Quantcast

Need Book Recommendations Please

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I've been struggling to read Confessions of a Shopaholic, but can't seem to get into it. Is there anything anyone could recommend? I tend to like mystery/suspense, but want to try something else. The only thing I won't read are romance novels.

TIA!

Reaction score
I just finished "Can you keep a secret" by the same author of Confessions, Sophie Kinsella. I thought it was a way better book than Confessions... I got kind of bored and/or irritated with Confessions.

Originally Posted by keaLoha I've been struggling to read Confessions of a Shopaholic, but can't seem to get into it. Is there anything anyone could recommend? I tend to like mystery/suspense, but want to try something else. The only thing I won't read are romance novels.
TIA!

Reaction score
Also, I'd like to recommend you keep at it with Confessions for awhile. It gets a lot better and more interesting IMHO. Just a suggestion!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trisha PS. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

my sister bought that on our way home from croatia at the airport and LOVED it. she thought it was so sad.
i started reading "still thinking of you (even though i shouldn't be)" by adele parks, but i didn't like it because it goes so slow and there's SO many pages. i also couldn't stand it because i'm guessing it's by a british author and she mentions all these places i'm not familiar with lol

have you read "da vinci code"? it seems very popular. everyone's reading it. i just don't like books like that.

in class, we just started reading "the color purple".

Reaction score
I really like books by Iris Johanson... I know you're looking for something different, but for mystery/suspence/romance... her books are awesome. I think Ive read every one of them
A few of her books are about the same characters, but its not really a series - you can pick up any one in any order, and you won't end up lost or anything... but if you read another - you may notice that there are a few of the same people in it. The books are the kind you CANNOT PUT DOWN! So, they move really fast. You should check them out!

Great ones to check out:

The Ugly Duckling

The Face of Deception

Body Of Lies

The Search

Oh heck... they're all good! LOL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trisha I'll have to check those out, sounds interesting Janelle! x They are !
I think she's the only authorthat I can say always writes one great book after another... like Face of deception is the one befor Body of Lies (I think) same main character - A forensic sculpter who uses that clay to re-create faces on skulls... really cool topic anyway - but the rest of the story really makes it interesting. I think she has one new book out that I haven't seen yet... but I will be getting that one soon!