Quantcast

My Sephora, MAC, TF haul...

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
1
I did a search to see if any of my favorite makeup counters are in the area that I'm moving to and guess what? THEY ARE NOT!!!
So I decided to head over to Nordies and Sephora to make one last haul and to tell my wonderful SA/friends good-bye. I got a bunch of stuff. Best of all, the TF SA had been calling around to other stores to find a palette that I really wanted. She called me early this morning to tell me that when I came in later today (she KNEW I'd be there) that she'd give me the palette as a GWP due to it was being discontinued. Woo Hoo!!! So of course I hurried to the store and here's what I got:

Nordies:

MAC Golden Kitty/Primpin blush duo

MAC Blue Peep fluidliner

MAC Bronze CCB

MAC Cha-Ching l/s (texture line)

MAC Frosti l/s (texture line)

TF Diamond Gloss - Chocolate (this is SO pretty!!)

TF Lovey Dovey e/s duo

TF Caribbean in a Compact bronzer (like I really need another bronzer
)

TF The Beach Bunny (The Quickie Chronicles - this is a palette which has a bronzer, 3 e/s, 4 l/g and a brush)

TF GWP - The Fashion Slave palette and a TF black handbag

Tony & Tina Herbal Char'kohl pencil (this is used as a shadow or a liner)

Sephora:

Coconut Nectar whipped body lotion

Urban Decay e/s - Mildew

Urban Decay cream e/s - Purple Haze

Sephora chubby e/l - Gold

In the mail I got a CCB in Shell... IT WAS SO GROSS!!! It was supposedly 'barely used', but there is a VERY obvious dip in the center and it looks like the person took her finger and tried to clean it.... the fingerprint is what tipped me off.
I'm gonna email her and tell her she can have that piece of sh*t back. AARRGGHHHHHHH!!! That ticked me off big time!!!

Anyway, I've attached pics of my 'good' haul!! I guess its mail order for me once I move to Bradenton!







 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
OMG AWESOME mega-haul Tracey! I'll give you this one b/c you'll be moving & far from counters, but I'll be watching you sister!


Sorry to hear about the funky swap & hope you can work it out.

~HUGS~

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
nice haul!

they don't have a mac at your new area? MACs are freaking everywhere


 
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
1
Yeah, I guess I can get away with this one!! I absolutely love the stuff I got (except for the CCB, of course), but how much can one woman wear in a lifetime?
Oh well, I cant resist pretty colors. I've wanted UD Mildew for ages. After I'm done packing, I'm gonna play with it a bit!!


Originally Posted by keaLoha OMG AWESOME mega-haul Tracey! I'll give you this one b/c you'll be moving & far from counters, but I'll be watching you sister!

Sorry to hear about the funky swap & hope you can work it out.

~HUGS~

 
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
1
Gosh I would LOVE to be wrong on this one!! I did a search on the MAC site for stores close to my new zip code and the closest counter is not that close.
I also searched for a Nordies and was out of luck there too.
BUT....there's a Nordies about 40 to 45 minutes away. That's not too terribly bad, but closer would be nice!!


When I was at Sephora, I was speaking to the manager about my move (I use to work for her) and she told me that there will be a Sephora opening in Tampa in August!! That was great news!!!


Originally Posted by lizzyb831 nice haul!
they don't have a mac at your new area? MACs are freaking everywhere


 
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
1,631
Reaction score
0
Tracey, did you try Macy's? They might have a mini-counter in or near your new hometown.
 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Dayum Tracy! What a nice haul. If you keep shopping at this rate, no one will be able to catch up to you!


 
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
1
I didnt try that, but I'm gonna be on the prowl once I get settled. A girl needs her mu counters!!! Right now, I have no idea what stores are available to me. I just hope there's some good shopping there. ::crossing fingers::


Originally Posted by keaLoha Tracey, did you try Macy's? They might have a mini-counter in or near your new hometown.
 
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
1
I know!! Didn't I do well?!! I'm so happy with today's haul!! However, I just found out that I duplicated something that I already have. I bought the Bronze CCB and I have it.
Now I've gotta go to Nordies tomorrow to return it. I hope I dont buy something else!!


Originally Posted by Marisol Dayum Tracy! What a nice haul. If you keep shopping at this rate, no one will be able to catch up to you!
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I know!! Didn't I do well?!! I'm so happy with today's haul!! However, I just found out that I duplicated something that I already have. I bought the Bronze CCB and I have it.
Now I've gotta go to Nordies tomorrow to return it. I hope I dont buy something else!!
Exchange!!!

nice haul kiddo! I'm proud of you!!!


 
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
1
yeah, as weak as I am when it comes to MAC (or makeup in general) if I go to return it and see something pretty staring me in the face you KNOW I'm gonna buy it!!!


Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Exchange!!!

nice haul kiddo! I'm proud of you!!!


