My most amazing find ever!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is the most amazing product for my oily skin, and it's even cheap: Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder!! :icon_love

I've tried several loose powders over the past few years, a mix of department store and drugstore brands (Prescriptives, Clinique, L'Oreal), and I never noticed much of a difference so I was beginning to think that all loose powders were the same. So when they discontinued the one I was using I picked up this CG powder since it was only $5.

When I opened the powder I could immediately tell it was different; it was more finely-milled and more a silky texture (rather than dry and powdery) like the other powders I've used. I needed to put more powder on my brush to get an even application, but my face still didn't look powdery and chalky when I was done so I figured that was no big deal.

Now my face is normally shiny after only 2-3 hours, and is practically a mud slide of oil and makeup by the end of the day ... But with this powder, my face was completely matte after 3 hours and barely even shiny at the end of the day -- with no touch ups!
icon_eek.gif
I have never seen anything like this, not even with makeup that claims to reduce shine! And even more amazing, my skin didn't even feel as oily as normal at the end of the day! I doubt the powder made my skin stop producing oil, I guess it just magically soaks it all up? I've only used this for 2 days so I'm praying it doesn't make me break out or anything! But if you have oily skin you really ought to try this stuff!!

The only drawback is that it has a slight yellow tint compared to most powders I've tried, it still looks fine on my face but may not work for everyone. (I bought it in Translucent Fair.)

I have never been this excited about a makeup product before!
biggrin.gif
Everyone go buy it so they won't discontinue it!

That's great.,I can hear the excitement pouring out of you...lol I'm sure your post will help many (& very affordable too)-When you just love something so much, ya just wanna go back & buy out the entire lot !!

I'm so glad you posted this! I was gonna post later on about my problems w/oily skin, etc!! I need something to soak up all this doggone oil my face is producing!! I'm gonna look into this powder. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll have a color that I can use. Thanks again for the info!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek This is the most amazing product for my oily skin, and it's even cheap: Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder!! :icon_love
I've tried several loose powders over the past few years, a mix of department store and drugstore brands (Prescriptives, Clinique, L'Oreal), and I never noticed much of a difference so I was beginning to think that all loose powders were the same. So when they discontinued the one I was using I picked up this CG powder since it was only $5.

When I opened the powder I could immediately tell it was different; it was more finely-milled and more a silky texture (rather than dry and powdery) like the other powders I've used. I needed to put more powder on my brush to get an even application, but my face still didn't look powdery and chalky when I was done so I figured that was no big deal.

Now my face is normally shiny after only 2-3 hours, and is practically a mud slide of oil and makeup by the end of the day ... But with this powder, my face was completely matte after 3 hours and barely even shiny at the end of the day -- with no touch ups!
icon_eek.gif
I have never seen anything like this, not even with makeup that claims to reduce shine! And even more amazing, my skin didn't even feel as oily as normal at the end of the day! I doubt the powder made my skin stop producing oil, I guess it just magically soaks it all up? I've only used this for 2 days so I'm praying it doesn't make me break out or anything! But if you have oily skin you really ought to try this stuff!!

The only drawback is that it has a slight yellow tint compared to most powders I've tried, it still looks fine on my face but may not work for everyone. (I bought it in Translucent Fair.)

I have never been this excited about a makeup product before!
biggrin.gif
Everyone go buy it so they won't discontinue it!

You were talking about it yesterday or the day before. I am glad it worked out for you. I wonder if it'd be too much for the dry skin
confused.gif

Originally Posted by lilla You were talking about it yesterday or the day before. I am glad it worked out for you. I wonder if it'd be too much for the dry skin
confused.gif
I don't know how it would work for dry skin, because the in the container the powder seems less dry than the other powders I've tried, so I really wasn't expecting it to work so well! If you're looking for an inexpensive powder there's still several other drugstore brands that sell powders for about $10 (I know L'Oreal and Almay, maybe Revlon or something too...)

I always look for the best
wink.gif
I am happy with Chantecaille but if I find anything better then that is a different story
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek I don't know how it would work for dry skin, because the in the container the powder seems less dry than the other powders I've tried, so I really wasn't expecting it to work so well! If you're looking for an inexpensive powder there's still several other drugstore brands that sell powders for about $10 (I know L'Oreal and Almay, maybe Revlon or something too...)

Back