My Drugstore Adventure!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So while I was out running errands today, I had to stop at Walgreens and I went crazy -- I think I doubled my entire makeup collection today! lol Of course I've bought maybe two eyeshadows and some foundation all year so I could afford to be a little crazy, and hopefully this will satisfy my craving for a while:

• Isa Dora Brilliant Lip Shine in Sorbet
  • Isa Dora Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Angora Pink (the gloss was a 2-for-1 sale)
  • Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder in Translucent Fair (only $5, hopefully this will work as well as my $10 L'Oreal powder which I think has been discontinued now.)
  • Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Snow Plum (my first ever blush!)
  • L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eyeshadow Quad in Earthscapes (this was probably the only thing I didn't need, well not that I *need* any makeup, lol)
  • Jordanna Easyliner in Sterling Blue
  • Jordanna Easyliner in Creamy Cocoa (these liners were on sale if you bought 2)
  • Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner in Aubergine
  • Maybelline Eye Contour Brush
  • L'Oreal Lip Brush (Which I hope to use as a concealor brush)
  • My first ever train case for only $20!
(I thought I'd start slow and try colored eyeliner with more neutral shadows, before diving into really colored shadows! lol)
Pictures are attached.... the inside of the case is really grey but the flash made the colors look funny.

But now for the adventure part ... when I got out to the parking lot, I discovered that I had a flat tire! (I later found a nail in the tire -- makes me wonder when I got the flat, I'd think I'd notice driving on it!) Well, stupid me, I can program a computer but I didn't know how to change a tire.
icon_redface.gif
My husband turns off his cell phone at work, so I tried calling some friends but everyone was at work or class. I then tried calling my dad to see if he could tell me how to do it over the phone (I did not want to pay someone to come fix it!) but only Mom was home and she didn't know how to change a tire on my car. So we were trying to decide what to do, and I was about ready to call my husband's workplace and ask for him, when one of the Walgreens emplyees overheard my conversations and offered to change my tire for me! Fortunately it had stopped raining by then, so he changed the tire and I watched so I can do it myself next time!
wink.gif

I also learned a lesson today: always walk around your car and check both sides before getting in -- if the flat had been on the passenger side of the car, I never would have seen it!
icon_eek.gif

Nice haul! I can't believe that is your first blush:O

But I just recently started wearing blush a year ago myself, and I'm oh so glad that I did!

I have that train case but mine is silver. it's a perfection one right? that was my very first train case. i now keep all my drug store stuff in it. I love the fact that it has the places for bottles in the front.

congrats on your haul. i hauled big time yesterday at MAC.

Great haul Jen! You have to let me know how you like the lipgloss... I've seen that & it looks really nice! Congrats on all your stuff!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by FairyRave Nice haul! I can't believe that is your first blush:OBut I just recently started wearing blush a year ago myself, and I'm oh so glad that I did!

Heck, I just started wearing eyeshadow a year ago! I'm just getting into more makeup, and I'm learning from this site!
biggrin.gif
I figured that blush looked like a nice, safe color for my pale skin -- and if I don't like it was only $3
wink.gif
(I love drugstore makeup!)
Anya, that is a Perfection case -- it's a pewter colored metal with a textured pattern, with silver trim, if you can't tell from my bad pictures...

Which is one of the reasons I don't post pictures of FOTD's: my digital camera sucks for close-ups, even in the macro mode! That makeup picture was taken at the highest resolution and I shrank it 25% before posting it, and it's still blurry! But at least my camera works fine for long distance shots!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Anya, that is a Perfection case -- it's a pewter colored metal with a textured pattern, with silver trim, if you can't tell from my bad pictures...

Which is one of the reasons I don't post pictures of FOTD's: my digital camera sucks for close-ups, even in the macro mode! That makeup picture was taken at the highest resolution and I shrank it 25% before posting it, and it's still blurry! But at least my camera works fine for long distance shots!
smile.gif

mine is the pewter one with the textured metal too it just didn't look the same in the pics. my camera turns my hair red all the time in pics it looks red everyone always says what beautiful red hair i have and i'm like um no it's dark blonde lol

i really do dig the traincase though. I liked that it has a mirror in it too.

