My new little Buddy :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That kitty is so cute. I would like to have a cat. I have allergies and am not a cat person since my mom's cat scratched me.

Well, I guess Janelle's Animal Rescue has once again opened its doors for business! LOL Saturday morning, Me & Leo stop for some coffee & go to his shop like any other weekend... he goes in the back part (shop area) & I'm up front in the office when I hear a "HOLY #%#$" come from the back. Apparrenly he was startled by something... well, apparently something snuck in the garage door the night before and was sitting up on his toolbox & jumped at him when he went in the back... and being I'm a sucker for animals... especially babies... he's been fed, brushed, washed and is now in my parents bathroom quite cozy. :icon_love The 3 big boys aren't too keen on him yet - but I couldn't leave him out by the woods and dumpsters that he's been rummaging through and come to know as home in his short life. He cried a lot at first, but he's warming up to people now... he loves being pet and rubbed, and he loves getting brushed. LOL He even is litterbox trained, as we found out when he decided to pee on a pile of speedy-dry that Leo had on the floor to soak up some oil. LOL He's so tiny & adorable.. I'm in Love! Leo didn't want him at the shop, but I couldn't kick him out... he was liking having a home for a few days! Here he (or she - too young, can't tell yet) is!!! Awww ! Love em'! :icon_love

[/QUOT

Awww Janelle,

What a heart of gold you have! I think it's great you and Leo rescued your new 'freind'. I just have a feeling you won't be parted easlily!

Its so great he/she's getting better and i bet he's the cutest happiest little cat around. Have you chosen a name for him/her yet? (i bet you will
smile.gif

What a cute lil babe! He/She is gonna break some hearts someday! lol

I rescued an 8-ounce kitten from traffic on Sept. 11, 2001. I was taking some classes at a local university, and the campus was being evacuated. The cars were dodging her and these dumb ol' college boys were laughing at her. So I got out and yelled at them, then I scooped her up and drove home with her. She slept all curled up in my lap for the entire 35 min. drive. Now she lives with my aunt and uncle, cuz my dad's allergic. They named her Lucy. She's all grown up and somewhat chubby, but still beautiful. Everyone tells her how lucky she is! And now you've found a kitty who I'm sure is just as lucky. Congrats!

Originally Posted by Naturally If you want a cat/kitten but are prone to allergies ..look into Bengals. They are known to not cause allergies or as much allergic problems because of their fur is considered a pelt vs fur ..it's different. Plus they do not shed as much and don't have the dander that most cats do. Plus I think they are just neat looking to begin with ..I have 3 of them, well 1 isn't domestic. We had a little boy over a few years ago that had really BAD allergies to cats ..but didn't once break out with any problems while inside the house ..with the 3 cats! I love Bengals, I used to have a couple in college, but when I moved my ex kidnapped them!!! What a bastard! I want to get another one, but I'm having a hard time finding one I really like...I'm really picky when I choose my pets.

I keep clicking on the pics to see the lil baby. She is soo cute, I don't need another cat but I would have taken her. What name did you pick for her Janelle?

Aww! you guys are too cute!~ :icon_love He's really liking it here, (I'm just calling it a he for now until we're sure what it is... just b/c I'm used to having all boy animals - lol - so that is a temp. name lol) Well, I had him curled up asleep on me throughout the final Everybody Loves Raymond episode. He's getting very cuddly, purring like a little motorboat, and very playful.
smile.gif
All day he was asleep on this magazine rack that we had in the bathroom... (see pic) and then we took a wicker basket that my other cats don't use and he's in love with it. he's bouncing in and out of the thing and rolling around in it - and really liking his new bed. :icon_love He's now following me around, and he'll come when you make a noise or call him over. So adorable! He's also really liking mom's bed. LOL These pics don't really give you a clear shot of the coloring or the size of him... I don't even know how old it is. He looks a lot bigger in the pics than IRL - lol Put it this way... he's much smaller than a magazine! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Aaaaaww, such a cutie :icon_love :icon_love :icon_love It is definitely your cat, it even follows you
smile.gif
It looks like 3 months old, of course the vet would give you a better answer on that
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Aww! you guys are too cute!~ :icon_love He's really liking it here, (I'm just calling it a he for now until we're sure what it is... just b/c I'm used to having all boy animals - lol - so that is a temp. name lol) Well, I had him curled up asleep on me throughout the final Everybody Loves Raymond episode. He's getting very cuddly, purring like a little motorboat, and very playful.
smile.gif
All day he was asleep on this magazine rack that we had in the bathroom... (see pic) and then we took a wicker basket that my other cats don't use and he's in love with it. he's bouncing in and out of the thing and rolling around in it - and really liking his new bed. :icon_love He's now following me around, and he'll come when you make a noise or call him over. So adorable! He's also really liking mom's bed. LOL These pics don't really give you a clear shot of the coloring or the size of him... I don't even know how old it is. He looks a lot bigger in the pics than IRL - lol Put it this way... he's much smaller than a magazine! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I´d say he´s about 2 months, maybe even a lil younger..it´s hard to tell from the pics. it might also be that he´s just small because of bad nutrition or else. if you keep him take him to the vet first to see if he´s in good health condition.

