My Mac Encounter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Ladies!

Well,I did it. I finally got to the Mac Store this evening. I think I got a nice haul to add to my makeup stash. Here's what I got.

• ProPallette
  • Small Shadow - Sable
  • Small Shadow - Swiss Chocolate
  • PowerPoint Eye Pencil -Engraved
  • Select Cover Up-NC45
  • Studio Fix-NC43
  • Lip Glass-Pop Mode
  • Lipstick Glaze-Hot Tahiti
  • Lipsticke Amplified Creme-Dubonnet
  • Powder Blush-Desert Rose
  • Pigment-Chocolate Brown
  • Brush-Large Shader
  • Brush-Concealer
  • Sharpner
I wanted to get a fluidline but they were sold out!
icon_frown.gif
I will keep checking back with them or I may have to order on line.It's been a while since I have bought any Mac,so I have some catching up to do!

I LOVE makeup!

Also,I have a question for some of you more informed MuT addicts.
icon_smile.gif
I don't have an extensive collection of mu yet but it's getting there. I,ve been looking at makeup cases online.

When I was purchasing my mu,I saw a Mac Makeup Train Case. It's shiny and black and has the Mac logo stamped on it ofcourse. I also saw a vinyl one. It wasn't as big as the other one but it was nice too.

I was in a hurry and I forgot to ask the MA about them.

Does anyone here know anything about these two? I don't see them on their website. I would like to get one but I want a nice spacious one,so that as I add on to my collection,I will still have room to grow for a while.

I hope they are reasonably priced. I don't mind paying for a nice case,but I am kind of picky.

Bobbi Brown has a really nice case but they want $225.00 for it. I like the way it's made and the compartments it has BUT I don't really see my self paying THAT MUCH for a case.

I may as well get a Professional Train Case,if I'm gonna spend that kind of money.

Any way,this is big encounter with Mac but it won't be my last.

Sheridan

P.S. I was suppose to go to Sephora's after I left,but I talked my self out of it! I'll hit them up some other time!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Awesome haul! I don't know how much the MAC train cases are but Sephora has very nice ones for under $100. Also, check Ebay!

Wow!! That's a nice haul ya' got there!!! Enjoy it!!!

I saw a train case at the MAC Store over the weekend - not sure if they have more than one (it was the hard one... not vinyl) but it was pretty small. The one from Caboodles that I got at Ulta is like 2-3 times bigger. If you want a large one that is decently priced, mine was $40 originally, and I got it for 35.00 with a coupon. It holds a LOT. Not enough space for all my stuff... but a LOT! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I want to get a small one for all my MAC stuff - since half the time when I'm running late, I'll do my MU on lunch @ my boyfriend's shop which is down the road from my job... and lugging my huge bag full of stuff around is getting rediculous!!! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif
You can also check on ebay. They have a bunch for like $35 or less that are really big. (they are usually multiple auction, so if you see the same pic over and over again, that's most likely the one I'm talking about)
wink.gif

Good luck and ENJOY THAT HAUL!!!!

Originally Posted by charms23 Nice haul, Sheridan! I don't really know much about MAC's train cases, but I did see this on their webpage. Is this the one you saw?

M97X_261.jpg

Hi Charmaine!

No, that isn't it. I,ve seen that one on the website before. The one I saw this evening looked about that size but it was jet black shiny hard case. If I find a pic of one that resembles it,I'll post it.

Thanks BTW!

i found mine on ebay for really cheap. the shipping is only expensive part. like $20. i think they're bigger than the sephora and mac ones also.

Originally Posted by Marisol Awesome haul! I don't know how much the MAC train cases are but Sephora has very nice ones for under $100. Also, check Ebay! Marisol,

Thanks for the advice. I will check out Ebay. I saw those at Sephora.com. They are beautiful. I may wind up with one of those instead.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Wow!! That's a nice haul ya' got there!!! Enjoy it!!!
I saw a train case at the MAC Store over the weekend - not sure if they have more than one (it was the hard one... not vinyl) but it was pretty small. The one from Caboodles that I got at Ulta is like 2-3 times bigger. If you want a large one that is decently priced, mine was $40 originally, and I got it for 35.00 with a coupon. It holds a LOT. Not enough space for all my stuff... but a LOT! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I want to get a small one for all my MAC stuff - since half the time when I'm running late, I'll do my MU on lunch @ my boyfriend's shop which is down the road from my job... and lugging my huge bag full of stuff around is getting rediculous!!! LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif
You can also check on ebay. They have a bunch for like $35 or less that are really big. (they are usually multiple auction, so if you see the same pic over and over again, that's most likely the one I'm talking about)
wink.gif

Good luck and ENJOY THAT HAUL!!!!

I definately will be enjoying it! Thanks for the info. I think I will give Ebay a shot. I looked at a few of them the other day and I liked the prices. Now,to find one that I like and I,m all set.I currently have a Cosmetek Case and it's adequate but that won't last long. I also have two mu bags filled with the majority of my lipsticks,glosses and balms. I need to get another case,soon!

Originally Posted by Liz i found mine on ebay for really cheap. the shipping is only expensive part. like $20. i think they're bigger than the sephora and mac ones also. Liz,
You guys have been terrific! I appreciate all of the input. I will let everyone know when I get one and all the details.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by charms23 Nice haul, Sheridan! I don't really know much about MAC's train cases, but I did see this on their webpage. Is this the one you saw?

M97X_261.jpg

The one I saw looked something like this.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=740 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=700 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD>
p.gif
</TD><TD>
p.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=4>
P76701_hero.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I found this at Sephora.com The one I saw,wanted to resemble this one. I don't know what the inside was like because I didn't ask the MA about it.

This is pretty nice and it's only $85.00. I am still going to checkout Ebay. Right now,the site is messing up and I can't get on.

Latest posts

Back