Originally Posted by girl_geek Which is one of the reasons I don't post pictures of FOTD's: my digital camera sucks for close-ups, even in the macro mode! That makeup picture was taken at the highest resolution and I shrank it 25% before posting it, and it's still blurry! But at least my camera works fine for long distance shots!
smile.gif

Those pics didn't look bad
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 mine is the pewter one with the textured metal too it just didn't look the same in the pics. my camera turns my hair red all the time in pics it looks red everyone always says what beautiful red hair i have and i'm like um no it's dark blonde lol

Oh.. I thought it was red too! lol
rolleyes.gif

That is a nice haul you got there! Congrats and it sucks about the flat tire.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 mine is the pewter one with the textured metal too it just didn't look the same in the pics. my camera turns my hair red all the time in pics it looks red everyone always says what beautiful red hair i have and i'm like um no it's dark blonde lol

Yeah, there is a mirror on the inside of the lid that you can't see in the picture, if anyone's looking for a $20 train case
wink.gif

When I got home I realized that I hadn't thought about where I would store the train case, it doesn't fit in the dresser drawer where I currently keep my makeup, and we have a tiny little bathroom that doesn't even have a counter (just a sink on the wall!) So right now it is living on my bookshelf next to my textbooks! lol Oh well, I graduate in December so we'll be moving then, hopefully to a bigger apartment in another city!
smile.gif

Nice haul girl_geek.. I've heard good things about the Jordana eyeliners so let us know how they are for you when you try them out!

Enjoy playing with everything
biggrin.gif

Fab haul! Enjoy!

And you also learnt how to change a flat!! Something i wouldn't have a clue about!

woohoo!!! sounds like you got great stuff. and I agree that blush is necessary *lol*

I never wore it either cause I always seemed to see only bright pink or orangey shades at the drugstore. I thought it would give my sometimes slightly red face a weird color. but now I wear blush almost every day.

enjoy your stuff!!!!

Originally Posted by girl_geek Yeah, there is a mirror on the inside of the lid that you can't see in the picture, if anyone's looking for a $20 train case
wink.gif

When I got home I realized that I hadn't thought about where I would store the train case, it doesn't fit in the dresser drawer where I currently keep my makeup, and we have a tiny little bathroom that doesn't even have a counter (just a sink on the wall!) So right now it is living on my bookshelf next to my textbooks! lol Oh well, I graduate in December so we'll be moving then, hopefully to a bigger apartment in another city!
smile.gif

i had to shove my hair products down to the other end of my dresser for my traincases to fit on my dresser. but what i need is a big one that fits everything so i dn't havet o use 2 cases it makes it harder when i am ina hurry.
frown.gif
but i do love the traincasei like it better than my other caboodles one that i got in a swap.

Nice haul!

It was super nice of the guy from Walgreens to change your tire. Yay for good guys!

Wow! What a nice haul! You got a lot of stuff. Glad to hear you got help with the tire. I wouldn't know what to do either. Never changed a tire before but I will check my car on both sides now.

Oh boy, play time!
biggrin.gif
Enjoy your haul!

I browsed the makeup at Wal-Mart yesterday and all the cheap brands were picked over big time. It was really a bummer. They need to restock their shelves!! The cheaper brands are getting better and better, and women are noticing--the shelves are practically bare!

Originally Posted by glamslam Oh boy, play time!
biggrin.gif
Enjoy your haul!I browsed the makeup at Wal-Mart yesterday and all the cheap brands were picked over big time. It was really a bummer. They need to restock their shelves!! The cheaper brands are getting better and better, and women are noticing--the shelves are practically bare!

i have to agree the d/s brands are getting better. the big parent companies are finally realizing that women WANT quality in d/s brands. too bad it took so long, maybe d/s brands wouldn't have such a bad name if they realized this years ago.

Originally Posted by glamslam Oh boy, play time!
biggrin.gif
Enjoy your haul!I browsed the makeup at Wal-Mart yesterday and all the cheap brands were picked over big time. It was really a bummer. They need to restock their shelves!! The cheaper brands are getting better and better, and women are noticing--the shelves are practically bare!

Yeah, I've noticed Wal-Mart tends to have problems keeping their cosmetics in stock. Drugstores like Walgreens and CVS *usually* have more things in stock, although lots of times the prices are 50 cents or $1 higher or so. Or at least that's what I've noticed in my town, not sure about everywhere else!
smile.gif

lol. i KIND OF know how to change a flat tire. it would take me awhile to figure it out though.

Latest posts

Back