My Glam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an order confirmation/welcome email both times I signed up as well as shipping confirmations. Id say about half of my emails from myglam end up in my spam folder though regardless of them being in my contacts. Have you tried looking there yet? And like zadi said your first bag would likely have been February so you should not have received a shipping notice until around the 10th of that month. I believe somewhere in the faq section of the site it says something like whatever month you place an order, you receive the following months bag unless otherwise notified.

It's the complete lack of communication that led me to cancel. Nothing in email, spam, or on my account when I log into the website.

I'm opting to stay away until they fix the kinks in their customer service.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

10th of this month? Then your first bag would most like come in February. It's one thing I think they need to clear on for new subscribers - exactly when will their first box ships (like with Beauty Bar).

No I mean, there is a typo.  It seems like it should say "If you want TO activate it"  Not "if you want activate it"

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It does say that, but I assume that only works if subscriptions are open.

Originally Posted by ciaobella9821 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No I mean, there is a typo.  It seems like it should say "If you want TO activate it"  Not "if you want activate it"

Oh shoot I didn't even notice that lol!

I just spent about 10 hours this week editing papers, so those type of things are just jumping out at me right now!  lol

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh shoot I didn't even notice that lol!

I signed up on like the 8th, but I never received any confirmation or welcome emails; I just get the occasional "glam girls" promotional spam that everyone gets. I was definitely charged for it, though. I don't really understand how an automated confirmation letter fails to deliver--to multiple people.

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received an order confirmation/welcome email both times I signed up as well as shipping confirmations. Id say about half of my emails from myglam end up in my spam folder though regardless of them being in my contacts. Have you tried looking there yet? And like zadi said your first bag would likely have been February so you should not have received a shipping notice until around the 10th of that month. I believe somewhere in the faq section of the site it says something like whatever month you place an order, you receive the following months bag unless otherwise notified.

Does anyone else think its silly for someone to ask "Any suggestions on how to use the Wen?  I know you are not supposed to shampoo with it, but I am going to anyway" ??  If you are going to try a product, wouldnt you want to try it the way its instructed to first?  

Shoot! I signed up for the February box and now I'm worried that it's going to be shady. I picked them over Birchbox because a lot of people I know have BB and didn't like how small the samples were. But if they're a better company and have the point system, I might just end up going with BB anyways. 

I'm going to see how my Feb box goes for MyGlam, but that's really sketchy that they wouldn't take the time to at least take a sharpie and color over the previous persons contact info before resending out the box. 

I keep trying to get a subscription and they keep saying that it's sold out! What's annoying me is that they are supposed to notify me when it's available but I see people saying it was open just three days ago and I got no email. Is anyone else experiencing this? I want to give you my money!

lol - Don't wait for emails. Most members get their info on subscriptions open either here or on Facebook.

I am so on the fence about subscribing to MyGlam.  On one hand it seems like they have a lot of kinks to work out and I don't want to subscribe while they're sending out skintone specific stuff or sending my mailing label to someone else, but on the other hand I think the samples may become smaller and smaller as the months pass (like birchbox).  I know they're sold out right now, but I considered it in the window when they were open and I'm sure there will be another...

I'm kind of on the fence too! This month was my first bag but there have just been several issues and there seem to be more popping up. I think Feb's bag will be the make it/break it for me especially now that there is Sample Society and TheLookBag.

I'm just worried that once I cancel they will have something Amazing and then I won't be able to resubscribe! Plus I kind of like the girl power behind the company and I like supporting the different gurus (though the only one I actually watch on a somewhat regular basis is Jessica.)

We will see!

Hey I was wondering if anyone on here can help me. I am freaking out as I ordered and paid for my January bag, got a conformation email that they information had been received but never got my bag!!! I have now emailed them through assistly 2 times with no answer. I also posted on their facebook, twitter as well as Bethanys channel (as I subscribe to her). No luck on anything. I don't want to lose out on my money as well as my bag plus don't want this to happen again!! If anyone can help me please I am desperate!!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

When did you begin your subscription? If it was any time in January, you'll be getting the February bag--unless it explicitly stated you'd be getting your Jan. bag, your confirmation email was probably just to confirm you paid for your subscription.

Speaking of unresponsiveness and confirmation emails.. I subbed in early Jan. and never received any email confirmations or anything. The only way I know I'm subscribed is by seeing my status and the money withdrawn from my account. I contacted them like last Thursday if my subscription would be affected by the lack confirmation, but I have yet to receive any response. Would it kill them to hire some help with communication?

Originally Posted by Vran /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey I was wondering if anyone on here can help me. I am freaking out as I ordered and paid for my January bag, got a conformation email that they information had been received but never got my bag!!!

I ordered the bag in mid december and received a shipping conformation january 15 ( MyGlam package was shipped to you on 01/13/2012 to the following address: ) and now I have head nothing since..

Originally Posted by Vran /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey I was wondering if anyone on here can help me. I am freaking out as I ordered and paid for my January bag, got a conformation email that they information had been received but never got my bag!!! I have now emailed them through assistly 2 times with no answer. I also posted on their facebook, twitter as well as Bethanys channel (as I subscribe to her). No luck on anything. I don't want to lose out on my money as well as my bag plus don't want this to happen again!! If anyone can help me please I am desperate!!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Vran.

First things first. When did you subscribe? If you subscribed in December then you would have to contact the ladies at MyGlam via Assistly (as you've done so) and basically wait for a reply. Unfortunately some people have had to wait up to four to five days before a reply. If you do not hear back from them within 48 hours contact them again. If you subscribed in January most people first bags will be shipped around February 10, a FEW people who subscribed in January (I believe within the first five days) were scheduled to get a January bag - some but not all.

The stylists - MacBarbie07 (Beth), Michelle, Andrea and Jessica do not have access to member's accounts, they're merely the spokeswomen for MyGlam.

IF you paid in December and have yet to get a bag as of today and have not heard back from MyGlam your option is to wait until February 3 (Friday) for a refund (some people were to get refunds) and if you don't see a refund in your account by 5 PM that day then come Monday the 6th you can open a dispute with your bank or credit card. That's like a last ditch effort to get your money back if you want.

The OLD email addresses were [email protected] and [email protected] but from my understanding emailing either address will take longer for a response.

Back