My 1st Freestanding MAC haul!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, finally drove out to the freestanding MAC to break in the Pro card!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Here's the goodies:

1. Stopped in at Nordstroms... I didn't even know there was one in this mall - didn't show up on Nordie's site, so I peeked over @ their MAC counter... and snagged the last Beau palette they had!
wink.gif
Unfortunately couldn't get this 30% off because it was only at the Nordies counter.
icon_rolleyes.gif

2. Also stopped in at Sephora (just to look... lol) and picked up my perfume, and got these samples.

3. The perfume! LOL Philosophy's Pure Grace... my HG 'Signature' Scent! love it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I think this is like my 5th bottle... lol

4. MAC brush cleaner. Will be bathing my brushes tonight!
tongue.gif

5. Got (2) 15-pan palettes for eyeshadows

6. From the D'Bohemia collection.....

7. 4 refill pan eyeshadows (from L to R: Deep Truth, Femme Noir, Paradisco, &Tilt) Femme Noir looks weird in the pic... it's a dark forest green IRL.

8. Powerpoint pencils in "Out to Sea" ( a light turquiose blue- & thanks to Bethany for the inspiration!) and "Tealo" (a dark green)

9. (1) 6-pan blush palette

10. Blot powder in Dark (with yours truly in the mirror! LOL)

11. Powerpoint swatches

And that's it for today... also stopped into Victorias Secret for my 'free panty' that I got a card for in the mail.... in black
smile.gif

Now once I depot the es's - I'll be at the local MAC counter for a lippie!
smile.gif
Now I have one question... on the Beau palette box, and on both empty palette boxes, they have the 'back 2 mac' on them... how do you go about doing b2m's with palettes???
icon_wink.gif
Oh.. another question! lol Can I use my pro card to order from the regular maccosmetics website? and what about phoning in orders for regular items using the pro #???
redface.gif

great haul i am jealous. well the only B2M that i know is the plastic and the glass they they have product in the cardboard boxes don't count

Originally Posted by Anya1976 great haul i am jealous. well the only B2M that i know is the plastic and the glass they they have product in the cardboard boxes don't count well I know pretty much the other stuff... but like the beau quad - box had the b2m on it... what are you supposed to do? take the palette back & get refills cheaper or something?? same thing with the 15-pans... how can that be b2m? lol
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 well I know pretty much the other stuff... but like the beau quad - box had the b2m on it... what are you supposed to do? take the palette back & get refills cheaper or something?? same thing with the 15-pans... how can that be b2m? lol
icon_wink.gif
i guess when you are done with the palettes (if ever) you can take them back

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, finally drove out to the freestanding MAC to break in the Pro card!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Here's the goodies:

1. Stopped in at Nordstroms... I didn't even know there was one in this mall - didn't show up on Nordie's site, so I peeked over @ their MAC counter... and snagged the last Beau palette they had!
wink.gif
Unfortunately couldn't get this 30% off because it was only at the Nordies counter.
icon_rolleyes.gif

2. Also stopped in at Sephora (just to look... lol) and picked up my perfume, and got these samples.

3. The perfume! LOL Philosophy's Pure Grace... my HG 'Signature' Scent! love it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

tongue.gif

7. 4 refill pan eyeshadows (from L to R: Deep Truth, Femme Noir, Paradisco, &Tilt) Femme Noir looks weird in the pic... it's a dark forest green IRL.

8. Powerpoint pencils in "Out to Sea" ( a light turquiose blue- & thanks to Bethany for the inspiration!) and "Tealo" (a dark green)

11. Powerpoint swatches

And that's it for today... also stopped into Victorias Secret for my 'free panty' that I got a card for in the mail.... in black
smile.gif

smile.gif
Now I have one question... on the Beau palette box, and on both empty palette boxes, they have the 'back 2 mac' on them... how do you go about doing b2m's with palettes???
icon_wink.gif
Oh.. another question! lol Can I use my pro card to order from the regular maccosmetics website? and what about phoning in orders for regular items using the pro #???
redface.gif

"Your MAC card after you got done w/it"

Wow! Looks like you did some damage to your wallet even with the 30% off. Have fun trying it all out.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, finally drove out to the freestanding MAC to break in the Pro card!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Here's the goodies:

wink.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

icon_cheesygrin.gif

tongue.gif

11. Powerpoint swatches

smile.gif

smile.gif
icon_wink.gif
redface.gif

Fab haul!

