Quantcast

my (not very impressive) MAC haul

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
damn, a friend of mine ows me 30 euros and she was supposed to give them to me today, but she forgot. I could have bought TWO more e/s for that money *grr*

so I just got Pink Papillon and Plum from Madame B and the 219 brush (I´ve never had a brush to do my crease..so that was more than necessary)

it just bothers me that all that stuff is so expensive, and I just have to get at least 2 things from every collection there is. MAC is so addictive. my dad is gonna be pissed I spent so much of HIS money lately ( he pays for everything while I´m still in school). but I don´t think he knows what MAC is, so hopefully he won´t find out about my makeup-addiction

Reaction score
Nice Arielle! Anything from MAC is a good haul!

I need to try some of their brushes too...

Reaction score
I just tried out both colors, I LOVE Pink Papillon, it looks very vibrant on me.

but I don´t know about the Plum e/s...it´s supposed to be Frost too, but it looks very matte to me. and it doesn´t show up enough on my lids, I have to brush on a LOT to make it visible. any ideas on what I could use under plum to make it more vibrant...maybe MAC paint? (never bought one of those)

Jen

Reaction score
I bet you had fun at the MAC counter Arielle! I always do. I don't know anything about the plum but I'd follow Trisha's advice on it.

Reaction score
I guess I´ll have to go back and get some kind of base for my Plum e/s. My favorite MAC-MA is soo nice. whenever I go there to get something (mostly e/s..I rarely buy something else) she always puts concealer,powder and blush on me too. I never ask her to do that b/c they are usually pretty busy, but she still takes her time for me even if I just end up getting only one thing. (which rarely happens though
)

at another MAC counter (not in Austria) I asked the MA for some suggestions on a new eye-look, and I bought a couple of things. but when I asked her for some concealer to cover up a huuuge zit that had miraculously appeared that day she said no, because she was only asked to do eye-make-up.

but I guess overall MAC has an excellent costumer service! Another reason why I love going there

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arielle any ideas on what I could use under plum to make it more vibrant...maybe MAC paint? (never bought one of those) Ooh ooh me! I have a suggesion. I pulled out MAC Mauvism paint from my stash today. Hadn't used it in a while & i'm LOVING it again. I think it would go great under plum. Check out my FOTD for today coz i wore Mauvism as a base!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arielle I guess I´ll have to go back and get some kind of base for my Plum e/s. My favorite MAC-MA is soo nice. whenever I go there to get something (mostly e/s..I rarely buy something else) she always puts concealer,powder and blush on me too. I never ask her to do that b/c they are usually pretty busy, but she still takes her time for me even if I just end up getting only one thing. (which rarely happens though
)
at another MAC counter (not in Austria) I asked the MA for some suggestions on a new eye-look, and I bought a couple of things. but when I asked her for some concealer to cover up a huuuge zit that had miraculously appeared that day she said no, because she was only asked to do eye-make-up.

but I guess overall MAC has an excellent costumer service! Another reason why I love going there

I'm really liking the way my Cream Color Base (in Hush) makes the shadows show up more... honestly on me, I think it's better than the paint I have (in Untitled) maybe because of my skin tone... I don't know - but the colors seem to stand out more w/o having to really pack it on there.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arielle damn, a friend of mine ows me 30 euros and she was supposed to give them to me today, but she forgot. I could have bought TWO more e/s for that money *grr*
so I just got Pink Papillon and Plum from Madame B and the 219 brush (I´ve never had a brush to do my crease..so that was more than necessary)

it just bothers me that all that stuff is so expensive, and I just have to get at least 2 things from every collection there is. MAC is so addictive. my dad is gonna be pissed I spent so much of HIS money lately ( he pays for everything while I´m still in school). but I don´t think he knows what MAC is, so hopefully he won´t find out about my makeup-addiction

Nice haul! I love Plum e/s. I am actually wearing that today with Metamorph. If your dad asks, tell him MAC is the MAC Apple store and you needed something for your computer. hee hee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mariposa Nice haul! I love Plum e/s. I am actually wearing that today with Metamorph. If your dad asks, tell him MAC is the MAC Apple store and you needed something for your computer. hee hee
*hehe*...I actually already thought of that. but he knows a little more about computers than he knows about makeup.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arielle *hehe*...I actually already thought of that. but he knows a little more about computers than he knows about makeup.
Thats too bad! It was worth a try.

Latest posts