Mystery Shoppers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience as a "mystery shopper"? Scams? Legitimate organizations?

What is a Mystery shopper?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux

Does anyone have experience as a "mystery shopper"? Scams? Legitimate organizations?

I believe that they are legit. When I used to work retail, they would come in and evaluate how we served them. In my experience, they were legit and honest. I also know of other companies that would have "mystery callers," who would call and evaluate their over the phone customer service.

Sounds like a fun thing to do if you have that kind of job prospect.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Does anyone have experience as a "mystery shopper"? Scams? Legitimate organizations?

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Does anyone have experience as a "mystery shopper"? Scams? Legitimate organizations? I have had experience not being a mystery shopper but being on hand of them....that time i was working in a Winn-Dixie mine 2nd job....I have recieved 3 certificate for managing customer service perfect. I remember it was 3 in the afternoon, on saturday 2000.....it was extreamly bz....one of mystery shoppers was on mine lane...and i had to take care of him....he was asking so many questions i answered correctly and nicely...as you all know am nice...
icon_smile.gif
..so then on purposely left his some stuff on the table and left.....as I was giving him change....then i had to closed my till and ran after him to parking lot....when i found him i scream loudly as i could so he was in the car...As I was breathing hard and giving him the stuff he told me iam a mystery shopper, I was like what???
icon_eek.gif
....then I told him nice meet w/ bla bla....then i had to run over to my counter.....then the next called a meeting saying Tahmin won certificate....
icon_cheesygrin.gif
....Isn't nice....yea...

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) What is a Mystery shopper?
wink.gif
So Mystery shopper is like come over to see how the clerk, employee, cashier are doing to keep up the customer attention and motivation....
icon_lol.gif
does this answer you questions Tony??

Originally Posted by Trisha My fiance's brother does it for pubs and restaurants, if you go thru a legit Mystery Shopper/Client company then its cool, they pay the expenses etc! Thanks for the input ladies.
OT: Miss Trisha, I didn't know you are engaged! When is the wedding?
smile.gif

OoOOOoOOO me either!!!!!!!!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux

Thanks for the input ladies.
OT: Miss Trisha, I didn't know you are engaged! When is the wedding?
smile.gif

Yeah!!!! I missed that one too!!! Wasn't he just a boyfriend not too long ago!?!??! Trisha !!!! SPILL IT!!!! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I think if you google mystery shopper, there's a list of legit websites available. I saw something in a magazine recently & when I find it, I'll PM you w/the info.

I'm a Mystery Shopper for the Arcadia group in the UK & Ireland.. I only signed up because i shop in the shops that the Arcadia group own anyway so i might aswelll assess the staff & get paid €15 to do it!

Basically, i have a questionnaire & a list of things to do. I've to ask for an item in a different size & see how helpful the assistants are, comment on the dressing rooms (clean, tidy, enough space etc..), was the cashier friendly, answer any questions etc.. I do it all online, its great!!

I'd love it i was asked to be a mystery shopper for MAC or something so then i could tell them all in HQ that they're staff in Cork are nasty witches!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah!!!! I missed that one too!!! Wasn't he just a boyfriend not too long ago!?!??! Trisha !!!! SPILL IT!!!! lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif
LOL! I think Trish just calls him her boyfriend by mistake.. They've been engaged since last May. I'll let Trish explain the rest
biggrin.gif

congratulations, trisha!
smile.gif

my friends husband is a secret shopper for walmart. hes a full time wal mart employee, and he shops at the stores here in town on a rotating basis. he pretty much looks like jim morrison meets a tragic urban hipster, so shoppers never notice him. he has the authority to act as a security guard also. hes got some amusing stories.

does any know anything about mystery shoppers?

qhere they pay you to shop?

is it a scam ?

does it pay well?

please let me know thank you

Hi,

I looked into this and found that there are several sites that list good/bad mystery shopping companies. Many of them are scams
wassatt.gif
. Just google and research. Good luck!!

as far as i know mystery shoppers are well paid, though it isnt really a career if you know what i mean, more of a spare time thing. you usually need a car to get around too as they can send you all over the place.

you usually would get a checklist of things to ask, things to do and score the shop on the criteria, hth. xx

I knew we had the when I worked at Starbucks - but I don't know about the pay or anything - some can be scam, some are not.

But I know some of the real ones give you a certain amount of money (not away from your regular pay!) to buy whatever product and you get to keep it!

Good luck in your research!

i get stuff like that in my email. it seems to me that there would be a catch

i get a ton of ads for it through my school email but it doesn't seem legit 95% of the time

Latest posts

Back