My Glam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did anyone here sign up for the My Glam bag subscription? (www.myglam.com) I decided to try it because I think it may turn out to be what a lot of people want birchbox to be! December's box is going to have a tarte mascara, UDPP, UD Sin shadow, a NYX lip gloss, and these like blush papers.

I think I'm gonna stay subscribed to both for December and January and then decide which one I want to keep come February and abandon one haha.

I am subscribed but my biggest concern is that I think she/they may have bitten off more then they can chew. Birchbox took over a year to get as many members as they have while it took only a few days for MyGlam to reach almost as many as Birchbox. If they don't have the proper foundation to build their company this rush into it and sell 10,000+ boxes might bite them in the butt. We'll see. I hope I'm wrong but I just have this feeling that if Eco-Emi has all these problems, Birchbox (with it's millions of dollars in investors) have these problems what makes MyGlam any different? Who knows, maybe in a couple of months I'll be singing their praises on what a fantastic company it is. I shall remain skeptical though until convinced otherwise.

BTW - anyone wanting a MyGlam is out of luck. They're no longer taking subscribers.

MyGlam on Facebook: Hi all, We are all sold out and can't accept any new subscriptions. We'll work hard to find more products and hopefully can open up the subscriptions again soon.

If you already subscribed, you're in! You won't need to re-order. Thanks and xoxo

I was really excited to buy one, mostly because I didn't HAVE to pay for more than one month if I didn't like it, and $10 was an amazing price for what you were getting.  Sadly, they do not ship internationally.  I was totally going to use the eyeshadow as a secret santa gift because I already own the color xD.. And I am running low on primer/mascara, so it would have been perfect!  But alas, it was not meant to be. </3

Originally Posted by KillerBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was really excited to buy one, mostly because I didn't HAVE to pay for more than one month if I didn't like it, and $10 was an amazing price for what you were getting.  Sadly, they do not ship internationally.  I was totally going to use the eyeshadow as a secret santa gift because I already own the color xD.. And I am running low on primer/mascara, so it would have been perfect!  But alas, it was not meant to be. </3

Yeah that's why I signed up. I need a new mascara and primer and even with just those 2 things at $10 would be a deal! Haha. It's like the eyeshadow, lip product, and blush paper thingis are a bonus. WIN. Even if the company tanks after a few months at least december will be a super good deal!

Bummer than they don't ship internationally for you though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

how long have they been around? seems like they have more actual makeup products, rather than birchbox's skin creams and face scrubs. definitely interested in signing up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(although I have to say, michelle phan kind of creeps me out)

I was lucky enough to sign up before the subscriptions ran out. i personally think the site has done a  great job of knowing how many products they have and cutting off new orders before it became a mess or had to issue refunds. they said they cant order more of the current bags, but plan to find products they can order in a greater quantity to open up more subscriptions. the only thing im not happy with is you cant switch from a month to month sub to a yearly without cancelling your account first and losing you "spot" in line to get every bag. 

I heard about it too late. Bummer, because this sounds like I would love it. Oh well.

Birchbox and GogoGirlfriend have me a little skeptical now when it comes to monthly samples.  I'll be looking forward to reviews and trust me I'll be keeping my eye on this company to see if they follow thru month after month. 

I like Birchbox a great deal. Even if the samples are tiny (the Jouer lip conditioner for example) you do get at least $10 worth of samples. PLUS if you do the reviews for each item sent you get 10 pts. 100 pts = $10 off their site. If you refer people you get 50 pts. You buy products from them you get more pts (can't recall the amount of pts per dollar you spend). I've used 500 pts so far on my husband's box (which came a week or so ago). I have almost 400 more pts in my account to buy a $40 product from them. It does add up. Out of ALL the companies so far Birchbox is the only one that hasn't completely disappointed me in wanting to cancel my account.

As for My Glam. My tracking info came today. It's being shipped out on the 10th via USPS First Class. Can't wait to get my box.

I agree, I think Birchbox is an amazing deal, especially with their points system.  You pay 10 dollars a month, and typically every month has 4-6 samples that you can review.  Say you get 5 each month... in two months, you just earned 10 dollars in points.  I have found so many things from my Birchboxes that I have loved and was able to buy full size with my points.  

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like Birchbox a great deal. Even if the samples are tiny (the Jouer lip conditioner for example) you do get at least $10 worth of samples. PLUS if you do the reviews for each item sent you get 10 pts. 100 pts = $10 off their site. If you refer people you get 50 pts. You buy products from them you get more pts (can't recall the amount of pts per dollar you spend). I've used 500 pts so far on my husband's box (which came a week or so ago). I have almost 400 more pts in my account to buy a $40 product from them. It does add up. Out of ALL the companies so far Birchbox is the only one that hasn't completely disappointed me in wanting to cancel my account.

As for My Glam. My tracking info came today. It's being shipped out on the 10th via USPS First Class. Can't wait to get my box.

I'm really interested to see what you guys got! I heard about MyGlam only recently but was a bit skeptical about signing up.

I was disappointed that they weren't accepting any new subscriptions. I am interested to try my glam when it opens back up again. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back