My first MAC purchase/ Questions??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so the closest MAC counter is about 30-35 miles away.

I have really wanted to try their brushes, foundations, and eye shadow.

Nordi's has a MAC brush set for about 46.00 it has 129SE-for foundation, 219 SE for eyes, 239-eyes, 266- eyes, or brows, and 316SE for lips.

Would this be a good starter kit?

I have a feeling this is going to be addicting.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

JMR

Originally Posted by jmrut22 Ok so the closest MAC counter is about 30-35 miles away.I have really wanted to try their brushes, foundations, and eye shadow.

Nordi's has a MAC brush set for about 46.00 it has 129SE-for foundation, 219 SE for eyes, 239-eyes, 266- eyes, or brows, and 316SE for lips.

Would this be a good starter kit?

I have a feeling this is going to be addicting.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

JMR

Hi JMR! Welcome to MuT, nice to see you here. Since your new to MAC, i am sure along with my opinions, you will find LOTS of others! I dont know your skin tone or coloring. So, going with the basics here. I use Studio Fix as my foundation which is a powder, i do NOT like liquid or creamy foundations. ick. I do use concealer where necessary. You would be better off seeing the MAC MUA for advice on that. As for colors. That again is a choice to compliment your coloring! I love all of them! I have Naked lunch, phloof, debohemia, bagatelle, omg.. the list goes on! You can see alot of it on my notepad! I have pigments too. OMG! love them! deckchair! Provence, melon, pink pearl, greenbrown, blue storm, frost, coco beach.. good lord.. its really getting out of control! The brush sets, i warn you now.. ARE NOT the same quality as the single brushes... But they are good for someone to start with! I say go for it! Good luck and welcome to the MAC Addiction.. i swear, i need MAC 12 Step or something...

Hi welcome to MUT
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Yes you're right it is going to get addicting, I never would have thought one small little eyeshadow would start such a big addiction haha :icon_love

As for foundation I love the select spf 15, and also the sheer pressed powder.

With eyeshadows what colours are you keen on?? golds, greens, blues etc

hi! the nordies sets are great starter sets! it has a lot of brushes for a good price. the quality isn't the same as the regular brushes, but they're still really good.

Hey thanks girls

I am really looking for a good starter set. I have no MAC brushes or MAC makeup right now
icon_redface.gif
. I have wanted to try them though.

I think I will get the brushes from Nordies and start with eyes...

I have fair/ olive skin tone. Blond hair and blue/gray eyes.

I have been checking out some of the pigment colors. I didnt realize you could do so much with pigments.

JMR

Originally Posted by jmrut22 Hey thanks girls
I am really looking for a good starter set. I have no MAC brushes or MAC makeup right now
icon_redface.gif
. I have wanted to try them though.

I think I will get the brushes from Nordies and start with eyes...

I have fair/ olive skin tone. Blond hair and blue/gray eyes.

I have been checking out some of the pigment colors. I didnt realize you could do so much with pigments.

JMR

OMG! i just LOOOOOOOOOVE pigments! I dont know why i was so afraid of them.. now, forget it.. i just put on some paints (Shimma, Stilife, Bare canvas) and pick the colors of the day! YAY!

Latest posts

Back