Nasty Blackheads

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have a secret weapon for pulling out blackheads? I have them on my nose and T zone area. Right now I have been using Epidermx Microdermabrasion Treatment 3 times a week and I do think that has pulled some of the gunk out but has anyone come across a product that does wonders for removing them? Thanks.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Lorrine24 Does anyone have a secret weapon for pulling out blackheads? I have them on my nose and T zone area. Right now I have been using Epidermx Microdermabrasion Treatment 3 times a week and I do think that has pulled some of the gunk out but has anyone come across a product that does wonders for removing them? Thanks.
icon_biggrin.gif
hi! OMG! i so know what you mean. I decided against the dermabrasion and what i do, is after a hot shower, as SOON as i get out, i paste on one of those Nose Strips from Biore'. They seem to work better after a shower then a plain face washing.

I will have to try that. I never had much luck getting much out when you using them just after washing my face.

I use just plain bentonite clay mixed with a little water to make a clay mask. It pulls everything to the surface. Even acne you didn't realize you had! Really gentle too. I buy it in bulk cheap from an herb store. Apple cider vinegar really cleared up my blackheads too, but it was a little too irritating for my skin. All the other blackhead products I've seen just seemed too expensive or too harsh for me.

Do you notice a dramatic difference after your first use of the bentonite clay or does it take some time? How about with that apple cider vinegar? What were the irritating effects of the vinegar you noticed?

I remember in highschool a friend of mine used a combo of products one night and totally got rid of her blackheads right then and there! However, she was a snot and would never tell me what it was she did. Nice friend.
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by Lorrine24 Do you notice a dramatic difference after your first use of the bentonite clay or does it take some time? How about with that apple cider vinegar? What were the irritating effects of the vinegar you noticed?
I remember in highschool a friend of mine used a combo of products one night and totally got rid of her blackheads right then and there! However, she was a snot and would never tell me what it was she did. Nice friend.
icon_evil.gif

The clay worked really really well the first time I used it. I never knew how much crap I had in my pores. I could literally see it coming to the surface. I can send you a bit of the powdered clay to try if you can't easily get to a herb store. The apple cider vinegar worked just as well and just as quickly, but it also made my skin turn red, temporarily. It went away after a few hours, but it was burning and a little scary. If you dilute it with water it is supposed to be better, but I'm hesitant to use it for anything other than spot treatment.
LOL! Nice friend! Any chance you could call her up even after all this time?

Kim:

I actually got the 40% Lactic Acid Peel pH 2.9 - New to Peeling? This one is for you! one at Makeup Artist's Choice. It didn't pull the blackheads out. I am wondering if I should try a different one then with a higher % of Acid and a lower ph? What kind of side effects did you notice when you used the peel? My skin usually is a bit red and warm but that goes away by morning. As you know I am also usuing the epidermx and I just started using the apple cider vinegar as a toner after I wash my face at nite. I made a solution of it with water ; 50/50 because full strength does sting and make the eyes water. Although my face does feel very smooth nothing has literally pulled the blackheads out. I have done the epidermx 6 times now. I wonder if it just takes some time. I have noticed improvement in my skin and I don't think the blackheads look as deep as they were. I guess I was expecting a shocking difference the first time I used everything. Arg! So, what next? Any suggestions?

i used to have alot of blackheads and one day i tried neutrogena's blackhead scrub. after just one tube of that scrub, i noticed most of my blackheads are gone (like my nose isn't so yucky anymore). i haven't went back but i'm taking a look out for them and is now using aveda tourmaline charge masque. it's great and really make my face feel clean.

Hi everyone. I haven't been here in a while. I too have a lot of blackheads on my nose and chin and they are driving me crazy. How do you use the Apple cider to get rid of your blackheads.

Thanks for your help.

I like the Aztec mask. Maybe that is what the above poster was talking about. You can get it at Whole Foods and mix it with apple cider vinegar. It is a bentonite clay mask and it works great. It isn't too expensive either. You put it on for about 15-20 minutes and rinse. It takes a bit to get all of it off. Usually I just hop in the shower. It cleans out my pores like nothing else. The full name is Aztec secret Indian Healing Clay. I use it with the Braggs acv. Good luck!

try steaming your pores for 10 mins after applying a weak solution of baking soda and water mixture. then use a clay mask on the t zone area for 10 min. once a week treatment is good. do not expect them to be gone in one treatment.

Originally Posted by Lorrine24 Does anyone have a secret weapon for pulling out blackheads? I have them on my nose and T zone area. Right now I have been using Epidermx Microdermabrasion Treatment 3 times a week and I do think that has pulled some of the gunk out but has anyone come across a product that does wonders for removing them? Thanks.
icon_biggrin.gif

ive tried almost all products to remove blackheads. but i found this routine very effective:

i use scion cleanser, toner and moisturizer.

twice a week i use bentonite clay mixed with equalp parts of acv as mask.

twice a week i use nuskin skin refinisher.

and ALL my blackheads disappeared...

For me Glycolic foaming cleanser from MB and ACV toner works wonder for blackheads.

Kim, you know this glycolic acid thing.. I never heard of it before MuT and i'm really curious to try some. Do i go to a health store or what to find it? Do i just ask for glycolic acid or is ther a product that has it? I so.. wanna get rid of the blackheads on my nose for Xmas!

I use Queen Helene Mint Julep masque, and it works well for me! My salicylic acid toner (Olay Clarity) has also helped a lot, in both clearing blackheads, and my pores in general! I still haven't found the perfect regimen for me though, since I still get breakouts :'(

Originally Posted by MacForMe hi! OMG! i so know what you mean. I decided against the dermabrasion and what i do, is after a hot shower, as SOON as i get out, i paste on one of those Nose Strips from Biore'. They seem to work better after a shower then a plain face washing. Yes, this really works much better.

LOL! Maybe i might wait til after Xmas so. I cant buy online from Sephora anyway coz they dont ship internationally. Thanks for the heads up though!

Latest posts

Back