but please do keep him/her!!!! you must have such a big heart,Janelle, I´m impressed!!! I´m the same, I would pick up every stray cat in the world and open a huge cat shelter and take care of all of them but that´s not possible.

he´s the cutest little kitty ever, so make sure you post many more pics!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle I´m the same, I would pick up every stray cat in the world and open a huge cat shelter and take care of all of them but that´s not possible.
Tell me about it!! I'd have a zoo! LOL
icon_redface.gif

Just took some more pics... she's gotten a lot more comfortable and rambunctious since she's been here. LOL
wink.gif
And she's a big mush! Loves belly rubs and sleeping in bed with mom. But she's also nutty - and will pounce and attack anything (Including the strap from my camera!) lol :icon_love

glad the kiitie is doing well,she so cute,i wish cats stayed kittens,enjoy her she so sweet.

She has such a cute face :icon_love . Glad she got used to her new place fast. How are the other cats around her?

Janelle your kitten is precious! I too, may be in the Crazy Cat Lady club when I'm about 70 or so! Thanks for sharing all the pics!

she´s adorable-and I think it´s cute when little cats attack everything. they usually stop doing that when they get older. my cat is 9 years old now and he´s a lazy old man *lol*

Oh she's quite the feisty one! lol Today especially! She's bouncing off the walls - running around like she's had a pound of catnip... lol The other guys are still hissing and growling, but she has no fear & will walk right up to them ... brave little thing! lol It's weird, they'll ignore her and she'll be able to lay about 6 ft. from them without a peep, then she will get up and walk around - and they'll start with the growling... go figure.
icon_rolleyes.gif
She seems to like the black & white cat, "Moo" - she's been following him around all day and tries to sneak up on him. He was sitting on the windowsill in the living room, and she runs in there after him... and sits under the window staring up at him and looking around to try and find a way up there. LOL It's cute. I've also come to notice that she's obsessed with my MU brushes and my planner. She had her head buried in it sniffing brushes for a good 15 min. Then the foot would come out and she'd tap them... guess she thinks it's a relative w/ the bristles... LOL

it´s so cute when they´re so lively. I hope she makes friends with your other cats soon, and I know how jealous they can be when you not pay attention to them and them only.

mine doesn´t like ANY other cats, period. whenever we have cats spending the night at my dad´s practice after they had surgery and my cat happens to smell them or get into the room where they´re at he gets mad. he usually pees in the room, right in front of the cage. one time he even jumped on top of the cage, holding his bottom over the edge and peed straight inside the cage (dunno how he did that!!!)

he´s such a drama queen, but that makes him special
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle it´s so cute when they´re so lively. I hope she makes friends with your other cats soon, and I know how jealous they can be when you not pay attention to them and them only.
mine doesn´t like ANY other cats, period. whenever we have cats spending the night at my dad´s practice after they had surgery and my cat happens to smell them or get into the room where they´re at he gets mad. he usually pees in the room, right in front of the cage. one time he even jumped on top of the cage, holding his bottom over the edge and peed straight inside the cage (dunno how he did that!!!)

he´s such a drama queen, but that makes him special
smile.gif

ROFL! Luckily mine haven't gotten that pissed yet! (literally! lol)
icon_eek.gif

Latest posts

Back