My SF Makeup Haul/Adventure

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
(Long story
icon_redface.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)

Whew! I did a LOT of walking and a lot of spending on Friday!

Sephora:

-Stila shadows:

-Twig

-Pewter

-Casis

- Ray

-Golightly

-Diamond Lil

-NARS Orgasm lip gloss

-UD Primer potion

-2 Sephora brushes (not pictured)

-bought my sister a Bvlgari perfume

MAC Pro Store:

-Dark teal e/s

-rose e/s

-swimming e/s

-saddle e/s

-Femme Noir e/s (all pans)

-the brown lip gelle

-187 skunk brush

-246 brush ($15 !! brushes are usually like $20 something!)

Nordstroms NEXT at MAC event:

-100 face wipes

-Fix+ spray

-222 brush

-239 brush

Saks:

-Georgio Armani foundation in #6.5

Nemian Marcus:

-Chantecaille foundation in Shea

I met up with my sis and her kids and went shopping around Union Square. Went to a bunch of shops. Then we walked over to China Town to have lunch. I was actually surprised that I wasn't tired from walking! lol!

After lunch I had my sis take some of my bags cause she had to leave and I wanted to walk around and not carry any bags.

I knew the address to the MAC Pro store, (1833 Union St.) and it looked like the street it wasn't too far and was like, "OK, I can try this." So I get to Union St. and I'm at the 500 block!! So I try walking down the street and get to the 800 block. The hills start and I think I make it up 2. I'm freaking tired and my shoes are hurting, so I finaly hail a cab, which I've NEVER done before. So I was kind of scared
icon_redface.gif
. God, I never would have made it to the store with all the hills and how much walking I had left. lol.

I get there, and I thought it was going to be this big store with all of this stuff. It looked alright. It was cute though.

I was worried about getting abck to Union Square and it took FOREVER for me to get a cab. There either wasn't any or people were taking the ones that did come.
icon_confused.gif
I finally found one and made it back to Union Square. And went to Saks.

My sister was blowing up my phone. But I was at the Armani counter, so I couldn't answer it. When I finally finish, she calls me back and tells me that she lost the bags that I bought!!!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
It was like $200 something worth of makeup!!!! She left it at the counter of the parking garage when she was paying for the garage ticket. I had to go back there and get it. Thank god it wasn't stolen or something.

Then later that night I went back to the big Nordstrom's store and went to the Next at MAC seminar thing. That was fun. Got to learn about some new stuff and got that free gift with the MAC can and notepad thing. That's where I got the 222 and 239 brush and the wipes and fix+ spray.

Finally left at night. Then stopped at a CCO on the way back home today and picked up 109, 216. 231, and 236 brushes for a total of around $50.

whew. thanks for reading this if you did! lol!!!

oooooooooo
smile.gif
sounds VONDERFUL! i have nars orgasm and i LOVE! it. wonderful stuff
smile.gif

I'm laughing because I can totally picture myself going through all of that too. I've never hailed a cab either, and I definitely would have been afraid!

And jeez girl, you spent lots of money!

Originally Posted by Liz (Long story
icon_redface.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
)
Whew! I did a LOT of walking and a lot of spending on Friday!

Sephora:

-Stila shadows:

-Twig

-Pewter

-Casis

- Ray

-Golightly

-Diamond Lil

-NARS Orgasm lip gloss

-UD Primer potion

-2 Sephora brushes (not pictured)

-bought my sister a Bvlgari perfume

MAC Pro Store:

-Dark teal e/s

-rose e/s

-swimming e/s

-saddle e/s

-Femme Noir e/s (all pans)

-the brown lip gelle

-187 skunk brush

-246 brush ($15 !! brushes are usually like $20 something!)

Nordstroms NEXT at MAC event:

-100 face wipes

-Fix+ spray

-222 brush

-239 brush

Saks:

-Georgio Armani foundation in #6.5

Nemian Marcus:

-Chantecaille foundation in Shea

I met up with my sis and her kids and went shopping around Union Square. Went to a bunch of shops. Then we walked over to China Town to have lunch. I was actually surprised that I wasn't tired from walking! lol!

After lunch I had my sis take some of my bags cause she had to leave and I wanted to walk around and not carry any bags.

I knew the address to the MAC Pro store, (1833 Union St.) and it looked like the street it wasn't too far and was like, "OK, I can try this." So I get to Union St. and I'm at the 500 block!! So I try walking down the street and get to the 800 block. The hills start and I think I make it up 2. I'm freaking tired and my shoes are hurting, so I finaly hail a cab, which I've NEVER done before. So I was kind of scared
icon_redface.gif
. God, I never would have made it to the store with all the hills and how much walking I had left. lol.

I get there, and I thought it was going to be this big store with all of this stuff. It looked alright. It was cute though.

I was worried about getting abck to Union Square and it took FOREVER for me to get a cab. There either wasn't any or people were taking the ones that did come.
icon_confused.gif
I finally found one and made it back to Union Square. And went to Saks.

My sister was blowing up my phone. But I was at the Armani counter, so I couldn't answer it. When I finally finish, she calls me back and tells me that she lost the bags that I bought!!!!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
It was like $200 something worth of makeup!!!! She left it at the counter of the parking garage when she was paying for the garage ticket. I had to go back there and get it. Thank god it wasn't stolen or something.

Then later that night I went back to the big Nordstrom's store and went to the Next at MAC seminar thing. That was fun. Got to learn about some new stuff and got that free gift with the MAC can and notepad thing. That's where I got the 222 and 239 brush and the wipes and fix+ spray.

Finally left at night. Then stopped at a CCO on the way back home today and picked up 109, 216. 231, and 236 brushes for a total of around $50.

whew. thanks for reading this if you did! lol!!!

