My special potato salad

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going to a friend's for Memorial Day and they asked me to make this potato salad that I made for a BBQ at my place before. It's different, but most people who like spicy love this. I suppose you could tone it down so it's not hot, but I wouldn't make it any other way
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oh, and I'm not much of a measuring gal so this is all just guesstimates.

1 small whole chicken(you can use parts if you like)

3 cloves of garlic-unpeeled

2T of apple cider vinegar

6lbs of potatoes cut into quarters(whatever kind you like-I use small red or white potatoes)

3 lbs of apples peeled and cut(I like Gala or Pink Lady for this)

2 cans of crisp summer sweet corn drained

3 cups of mayo

3T of ground mustard

a handful each of fresh dill and tarragon finely chopped

2T of cayenne pepper

2T of black pepper

2T of white pepper

salt to taste

Place the chicken and garlic in a large dutch oven(or any pot big enough to hold it)

Add enough water to cover the chicken and add vinegar.

Bring to a boil then cover and boil for another 10-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.

Drain and let cool. Peel and set aside garlic.

While chicken is cooking, place potatoes in a large stock pot(or any pot big enough)and cover with water. I don't peel the potatoes, but if you use larger ones like russets-you need to.

Bring to a boil and boil for about 5-10 min or until a fork can pass through-make sure not to over boil or potatoes will fall apart.

Drain and run under cold water so potatoes don't cook anymore.

In a large bowl add potatoes, apples, and corn.

Once chicken is cool, shred meat into pieces and add to bowl with potatoes.

I always add a bit of salt to the bowl at this point to season a little.

In a smaller bowl combine the rest of the ingredients with the garlic and mix completely.

Add mayo mix to potatoes.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

*Sometimes I add cut pineapple to this also
icon_cheesygrin.gif

OMG, Envy, this sounds so good to me! I bet that makes up a large amount. Thanks for sharing your special recipe.
icon_biggrin.gif

Envy u have make me hungry....yum yum yummmyy
icon_cheesygrin.gif
thanks i would tell my mom to try it...LOL i don't cook that's why:icon_love

ooooo sounds yummy,i love the apples in my potato salad, and my husband loves spicey food.Thanks for the recipe.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jen OMG, Envy, this sounds so good to me! I bet that makes up a large amount. Thanks for sharing your special recipe.
icon_biggrin.gif
Yeah, it makes a huge amount...I only make it for parties and large get togethers, so you can always cut back on the amount. I never make it just for home cuz I'm not big on potatoes anymore.

Sounds delish-I am going to make it for a Memrial day party I'm having!

Latest posts

Back