 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Never2muchMU yeah, as weak as I am when it comes to MAC (or makeup in general) if I go to return it and see something pretty staring me in the face you KNOW I'm gonna buy it!!!
I just got the CCB in Dusk - it's really pretty (almost like a pewter-brown) and looks so good on! I think I might actually start using it alone! LOL

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
ps... here's a pic of it... looks darker in the pot than it does on - goes on like a dark champagne... lovin' it!




 
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
1
Do you wear UDPP under the CCBs? I totally love the CCBs, but because of the crease factor, I dont wear them as much as I'd like. I've tried w/UD PP, but they still crease after about 5 or 6 hours. I'd like to try them w/paints, but I think that might be overkill. I've gotta find a way to wear them more since I've collected so many of them.

Did you read about the other one I got today - Shell? It was so gross looking!! I may throw it out cuz the color just isnt for me anyway.


Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I just got the CCB in Dusk - it's really pretty (almost like a pewter-brown) and looks so good on! I think I might actually start using it alone! LOL
 
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
1
AWWW!! Janelle you cant be showing me stuff like that!! HELLO?? I'm the one that will run to the store and buy it immediately! I'm trying to hold off until I get settled!! Today's haul was supposed to be my last until I get to Florida!!


(that is a BEAUTIFUL color, though!! I really like it!)


Originally Posted by NYAngel98 ps... here's a pic of it... looks darker in the pot than it does on - goes on like a dark champagne... lovin' it!
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Do you wear UDPP under the CCBs? I totally love the CCBs, but because of the crease factor, I dont wear them as much as I'd like. I've tried w/UD PP, but they still crease after about 5 or 6 hours. I'd like to try them w/paints, but I think that might be overkill. I've gotta find a way to wear them more since I've collected so many of them.
Did you read about the other one I got today - Shell? It was so gross looking!! I may throw it out cuz the color just isnt for me anyway.


Yeah, that sucks... can you clean it at all? Make it somewhat salvagable? The CCB's are too nice to toss!
But if u dont like it... then you shouldn't keep it... As far as the CCB's I was using the UDPP, but since It pretty much ran out on me - I got the Ultima II shadow base - and I only use a light amt. of the CCB where I'm going to put shadow over it... just enough to make the e/s stand out. if I'm using it elsewhere, It usually won't crease (b/c it's not on the lid) I find that if you use it under shadow... use only a little by the crease. (& load up on the primer!)

 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Never2muchMU AWWW!! Janelle you cant be showing me stuff like that!! HELLO?? I'm the one that will run to the store and buy it immediately! I'm trying to hold off until I get settled!! Today's haul was supposed to be my last until I get to Florida!!
(that is a BEAUTIFUL color, though!! I really like it!)


You should check it out when you return the bronze... if you like it - exchange it

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
28,176
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah, that sucks... can you clean it at all? Make it somewhat salvagable? The CCB's are too nice to toss!
But if u dont like it... then you shouldn't keep it... As far as the CCB's I was using the UDPP, but since It pretty much ran out on me - I got the Ultima II shadow base - and I only use a light amt. of the CCB where I'm going to put shadow over it... just enough to make the e/s stand out. if I'm using it elsewhere, It usually won't crease (b/c it's not on the lid) I find that if you use it under shadow... use only a little by the crease. (& load up on the primer!)
Janelle - Just wanted to let you know that I have had my UDPP for about 3 weeks now and it doesn't look like it is running out of the product any time soon. I think that maybe you got a bad one. Just thought you would like to know.
 
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
10,844
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Marisol Janelle - Just wanted to let you know that I have had my UDPP for about 3 weeks now and it doesn't look like it is running out of the product any time soon. I think that maybe you got a bad one. Just thought you would like to know. Story of my life!!!
LOL I asked the girl at ulta... and she said I could exchange it if I had the receipt... which of course I can't find!!
I have receipts for everything - even a friggin snocone back in 1987, but I can never find the one I need!!!

 
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,280
Reaction score
1
Yeah, I'm sure it can be salvaged. Its just that the girl said it was 'lightly' used and then when I get it, there's a VERY obvious dip in it and she didnt clean it well. Lying makes me MAD!!


I'm gonna try your suggestion for the CCBs. If I can find someway to minimize the creasing then maybe I'll be able to wear them to work. Right now, I mainly use them on weekends and/or when I go out. There's no way they'll last during an entire work day.


**crossing fingers for your suggestion to work**

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah, that sucks... can you clean it at all? Make it somewhat salvagable? The CCB's are too nice to toss!
But if u dont like it... then you shouldn't keep it... As far as the CCB's I was using the UDPP, but since It pretty much ran out on me - I got the Ultima II shadow base - and I only use a light amt. of the CCB where I'm going to put shadow over it... just enough to make the e/s stand out. if I'm using it elsewhere, It usually won't crease (b/c it's not on the lid) I find that if you use it under shadow... use only a little by the crease. (& load up on the primer!)
 

Latest posts

Top