Natural skin care

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm on this kick wanting to try some natural skin care like Avalon Organic Botanicals and Alba Botanica for example...Any thoughts on the skin care lines found at the natural food stores? Any recommendation on any organic skin care products? Are they better for your skin than the department store products due to all the natural ingreadients in them?

Might I suggest a chickpea flour mask?
wink.gif
I never could get a definitive answer on the effectiveness (or existence of) the chickpea flour and water mask- you go first and let us know how it is!

I think I'll pass on the chickpea mask...it doesn't sound too appealing...maybe I would force myself to try it if the benefits were good...We shall hope that someone will cough up the reasons and the way you are suppose to use a chickpea mask or we can't even try it
smile.gif

Well the alleged benefits from this chickpea thing is that it acts as a vaccuum and sucks everything out of your pores, including the oil- after a week of using the mask daily your pores are supposed to be clean and small and any blemishes you have are claimed to be healed and gone, along with any redness. I want to believe it, but I'm afraid of the oil sucking thing- I dont want to end up with dry peely skin. So- YOU GO FIRST!!

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) I'm on this kick wanting to try some natural skin care like Avalon Organic Botanicals and Alba Botanica for example...Any thoughts on the skin care lines found at the natural food stores? Any recommendation on any organic skin care products? Are they better for your skin than the department store products due to all the natural ingreadients in them? THEY ARE VERY GOOD...BUT LIKE ANYTHING ELSE, WE CAN DEVELOP A SENSITIVITY TO CERTAIN INGREDIENTS AND/OR FIND WE NEED TO ALTERNATE WITH SOME PRODUCTS DEPENDING ON TIME OF YEAR, MONTH, OR TIME OF LIFE. DEPARTMENT STORE PRODUCTS GENERALLY HAVE A LOT OF LONG SYLLABLE, HARD-TO-PRONOUNCE THINGS IN THEM THAT MAKE ME WONDER WHERE THEY ORIGINATED FROM...MANY DEPT. LINES NOW HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN PRODUCTS THAT OFTEN INCLUDE MORE NATURAL INGREDIENTS...BOTH CAN BE PRICEY. ASK FOR SAMPLES TO BE SURE. GO ON-LINE & READ UP ON THE PRODUCTS DEPENDING ON YOUR SKIN TYPE & READ THE TESTIMONIALS. AGAIN, WE ARE OUR OWN LAB RATS MOST OF THE TIME. WHEN SOMETHING WORKS, STICK TO IT, TWEAK IT WHEN NECESSARY (JUST LIKE YOUR DIET IS VARIED) & REMEMBER TOO THAT IT'S MORE WHAT WE PUT IN OUR BODIES THAT REFLECTS ON THE OUTSIDE THAN WHAT WE PUT ON. FANIE SKINCARE IS NOMINALLY PACKAGED SO THE PRODUCTION MONEY IS WELL INVESTED. WISH I'D STARTED USING THEM 10 YEARS EARLIER THAN I DID...THE LADY I PURCHASE THEM FROM LOOKED 45 YRS OLD TO ME IN 1995....SHE TURNS 70-SOMETHING THIS YEAR....GET THE PICTURE??

Originally Posted by bluepisces Might I suggest a chickpea flour mask?
wink.gif
I never could get a definitive answer on the effectiveness (or existence of) the chickpea flour and water mask- you go first and let us know how it is! YOU CAN FIND IT (USUALLY) IN FIESTA TYPE GROCERY STORES (I LIVE IN HOUSTON) THAT FEATURE PRODUCTS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD...THIS WOULD BE INDIA/PAKISTAN TYPE OR, IF YOU'RE INDUSTRIOUS, BUY THE CHICKPEAS, GRIND THEM FINE IN A CHOPPER & COFFEE GRINDER & USE DAMPENED FINGERTIPS DIPPED IN THE FLOUR TO GENTLY SCRUB ON TOP ON OF A GEL OR CREAM CLEANSER. RINSE 20-30 TIMES WITH WARM TO HOT WATER AND MAKE SURE TO GO EASY ON DELICATE EYE TISSUE. FINISH WITH S LIGHT VITAMIN E OIL & CREAM IF DRY, LOTION IF COMBO, NONE IF OILY.

Latest posts

Back