My Glam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BeautyArmy was also smart and only opened it up to 300 people first.  I think MyGlam just bit off more then then could chew.

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BeautyArmy is also a new company, but no problems like this is. this is month 2 for Myglam. this excuse for them is getting old. I still have not recieved a bag for which was paid for on Dec. 17th. They have money, I have no bag. you call it what you want, but in my mind they are a scam.

Originally Posted by ciaobella9821 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BeautyArmy was also smart and only opened it up to 300 people first.  I think MyGlam just bit off more then then could chew.
I totally agree. They should have kept it open to the first 500 people and leave at that for at least three months to work out the bugs. At the end of three months open to another 1000 and work from there. Within their first year THEN open to more members. From my understanding, and this is just based on what was written on their wall by them, they have over 10,000 SUBSCRIPTION members. They have over 60,000 members in total but not everyone has a paid account. I realize they want to be better than Birchbox and all the other subscription companies out there with the "community feel" but they're a business and need to treat it as such.

I have been a Birchbox subscriber for three months, and they have been so-so, so I went ahead and recently signed up for MyGlam.  I should receive my first bag in February.  I will keep both subscriptions for now.  I've been reading what everybody has been saying and I hope I don't regret my MyGlam decision :-(.

I like the idea of Myglam a lot (which is why I tried it) but the way they have been treating their customers is not acceptable. Does Birchbox give out the occasional full sized product or is it all little samples? Do they give out any makeup?

They dont always give out full size, but this month there were full sized Stila eyeliners in half of the boxes options.

Birchbox's customer service is amazing, as well as their rewards system.  At least in my opinion.

Originally Posted by corderbollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the idea of Myglam a lot (which is why I tried it) but the way they have been treating their customers is not acceptable. Does Birchbox give out the occasional full sized product or is it all little samples? Do they give out any makeup?

Originally Posted by corderbollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do give out full products and make up sometimes. January's box included a full size of stila's smudge stick water-proof eyeliner.

What would I need to do to change my credit card on their site? Can I do it myself or do I need to email someone about it?

I saw on their facebook that alot of people are getting charged for their February boxes. I just ordered a new card and it should be here by next week.

I want to make sure I get the February box though.

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What would I need to do to change my credit card on their site? Can I do it myself or do I need to email someone about it?

I saw on their facebook that alot of people are getting charged for their February boxes. I just ordered a new card and it should be here by next week.

I want to make sure I get the February box though.
Unfortunately at this time their site is not set to change credit cards. If you attempt to do so it will suspend your account. Unfortunately, from my understanding, they cannot manually change it for you either. What you'll need to do, if possible, is wait for subscriptions to reopen and cancel your account then resubscribe. You will be billed immediately for the next month's bag so keep that in mind.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately at this time their site is not set to change credit cards. If you attempt to do so it will suspend your account. Unfortunately, from my understanding, they cannot manually change it for you either. What you'll need to do, if possible, is wait for subscriptions to reopen and cancel your account then resubscribe. You will be billed immediately for the next month's bag so keep that in mind.

Thanks. It totally sucks because alot of people are thinking that after the whole shipping debacle they'll not open subscriptions for awhile to get everything fixed.

I was really looking forward to trying this subscription service because it's my first one I've ever tried.

Yep. If you go to update your payment information they deactivate your account and then if subscriptions are open you basically resign up. I had to change my info and my first sign up is inactive and I now have a new sign up that is active. Lucky for me when I updated there were subscriptions available.

http://myglam.assistly.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Thank you.

Subscriptions actually opened up today and I was able to sign up. But I'm pretty sure it means I'm getting two boxes. When you first sign up it automatically charges you for next months box right? So since I signed up twice this month it must mean I'm getting two boxes. It's not that bad because if I end up with duplicates I can give it to a family member but I also might end up with two different things I actually like.

Subscriptions ARE open right now for anyone who needs to change their payment information. I just cancelled and signed back up with no issues. My only concern is if the subscriptions open right this minute are for the February bag or March...I'd assume February since they have not announced that bag is 100% sold out yet. 

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Subscriptions actually opened up today and I was able to sign up. But I'm pretty sure it means I'm getting two boxes. When you first sign up it automatically charges you for next months box right? So since I signed up twice this month it must mean I'm getting two boxes. It's not that bad because if I end up with duplicates I can give it to a family member but I also might end up with two different things I actually like.
I would check the account to make sure. You should see something like this in your profile.

How many subscriptions you have will be listed there as MyGlam Month Subscription (1). If you have two then it would probably read as (2).

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Subscriptions ARE open right now for anyone who needs to change their payment information. I just cancelled and signed back up with no issues. My only concern is if the subscriptions open right this minute are for the February bag or March...I'd assume February since they have not announced that bag is 100% sold out yet. 
I think you're right. It should be for February.

Ugh, I'm kind of shocked that they are still accepting new subscribers. It just seems they should focus more on the customers they currently have as that's more than enough to keep them busy. Then again maybe several ppl were upset so they cancelled the service and that opened the door for newbies. The plus side for me is I was able to add my new cc info

Actually Zadi, hers will look like mine. I also did what she did to update my info.

When I click Edit on the bottom subscription it has a canceled status.

I was charged on the tenth and have not received anything. Not a welcome email, not a shipment notification, nothing. I emailed customer service about it, but I've canceled my membership.

Originally Posted by oOliveColored /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was charged on the tenth and have not received anything. Not a welcome email, not a shipment notification, nothing. I emailed customer service about it, but I've canceled my membership.

10th of this month? Then your first bag would most like come in February. It's one thing I think they need to clear on for new subscribers - exactly when will their first box ships (like with Beauty Bar).

Latest posts

Back