My Very First Visit To Ulta !

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My husband & I were driving on the highway yesterday and I spotted a mall on the right and saw the words "Ulta" - I yelled at him - "MAKE A RIGHT !! GO TO THE RIGHT!!!"
icon_eek.gif

I was so darn excited, because I've never been inside one.
icon_redface.gif

I ended up coming out of that store with a brand new blow dryer ($19.99) an Ulta shadow in "summer" ($6.50) and another eyeshadow by a brand that used to be or is sold in Bloomingdales in "champagne frost" $12.50 - (forgot what the salesperson said). Then I bought the Oil of Olay Quench lotion (similar to the Jergens Moisturizing Glow) $6.99 - the one that gives you a gradual subtle tan. PLUS I got 20% off everything because the salesgirl gave me a coupon. They were all so nice in that store.

Now I can't wait to go back !
icon_cheesygrin.gif
We were kind of in a hurry so I shopped really fast and didn't really have a chance to linger but I really like this store! It's like Sephora but lower priced it seems and they have all kinds of beauty supplies.

But then, all of you probably know this already - I'm a late bloomer to Ulta stores.
icon_redface.gif

I often wondered it Ulta was like a Sephora. I need to go to this store and soon! I just found out there is one like an hour from my house so it might be worth the trip.

Glad that you were able to find some goodies.

Liz - here is the link for the CA locations.

http://ulta.com/control/california

Originally Posted by Marisol I often wondered it Ulta was like a Sephora. I need to go to this store and soon! I just found out there is one like an hour from my house so it might be worth the trip.
Glad that you were able to find some goodies.

Liz - here is the link for the CA locations.

http://ulta.com/control/california

frown.gif
there isn't one near me at all!

Originally Posted by Amethyst My husband & I were driving on the highway yesterday and I spotted a mall on the right and saw the words "Ulta" - I yelled at him - "MAKE A RIGHT !! GO TO THE RIGHT!!!"
icon_eek.gif

I was so darn excited, because I've never been inside one.
icon_redface.gif

I ended up coming out of that store with a brand new blow dryer ($19.99) an Ulta shadow in "summer" ($6.50) and another eyeshadow by a brand that used to be or is sold in Bloomingdales in "champagne frost" $12.50 - (forgot what the salesperson said). Then I bought the Oil of Olay Quench lotion (similar to the Jergens Moisturizing Glow) $6.99 - the one that gives you a gradual subtle tan. PLUS I got 20% off everything because the salesgirl gave me a coupon. They were all so nice in that store.

Now I can't wait to go back !
icon_cheesygrin.gif
We were kind of in a hurry so I shopped really fast and didn't really have a chance to linger but I really like this store! It's like Sephora but lower priced it seems and they have all kinds of beauty supplies.

But then, all of you probably know this already - I'm a late bloomer to Ulta stores.
icon_redface.gif

and the addiction begins loli love ulta too. they keep getting more and more good brands. Vincent longo and lola are recent additions to their high end brands.

I tell ya, I can't WAIT to go back and take my time looking at everything and sampling EVERYTHING !!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Wonder why I never discovered this great store earlier.

Originally Posted by Amethyst I tell ya, I can't WAIT to go back and take my time looking at everything and sampling EVERYTHING !!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Wonder why I never discovered this great store earlier. if you haven't already sign up for the rewards card
smile.gif

Welcome to the wonderful world of Ulta!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
It's my favorite store! Luckily I have one 5 min. away, and if they're out of something, the next closest is about 15 min. away. So I pretty much buy everything there (except MAC) but I guess thats good and bad becuse my reawrd cert. this quarter got me $45 off a $62.00 perfume - but to get that level of a reward it means you spent $300 in the last 3 months or so.... WOAH!
icon_eek.gif

I love Ulta too! My first visit there was very exciting too. Now I'm trying to stay away so I don't do too much damage to my wallet.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Nobody at Ulta told me about a rewards card !
icon_eek.gif
icon_sad.gif
That settles it - I must return there next weekend.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm going to post a review on the Ulta eye shadow "summer". I used it today and I love it. This is the color I've been searching for (similar to "Golden Lynx" - a color that Clinique discontinued).

Originally Posted by Amethyst Nobody at Ulta told me about a rewards card !
icon_eek.gif
icon_sad.gif
That settles it - I must return there next weekend.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I'm going to post a review on the Ulta eye shadow "summer". I used it today and I love it. This is the color I've been searching for (similar to "Golden Lynx" - a color that Clinique discontinued).

Oh yeah... you NEED The card! Use it everytime you shop when you checkout - and that will automatically get you the mailings (with coupons) and I believe 3 or 4 times a year you get a Reward Certificate. For every $50 you spend, you get a level ($50 Level 1, $100 Level 2, $150 Level 3 etc.etc.) then when you get the certificate in the mail - it will tell you your level - take it to the store, and grab a reward list (they usually have a stack by the register) and it will tell you what you can get free for your level and you can pick one thing from that list. You get a bunch of stuff to pick from. But if you get higher than a Level 1 - you can mix & match stuff from lower levels... for instance - if you have a level 4... You can get one thing from level 4's list... OR ... 4 things from Level 1... OR ... 2 things from Level 2.... OR ... 1 thing from Level 3 & 1 thing from Level 1 etc.etc.. any combo that makes up your level. This time I was a level 6 (ouch! LOL) But I just used one thing from level 6 - which was "Any fragrance up to $45"... I got a perfume for $62.50 - so I only had to lay out $17.50. But you get the idea. It's great!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Oh yeah... you NEED The card! Use it everytime you shop when you checkout - and that will automatically get you the mailings (with coupons) and I believe 3 or 4 times a year you get a Reward Certificate. For every $50 you spend, you get a level ($50 Level 1, $100 Level 2, $150 Level 3 etc.etc.) then when you get the certificate in the mail - it will tell you your level - take it to the store, and grab a reward list (they usually have a stack by the register) and it will tell you what you can get free for your level and you can pick one thing from that list. You get a bunch of stuff to pick from. But if you get higher than a Level 1 - you can mix & match stuff from lower levels... for instance - if you have a level 4... You can get one thing from level 4's list... OR ... 4 things from Level 1... OR ... 2 things from Level 2.... OR ... 1 thing from Level 3 & 1 thing from Level 1 etc.etc.. any combo that makes up your level. This time I was a level 6 (ouch! LOL) But I just used one thing from level 6 - which was "Any fragrance up to $45"... I got a perfume for $62.50 - so I only had to lay out $17.50. But you get the idea. It's great!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
oh yea it's totally worth it if you spend alot of money. i wish MAC had this lol

Originally Posted by Anya1976 oh yea it's totally worth it if you spend alot of money. i wish MAC had this lol Oh god yeah! I'd be up there!!! Especially after my last few visits! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Oh god yeah! I'd be up there!!! Especially after my last few visits! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
mine too lol

That sounds great - thanks for the info. I'll make sure I get one at my next visit.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst That sounds great - thanks for the info. I'll make sure I get one at my next visit.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
oh yes make sure you get one!!! gotta get the mailers and the coupons lol

Ulta is the bomb, I always manage to walk out of there with a bag full of goodies. My location is getting the Sue Devitt line, but I'm not sure if any other Ulta locations are getting her line.
icon_lol.gif

Latest posts

Back