My First MAC Products!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok everyone, I finally broke down and bought some MAC stuff!

Here's what I got (I really only meant to get the Lipglass):

Studio Fix NC20

Select Cover-Up NC20

Eye Shadows: Tempting and Shroom

Lipglasses: Viva Glam V and Enchantress

I'm SO excited!

Originally Posted by charms23 Congratulations on your first MAC purchase! Pretty soon you will be an addict just like us
icon_twisted.gif
For sure! I'm already thinking about more eye shadows!

woo hoo! congrats on your first mac purchase!!!

love the shadows and lip glasses! :icon_love

Congrats on your first MAC purchase. I just recently got VGV lipgloss and I love it.

*wohoo* another soon-to-be-MAC-addict! pretty big for a first MAC haul I must say. ENJOY!

Thanks gals! The Tempting eye shadow is sooooooooooooooooo gorgeous! I didn't think to ask the MA, but does anyone know what the difference is between the Lustre and Velvet Luxe shadows? They both looked sparkly, but maybe there's a difference in texture?

FROST

An iridescent shine that adds a highlight to any colour.

LUSTRE

Smoothly pearlized; intensely frosted with deluxe ultra-fine "conditioned" finish.

MATTE

Hi-colour pay-off in a no-shine matte finish.

SATIN

Pure colour in a satin-style finish. Provides a soft subtle non-frost, light-refractive sheen.

VELUXE

Superfine pigment rich and very luxe. Supple to apply. Provides silky smooth matte finish.

VELUXE PEARL

Vibrantly-toned. Velvety soft. Shimmeringly metallic. Veluxe eye shadow, now overlaid with high-shine pearl.

VELVET

Soft look finish with high-colour intensity. Has a plush velvety look and feel.

HTH!

Originally Posted by Arielle *wohoo* another soon-to-be-MAC-addict! pretty big for a first MAC haul I must say. ENJOY! I tend to go a little nuts when buying makeup, even if it's the first time trying a new brand. If I was low on cash, I would have just stuck with getting the lipglasses, but since I just got paid I went all out. I'm hoping I'll like the Studio Fix on my oily skin.

Originally Posted by Marisol FROSTAn iridescent shine that adds a highlight to any colour.

LUSTRE

Smoothly pearlized; intensely frosted with deluxe ultra-fine "conditioned" finish.

MATTE

Hi-colour pay-off in a no-shine matte finish.

SATIN

Pure colour in a satin-style finish. Provides a soft subtle non-frost, light-refractive sheen.

VELUXE

Superfine pigment rich and very luxe. Supple to apply. Provides silky smooth matte finish.

VELUXE PEARL

Vibrantly-toned. Velvety soft. Shimmeringly metallic. Veluxe eye shadow, now overlaid with high-shine pearl.

VELVET

Soft look finish with high-colour intensity. Has a plush velvety look and feel.

HTH!

That definitely helps, thanks so much! I guess I meant Veluxe, not Velvet Luxe. I have body lotion that's called Velvet Luxe and I think I confused it with that. Blonde moment!

Originally Posted by spazbaby That definitely helps, thanks so much! I guess I meant Veluxe, not Velvet Luxe. I have body lotion that's called Velvet Luxe and I think I confused it with that. Blonde moment! Anytime!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I finally got a chance to play with my new MAC stuff, and I can't even describe how gorgeous the Tempting eye shadow looks with my green eyes!

I'm also going to be obsessed with the Studio Fix, I can't believe how easily it was to apply, and it looks fantastic. My blush looks absolutely amazing on top of it.

So, here's what I'm wearing:

Select Cover-Up

Studio Fix

UD Primer Potion

Tempting (lash line to crease)

Shroom (crease to brow line)

Clinique Smoky Brown Quickliner for eyes (only on lower lid)

Clinique High Impact Mascara in black

Clinique Powder Blush in Mocha Pink

Viva Glam V lipglass

Now I need some more opinions...I want to get Aquadisiac, Shimmermoss, and Retrospeck. What liner(s) look good with Aquadisiac and Shimmermoss? I'm thinking the Minted pencil but I'm soooooooo curious about the Fluidlines. Suggestions please!

Originally Posted by spazbaby I finally got a chance to play with my new MAC stuff, and I can't even describe how gorgeous the Tempting eye shadow looks with my green eyes!
I'm also going to be obsessed with the Studio Fix, I can't believe how easily it was to apply, and it looks fantastic. My blush looks absolutely amazing on top of it.

So, here's what I'm wearing:

Select Cover-Up

Studio Fix

UD Primer Potion

Tempting (lash line to crease)

Shroom (crease to brow line)

Clinique Smoky Brown Quickliner for eyes (only on lower lid)

Clinique High Impact Mascara in black

Clinique Powder Blush in Mocha Pink

Viva Glam V lipglass

Now I need some more opinions...I want to get Aquadisiac, Shimmermoss, and Retrospeck. What liner(s) look good with Aquadisiac and Shimmermoss? I'm thinking the Minted pencil but I'm soooooooo curious about the Fluidlines. Suggestions please!

I have Aquadisiac too and love it. Of course Minted kohl would look good with it. I have used it with Blue Peep,Waveline and Blacktrack fluidlines. they are absolutely godsend..no eyeliner is easier to use. you should definitely get them!!!

Originally Posted by Arielle I have Aquadisiac too and love it. Of course Minted kohl would look good with it. I have used it with Blue Peep,Waveline and Blacktrack fluidlines. they are absolutely godsend..no eyeliner is easier to use. you should definitely get them!!! Cool, I was concerned about ease of use with the Fluidlines. I really like Shade so I might go a different direction with the shadows. This will be fun!

Originally Posted by spazbaby Cool, I was concerned about ease of use with the Fluidlines. I really like Shade so I might go a different direction with the shadows. This will be fun! I am one of those people that has a hard time using eye liners (especially pencil) but I looooooooooove my Fluidlines. I have Macroviolet, Blue Peep, Blacktrack, Sweet Sage and Waveline and they are so easy to use.

Originally Posted by Marisol I am one of those people that has a hard time using eye liners (especially pencil) but I looooooooooove my Fluidlines. I have Macroviolet, Blue Peep, Blacktrack, Sweet Sage and Waveline and they are so easy to use. I'm liner-challenged as well. That's why I've been using Clinique Quickliners (twist-up, soft). Pencils definitely give me the most trouble. I'll definitely go with the Fluidlines then. I also saw a nice palette of Smashbox liners on QVC a couple weeks ago that would be nice to have. I'll try a Fluidline first though.

Congrats on your first purchase - the first of many i'm sure!!

I totally agree with what the girls have said about Fluidlines - they are really easy to use and last all day too! I have some Smashbox cream eyeliners but i much prefer the MAC gel ones.

Latest posts

Back