Need Mascara help!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'm having a problem finding a mascara that keeps my lashes curled. My eyelashes are very straight and point down. Curling them helps a little and i always use waterpfoof mascara, but after about 5 min. they're straight again. Does anyone else have this problem? What do i buy???
frown.gif

Well this may or may not help but try getting some MAC Zoom Lash Mascara. I love this. Other than that you might have to have a routine of mascara. I would try curling then putting on a first coat of mascara. Then letting it dry and doing it again. One coat might not do the job. Hope this helps.

It may not be the mascara, but the texture/straightness of your eyelashes. Try using an eyelash curler or a heated lash curler (even better), then put on mascara, and then, push the base of your lashes upward and hold for ten seconds.

MAC mascaras are great, but for your type of lashes, I suggest a more 'heavy duty' mascara like "DiorShow Mascara" (they have a waterproof version as well) or Benefit "BADgal Lash Mascara."

Good Luck!

I mentioned a heated lash curler, but I forgot to recommend one! I use the 'Heated Eyelash Curler' from Talika Paris. Its AMAZING! They're about $30, and are sold at Sephora. Here's a pic!

P52301_hero.jpg

did you know that they now have perm available for your lashes? check with an esthetician in your area to see if they offer this service. i understand that it lasts about 3 to 4 months. good luck!

Originally Posted by ikebana It may not be the mascara, but the texture/straightness of your eyelashes. Try using an eyelash curler or a heated lash curler (even better), then put on mascara, and then, push the base of your lashes upward and hold for ten seconds.
MAC mascaras are great, but for your type of lashes, I suggest a more 'heavy duty' mascara like "DiorShow Mascara" (they have a waterproof version as well) or Benefit "BADgal Lash Mascara."

Good Luck!

thanks so much for all the advice! I've always wondered about the benefit mascara. I live in a really small country town in westvirginia, so i have to order everything online if they don't sell it at the local drugstore. First I think I'll try the heated curler and the benefit!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I had my eyelashes permed at one time, it did work really good I never had to use a eyelash curler, and when I didn't feel like wearing mascara, they looked great! Only thing is about 2 months after having it done I had a lot of them fall out! I had a gap in the front with about 9 lashes gone, I looked stupid for a while!

I am torn about a recommendation for that because the results were awesome, but the ending wasn't so great!

Originally Posted by monniej did you know that they now have perm available for your lashes? check with an esthetician in your area to see if they offer this service. i understand that it lasts about 3 to 4 months. good luck!

Originally Posted by butterflyblue I had my eyelashes permed at one time, it did work really good I never had to use a eyelash curler, and when I didn't feel like wearing mascara, they looked great! Only thing is about 2 months after having it done I had a lot of them fall out! I had a gap in the front with about 9 lashes gone, I looked stupid for a while!
I am torn about a recommendation for that because the results were awesome, but the ending wasn't so great!

Thanks for the info., but I think I'll pass on that. The chemicals used in perms are VERY harsh on a whole head of hair, so I can only imagine how damaging they are on your eyelashes.
icon_neutral.gif

Latest posts

Back