My Clarins haul today

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to Macys today to check out some Clarins products and ended up walking out with the following:

Self-Tanning Kit that has full size Self Tanning Instant Gel (I love this self-tanner because it looks so natural), smaller sizes of the Exfoliating Body Scrub an Radiance Plus Self Tanning Cream-Gel that is suppose to make your skin look healthier it doesn't really make it tan.

I also bought a nail polish in #228 which is a really dark red. I love this nail polish I put it on and it's the best nail polish I've ever tried. Doesn't streak and dries quickly.

For lips I got the Long-lasting lip liner in Praline (just the perfect nude for me, not red or yellow) and the limited edition summer lipstick called Sun Sheer Lipstick in #03 which is a pretty shimmery nude.

The SA was really nice. She also gave me the following samples:

UV Plus Protective Say Screen

Total Body Lift

Eye Revive Beauty Flash

Multi-Active Day Lotion SPF 15

Great Haul, Reija! I got a sample of the Clarins Liquid Bronze Self-Tanner and I want to use it but am afraid that I will mess it up.
icon_sad.gif
Any tips on using self-tanner?

I've found that Clarins self-tanners go on evenly even if you don't do it so perfectly. I've never used their self-tanner on the face only the body self-tanner. I tried the Radiance Plus self-tanner sample I got and it felt so nice. It didn't really make my face tanned just gave a little bit of color. The SA said that if I wanted to look tanned on my face I needed a self-tanner. I would just use the Liquid Bronze on cleansed skin and use it sparingly. It's a lot more easier to control when you don't have a lot of product to blend. I would just continue to blend and blend until it feels it's all soaked in. That's what I do with the body self-tanner and get even results every time. No streaking.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I've found that Clarins self-tanners go on evenly even if you don't do it so perfectly. I've never used their self-tanner on the face on the body tanner. I tried the Radiance Plus self-tanner sample I got and it felt so nice. It didn't really make my face tanned just gave a little bit of color. The SA said that if I wanted to look tanned on my face I needed a self-tanner. I would just use the Liquid Bronze on cleansed skin and use it sparingly. It's a lot more easier to control when you don't have a lot of product to blend. I would just continue to blend and blend until it feels it's all soaked in. That's what I do with the body self-tanner and get even results every time. No streaking. Oooh... nice tip! might have to check out a sample of this!
wink.gif

Nice haul Reija, let us know how you like the Total Body Lift. I wanna know
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks for the info, Reija! The Clarins tanner I have is supposed to be pretty subtle and buildable, so I probably won't screw up that bad on the first try!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I've found that Clarins self-tanners go on evenly even if you don't do it so perfectly. I've never used their self-tanner on the face only the body self-tanner. I tried the Radiance Plus self-tanner sample I got and it felt so nice. It didn't really make my face tanned just gave a little bit of color. The SA said that if I wanted to look tanned on my face I needed a self-tanner. I would just use the Liquid Bronze on cleansed skin and use it sparingly. It's a lot more easier to control when you don't have a lot of product to blend. I would just continue to blend and blend until it feels it's all soaked in. That's what I do with the body self-tanner and get even results every time. No streaking.

Sounds great Reija! I have heard nothing but raves for Clarins tanners. Their products consistently show up on "Top 10" or "Must Have" lists. THe nail polish sounds divine...I love a dark dark red!

Reija, that polish sounds very nice! Are you wearing it now?
icon_biggrin.gif

I love Clarins!

My old counter manager from Clinique works for them now and she sends me lots of stuff.

I have a sample of liquid bronze self tanner from clarins but totally lost the instructions that came with it!! What do I do? I certainly don't want to apply it wrong ~ yikes! I am mostly wondering how long do i leave it on, do i wash it off, and how long do i wait before cleansing and makeup and whatnot?

That Self Tanning Gel by Clarins is my HG!!!!!!! I've been using it for a yr and I love it. I won't put it on my face though :/ Do you? and if you do how does it turn out?

Yay! Nice haul Reija! My sister loves Clarins.

I'd like to know how you like the Multi-Active Day Lotion.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by jrebeclee I have a sample of liquid bronze self tanner from clarins but totally lost the instructions that came with it!! What do I do? I certainly don't want to apply it wrong ~ yikes! I am mostly wondering how long do i leave it on, do i wash it off, and how long do i wait before cleansing and makeup and whatnot? Welcome to MakeUpTalk jrebeclee. I'm Laura from Ireland. I'm one of the mods on here so if you need help with anything, feel free to PM me or one of the other mods.
Regarding the Clarins Self-Tanner.. Can you perhaps call to a Clarins counter and ask the staff for some help. Or maybe they might have spare leaflet. I'm sure you'd use it just like any other self-tanner. Exfoliate really well before hand and then apply and continue to blend.

Great haul Reija!! Let us know how the self-tanner is! I've been looking for a good one!

Nice haul, Reija! That lipstick sounds so pretty! I have been liking nude lips lately...

Latest posts

Back