Quantcast

Need Mascara help!!!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
i'm having a problem finding a mascara that keeps my lashes curled. My eyelashes are very straight and point down. Curling them helps a little and i always use waterpfoof mascara, but after about 5 min. they're straight again. Does anyone else have this problem? What do i buy???


 
Joined
Aug 24, 2005
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Well this may or may not help but try getting some MAC Zoom Lash Mascara. I love this. Other than that you might have to have a routine of mascara. I would try curling then putting on a first coat of mascara. Then letting it dry and doing it again. One coat might not do the job. Hope this helps.

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
It may not be the mascara, but the texture/straightness of your eyelashes. Try using an eyelash curler or a heated lash curler (even better), then put on mascara, and then, push the base of your lashes upward and hold for ten seconds.

MAC mascaras are great, but for your type of lashes, I suggest a more 'heavy duty' mascara like "DiorShow Mascara" (they have a waterproof version as well) or Benefit "BADgal Lash Mascara."

Good Luck!

 
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
I mentioned a heated lash curler, but I forgot to recommend one! I use the 'Heated Eyelash Curler' from Talika Paris. Its AMAZING! They're about $30, and are sold at Sephora. Here's a pic!



 
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
7,760
Reaction score
1
did you know that they now have perm available for your lashes? check with an esthetician in your area to see if they offer this service. i understand that it lasts about 3 to 4 months. good luck!

 
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by ikebana It may not be the mascara, but the texture/straightness of your eyelashes. Try using an eyelash curler or a heated lash curler (even better), then put on mascara, and then, push the base of your lashes upward and hold for ten seconds.
MAC mascaras are great, but for your type of lashes, I suggest a more 'heavy duty' mascara like "DiorShow Mascara" (they have a waterproof version as well) or Benefit "BADgal Lash Mascara."

Good Luck!

thanks so much for all the advice! I've always wondered about the benefit mascara. I live in a really small country town in westvirginia, so i have to order everything online if they don't sell it at the local drugstore. First I think I'll try the heated curler and the benefit!
 
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
575
Reaction score
1
Location
Michigan
I had my eyelashes permed at one time, it did work really good I never had to use a eyelash curler, and when I didn't feel like wearing mascara, they looked great! Only thing is about 2 months after having it done I had a lot of them fall out! I had a gap in the front with about 9 lashes gone, I looked stupid for a while!

I am torn about a recommendation for that because the results were awesome, but the ending wasn't so great!

Originally Posted by monniej did you know that they now have perm available for your lashes? check with an esthetician in your area to see if they offer this service. i understand that it lasts about 3 to 4 months. good luck!
 
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by butterflyblue I had my eyelashes permed at one time, it did work really good I never had to use a eyelash curler, and when I didn't feel like wearing mascara, they looked great! Only thing is about 2 months after having it done I had a lot of them fall out! I had a gap in the front with about 9 lashes gone, I looked stupid for a while!
I am torn about a recommendation for that because the results were awesome, but the ending wasn't so great!

Thanks for the info., but I think I'll pass on that. The chemicals used in perms are VERY harsh on a whole head of hair, so I can only imagine how damaging they are on your eyelashes.
 

Latest posts

Top