Nail Art Tutorial....SWISS DOT N RIBBONS w/Pics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I am sitting in my craft room and I see a basket of swiss dot ribbon and I think...wow, what a cool nail art design that would make and so here is a tutorial for you.  This is a very easy beginner nail art, so don't be afraid to try it.

Supplies needed:

First, always put a base coat on.  I use Seche Vite Base Coat.  Then paint two coats of White...this will make the colors pop!!

Then paint a diagonal stripe of pink, then leave some space and paint a purple stripe, then a red one and then a pink.  If your nails are longer then keep painting stripes in the continued pattern, but leave enough space after the last stripe for the silver glitter polish.

Then use your silver glitter polish and fill in the stripes in between the colored stripes, like so:

After you have completed the glitter polish, grab your dotting tool and start placing dots on each of the "ribbons"....after the dots dry, put on 2 coats of top coat.  I use Seche Vite Top Coat....When completed, it will look like this:

Here it is completed on one hand:

Come back soon and see my newest nail art designs.....thanks for looking!!

Heyas Kim,

Per the TOS for MUT:

Quote: Requests to visit your website or to subscribe to you on any social media site you may have is not allowed.

If you like, you are welcome to post your video here on MUT in order to share with people. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks!

No problem!

MUT is a very large community and sharing on here will attract people to you. Once you have a few posts under your belt, you will have the opportunity to make up a signature with links to your blog and/or youtube channel. 

So settle in, get to know people and most importantly, have fun! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looks great, I love it. Do you ever have issues with that polish clumping up? I have 3 polishes of that brand that I got at Dollar Tree and it's forever clumping up on me. I'm new to nail design, is there something I'm doing wrong?

Hi Jennifer.

I don't have any problem with clumping, but if I did, I would just use nail polish thinner.  I get it at Sally Beauty supply and just a couple of drops will get it nice and smooth again.

I also recommend getting a small paint shaker.  I have one  and it is priceless.

I do Shellac and Gelac gel manicures and the paint shaker keeps the gel polish creamy and smooth.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kim

I bet that helps a lot!! My right nails always turn out sloppy looking, lol!

Originally Posted by FashionDivaKim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol....I am lucky because I am mostly ambidextrous ;o)

Lol...I know what you mean.  It all just takes practice.  Start with a beginner design and use a paint brush instead of a polish brush.  You have better control that way.  Then just clean the brush with polish remover.  :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Latest posts

Back