WOW That is a lot of stuff!!
icon_eek.gif

I'm actually kinda jealous https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_cry.gif

Enjoy your stuff and I'm glad you found your bags I would have fainted !!

Originally Posted by Trisha awesome haul Liz
claps.gif
, your 8 pan and 2 e/s are on the way to you!!
We are the exact same colour in Chantecaille & Armani, freaky!! x
icon_razz.gif

lol! really?! i thought you were darker than me for some reason. i was almost a #8 in the armani stuff. but i would have to tan a little bit more. hehe

Oops I replied under Tony's name when I was using his computer. Here was my reply:

Wow!!! What an awesome haul!!! My heart sank when I read that the bags were lost but luckily you got them back.

Sounds like you had a fun time and what a nice haul you got there. You are a brave woman trying to attempt to walk in the hills of San Francisco. What time were you around the MAC PRO store? I was there at 6:30ish.

Awesome haul!! I am wanting to try the chantecaille foundation. Ever since trish said how nice is was in one of her posts. I'm in the Sac area, do you know if SF is the closest location? Let us know how you like it.
icon_biggrin.gif

~jennifer

Originally Posted by Trisha i am darker but in a different way, what with me being mixed race. 7.0 would have been a match in GA but it was too pinky. Then again Janelle uses the same shades i would use in MAC and she looks a lot darker than me.
I guess its just cos there are only so many fndt shades and millions of skintones, unless you have a fndt custom made, its just finding the best match not an exact one! x

yeah. i get ya. i'm a tad dark because i've been tanning too. lol.

Originally Posted by Marisol Sounds like you had a fun time and what a nice haul you got there. You are a brave woman trying to attempt to walk in the hills of San Francisco. What time were you around the MAC PRO store? I was there at 6:30ish. i was there around 3 or so. i went to nordstroms to go to their mac event at 6 though.

Originally Posted by lovesboxers Awesome haul!! I am wanting to try the chantecaille foundation. Ever since trish said how nice is was in one of her posts. I'm in the Sac area, do you know if SF is the closest location? Let us know how you like it.
icon_biggrin.gif

~jennifer

i think they only sell it at neiman marcus. so wherever the closest neiman's it, they might have it.

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Oops I replied under Tony's name when I was using his computer. Here was my reply:
Wow!!! What an awesome haul!!! My heart sank when I read that the bags were lost but luckily you got them back.

lol. yeah. i was like "what?!" at first, but then i wasn't too mad. i knew how bad she felt about it. i just didn't want either of us to be out money because she would have bought the stuff again.

Originally Posted by Liz

yeah. i get ya. i'm a tad dark because i've been tanning too. lol.

I am pretty much african american right now with my TAN. I can tan dark in less than one day
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I am pretty much african american right now with my TAN. I can tan dark in less than one day
smile.gif
Wow! Let's see a pic! You must be such a contrast to Reija. I'm so jealous of ppl who get so dark
icon_sad.gif

ok, here is a pic from tonight. Excuse the blurriness, Cameron (who is 4) took the pic.

Originally Posted by spazbaby

Wow! Let's see a pic! You must be such a contrast to Reija. I'm so jealous of ppl who get so dark
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) ok, here is a pic from tonight. Excuse the blurriness, Cameron (who is 4) took the pic. The only way I'd ever get to look like that is if I retire early, move south, and tan 24/7 for about 15 years. Then I'd be covered in enough freckles that it'd look like a tan.

Day-um!!! I'm shocked over here! Part of that HUGE haul
claps.gif
(which I'm drooling over BTW)
wink.gif
and T-man's tan!! love the white sandal mark on the foot
wink.gif
lol Cammy takes some good pics for a 4 year old!! Better than mine!
icon_redface.gif

I would've freaked out if that were me, Liz!! I would've literally RAN to that garage & bugged out on whoever came into my line of fire first! LOL
wink.gif

Those are awesome colors you got! And acutally I'm a "Shea" also - well judging from the sample Trisha gave us... it matched pretty well
wink.gif
But I'm only dark in summer - unless I go tanning... otherwise I think I'm pretty light
icon_wink.gif

I am also a fan of both Giorgio armani foundation and chantecaille because of this site! I own them both (in much lighter shades might I add). Now I would like to expand my stila shadow collection like you. Beautiful haul!! Nice job!!
claps.gif

Nice haul Liz, love everything you got :icon_love

I am liking GA luminous silk and hyperglow fdtn but the samples I got are are still a bit dark for me. The SA sent me #4.0 even though I told her that I am very very very light. They will match my skin after my vacation by the beach
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Goodness Tony!!! You weren't kidding!!!
icon_eek.gif
My hubby gets tanned pretty well when he is fishing
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Day-um!!! I'm shocked over here! Part of that HUGE haul
claps.gif
(which I'm drooling over BTW)
wink.gif
and T-man's tan!! love the white sandal mark on the foot
wink.gif
lol Cammy takes some good pics for a 4 year old!! Better than mine!
icon_redface.gif

I would've freaked out if that were me, Liz!! I would've literally RAN to that garage & bugged out on whoever came into my line of fire first! LOL
wink.gif

Those are awesome colors you got! And acutally I'm a "Shea" also - well judging from the sample Trisha gave us... it matched pretty well
wink.gif
But I'm only dark in summer - unless I go tanning... otherwise I think I'm pretty light
icon_wink.gif

i didn't yell at anyone. it was inside with the people and they asked my sister a bunch of questions when she called asking them if they saw it. they wanted to see if it was really our stuff. and when i went to pick it up, they just asked me what was in it, and i only said makeup from sephora and neiman marcus. they didn't grill me about anything, just handed it over.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back