My Glam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm really happy with it.  It had 3 full sized items, The Urban Decay shadow, The NYX Gloss, and the blush papers.  The retail on those 3 alone are over $40 ($17.50 blush paper, $17 eyeshadow, $6 lipgloss) not counting the sample sized goodies.  

Oh man I can't wait until I receive mine. I really want to try those blush papers haha.

Originally Posted by SarahNerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm really happy with it.  It had 3 full sized items, The Urban Decay shadow, The NYX Gloss, and the blush papers.  The retail on those 3 alone are over $40 ($17.50 blush paper, $17 eyeshadow, $6 lipgloss) not counting the sample sized goodies.  

I was surprised they sent full size packs of them since they run $17.50.  I'm not complaining though!

I was excited just thinking that we would get a few sheets of it. Full size = amazing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was surprised they sent full size packs of them since they run $17.50.  I'm not complaining though!

Full size Urban Decay shadow: $17

Urban Decay travel size primer potion: $9

NYX lip gloss: (Is that full size?) $6

If they keep this month they'll definitely BEAT Birchbox who would lose customers to them. The downside is that this will be how Birchbox started out - that is send out full size products then six months down the road start sending deluxe sizes before another six months and start sending out minis and one-time use sample size.

Wow this has me even more excited to get my bag. I've been wanting to try sin for a while now. Hopefully its delivered today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This definitely seems like a good deal.  I did not sign up for it though since I know I am getting that same UD eyeshadow for christmas, and I have a full UD primer potion already. I also want to wait to see how this site pans out after a few months, since it is brand new.  I want it to have some positive history before I sign up.  But if it keeps going like it did in this first months shipment, then I'll definitely sign up.

I heard there was a coupon included in there which is $15 off the book of shadows 4 from Urbandecay.com! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Will the service be available anytime soon? This seems a little to good to be true LOL but I love birchbox and getting samples so this seems perfect for me!

Unknown. You can keep an eye on their Facebook wall for updates. When I see anything posted I'll inform members here. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LOL @ the title of the YT video. If MyGlam keeps this up then yes Birchbox will lose members HOWEVER we don't know if this fantastic box MyGlam sent out will be a monthly thing or if it was a launch thing or because it was December. Six months down the road will determine if MyGlam will live up to the expectations people had with Birchbox. Incidentally, when Birchbox started they were sending out full size products as well and around six to nine months after they launched they started sending deluxe samples then at time progressed mini samples. I don't think MyGlam will be able to constantly send out full size samples if they have as many members as Birchbox (over 40,000) since they won't make any money off of it.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL @ the title of the YT video. If MyGlam keeps this up then yes Birchbox will lose members HOWEVER we don't know if this fantastic box MyGlam sent out will be a monthly thing or if it was a launch thing or because it was December. Six months down the road will determine if MyGlam will live up to the expectations people had with Birchbox. Incidentally, when Birchbox started they were sending out full size products as well and around six to nine months after they launched they started sending deluxe samples then at time progressed mini samples. I don't think MyGlam will be able to constantly send out full size samples if they have as many members as Birchbox (over 40,000) since they won't make any money off of it.
I totally agree.

That's why I've been holding out.  I was disappointed in Birchbox and then got totally burned by GoGoGirlfriend.  I'm a little gun shy now with the monthly subscription racket.  Time will tell......

Loving it so far. I hope next month's bag is good too.

The only thing that kind of had me bummed is that I was hoping for the blush sheets, not the salicylic acid blotting sheets.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Full size Urban Decay shadow: $17

Urban Decay travel size primer potion: $9

NYX lip gloss: (Is that full size?) $6

If they keep this month they'll definitely BEAT Birchbox who would lose customers to them. The downside is that this will be how Birchbox started out - that is send out full size products then six months down the road start sending deluxe sizes before another six months and start sending out minis and one-time use sample size.

I'm pretty sure the NYX product is full sized. It's essentially a liquid lipstick and the size looks like what I saw at Ulta recently.

Do we know when their letting in new members?

I want to try it, although I think it'll be hard for them to keep sending full sized items like UD to everyone signing up. But what they are advertising is one to two full sized products each month and then some samples/deluxe samples.

Originally Posted by lilyelement /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Loving it so far. I hope next month's bag is good too.

The only thing that kind of had me bummed is that I was hoping for the blush sheets, not the salicylic acid blotting sheets.

I saw a few guru videos on it[the one's who are in on the whole project] and they said your supposed to get both the blotting sheets and the blush.

Latest posts

Back