my (not very impressive) MAC haul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
damn, a friend of mine ows me 30 euros and she was supposed to give them to me today, but she forgot. I could have bought TWO more e/s for that money *grr*

so I just got Pink Papillon and Plum from Madame B and the 219 brush (I´ve never had a brush to do my crease..so that was more than necessary)

it just bothers me that all that stuff is so expensive, and I just have to get at least 2 things from every collection there is. MAC is so addictive. my dad is gonna be pissed I spent so much of HIS money lately ( he pays for everything while I´m still in school). but I don´t think he knows what MAC is, so hopefully he won´t find out about my makeup-addiction
wink.gif

Nice Arielle! Anything from MAC is a good haul!
wink.gif

I need to try some of their brushes too...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I just tried out both colors, I LOVE Pink Papillon, it looks very vibrant on me.

but I don´t know about the Plum e/s...it´s supposed to be Frost too, but it looks very matte to me. and it doesn´t show up enough on my lids, I have to brush on a LOT to make it visible. any ideas on what I could use under plum to make it more vibrant...maybe MAC paint? (never bought one of those)

I bet you had fun at the MAC counter Arielle! I always do. I don't know anything about the plum but I'd follow Trisha's advice on it.

I guess I´ll have to go back and get some kind of base for my Plum e/s. My favorite MAC-MA is soo nice. whenever I go there to get something (mostly e/s..I rarely buy something else) she always puts concealer,powder and blush on me too. I never ask her to do that b/c they are usually pretty busy, but she still takes her time for me even if I just end up getting only one thing. (which rarely happens though
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

at another MAC counter (not in Austria) I asked the MA for some suggestions on a new eye-look, and I bought a couple of things. but when I asked her for some concealer to cover up a huuuge zit that had miraculously appeared that day she said no, because she was only asked to do eye-make-up.

but I guess overall MAC has an excellent costumer service! Another reason why I love going there

Originally Posted by Arielle any ideas on what I could use under plum to make it more vibrant...maybe MAC paint? (never bought one of those) Ooh ooh me! I have a suggesion. I pulled out MAC Mauvism paint from my stash today. Hadn't used it in a while & i'm LOVING it again. I think it would go great under plum. Check out my FOTD for today coz i wore Mauvism as a base!

Originally Posted by Arielle I guess I´ll have to go back and get some kind of base for my Plum e/s. My favorite MAC-MA is soo nice. whenever I go there to get something (mostly e/s..I rarely buy something else) she always puts concealer,powder and blush on me too. I never ask her to do that b/c they are usually pretty busy, but she still takes her time for me even if I just end up getting only one thing. (which rarely happens though
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)
at another MAC counter (not in Austria) I asked the MA for some suggestions on a new eye-look, and I bought a couple of things. but when I asked her for some concealer to cover up a huuuge zit that had miraculously appeared that day she said no, because she was only asked to do eye-make-up.

but I guess overall MAC has an excellent costumer service! Another reason why I love going there

I'm really liking the way my Cream Color Base (in Hush) makes the shadows show up more... honestly on me, I think it's better than the paint I have (in Untitled) maybe because of my skin tone... I don't know - but the colors seem to stand out more w/o having to really pack it on there.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle damn, a friend of mine ows me 30 euros and she was supposed to give them to me today, but she forgot. I could have bought TWO more e/s for that money *grr*
so I just got Pink Papillon and Plum from Madame B and the 219 brush (I´ve never had a brush to do my crease..so that was more than necessary)

it just bothers me that all that stuff is so expensive, and I just have to get at least 2 things from every collection there is. MAC is so addictive. my dad is gonna be pissed I spent so much of HIS money lately ( he pays for everything while I´m still in school). but I don´t think he knows what MAC is, so hopefully he won´t find out about my makeup-addiction
wink.gif

Nice haul! I love Plum e/s. I am actually wearing that today with Metamorph. If your dad asks, tell him MAC is the MAC Apple store and you needed something for your computer. hee hee
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mariposa Nice haul! I love Plum e/s. I am actually wearing that today with Metamorph. If your dad asks, tell him MAC is the MAC Apple store and you needed something for your computer. hee hee
icon_rolleyes.gif
*hehe*...I actually already thought of that. but he knows a little more about computers than he knows about makeup.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Arielle *hehe*...I actually already thought of that. but he knows a little more about computers than he knows about makeup.
tongue.gif
Thats too bad! It was worth a try.

Latest posts

Back