Must be great getting all that MAC at discount!!

Wow Janelle! What a great haul. I have Out To Sea & Tealo before but i swapped them away. That reminds me, i have MAC's Navy Stain Powerpoint that i rarely use so i'll send that to you in the package i'll be sending in a few weeks!

Thanks guys! And Laura you are too sweet! :icon_love Thank you. I was actually looking for a navy one, but I didn't see one, so I opted for dark green powerpoint instead - as opposed to getting the fluidline. I use the pencils more often - so it would be a waste. Bethany had used the Out to Sea in her fotd the other day - & it looked great, so I got it for me & mom to share since she liked it too. Today's chore is to depot the 3 from D'Bohemia & the ones from the flea market that I got before... and maybe go get a l/s if I have time w/ the empties. I never got around to cleaning the brushes last night, so thats on todays agenda as well... thanks for all the sweet comments guys!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Ok... question... I have one Mineralize e/s. (noble) now before I bother ripping it from the pot, does anyone know if they fit into the blush palette that I got?
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha It wont fit Janelle as the e.s is domed"! leave it where it is! x Ah-ha! I knew you'd come to the rescue! Thanks doll!! :icon_love It shall remain potted!
wink.gif

Ok... went to return my empties... got the "Pink Apertif' lipstick (looks much darker in the tube than when on, goes on sheer) and taking Trisha's advice, I also got a shadestick in "Beige-ing"
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Here's a pic.

Janelle, I was wondering about the Pink Aspertif l/s. Is it the same color with VGV? And also what do you use Beige-ing for?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Ok... went to return my empties... got the "Pink Apertif' lipstick (looks much darker in the tube than when on, goes on sheer) and taking Trisha's advice, I also got a shadestick in "Beige-ing"
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Here's a pic.

Originally Posted by lilla Janelle, I was wondering about the Pink Aspertif l/s. Is it the same color with VGV? And also what do you use Beige-ing for? Well, the shade stick could be used as either an eyeshadow or as a base under eyeshadow (as Trisha just told me earlier!)
smile.gif
Honestly, the 2 lippies are close - IRL on my lips, I really can't tell the difference... pink apertif might go on a bit sheerer & a tad less "pink" and more peachy/nude - but it's hard to tell - very close. I took 2 pics... one with flash, one without. IRL it looks very close in color - only the P.Apertif looks a bit more sheer. In the flash it looks like a totally different color! lol But If you like VGV, I would think you'd like this too.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

First pic w/ flash, 2nd pic without.

Oh.. sorry - forgot to add *** Pink Aperif on left, VGV on right***
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol Holy haul! Congrats on all your goodies. Thanks chickie~ !!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Isn't that funny!? They look so different on skin but I hear from every one that they both are very similar so I am sure I'll like it. Thanks sweetie xx

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, the shade stick could be used as either an eyeshadow or as a base under eyeshadow (as Trisha just told me earlier!)
smile.gif
Honestly, the 2 lippies are close - IRL on my lips, I really can't tell the difference... pink apertif might go on a bit sheerer & a tad less "pink" and more peachy/nude - but it's hard to tell - very close. I took 2 pics... one with flash, one without. IRL it looks very close in color - only the P.Apertif looks a bit more sheer. In the flash it looks like a totally different color! lol But If you like VGV, I would think you'd like this too.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

First pic w/ flash, 2nd pic without.

Originally Posted by lilla Isn't that funny!? They look so different on skin but I hear from every one that they both are very similar so I am sure I'll like it. Thanks sweetie xx Yeah... lol When I look at my wrists it only looks a little more sheer - but similar in color. But the flash in the pic makes it look so different! But I tried it on when I got back to my car - and it didn't look much different than VGV does... light shimmery pink. My usual color! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back