Neimanmarcus.com Beauty Event

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With any fragrance or cosmetics purchase of $85 or more, receive an NM Exclusive tote with 12 beauty necessities*.

You'll receive:

• FRESH Rice Sake Bath 35ml & Sake Eau de Parfum scented card

• ACQUA DI PARMA Iris Nobile Eau de Toilette 2ml

• GUCCI Envy Me Eau de Toilette 1.7ml

• MOLTON BROWN Heavenly Gingerlily Bath & Shower Gel 1oz

• ORLANE PARIS High Definition Firming Cream 3.5ml

• DARPHIN Stimulskin Plus Eye Contour Cream 3.5ml

• YVES SAINT LAURENT Touche Eclat packette in Luminous Radiance

• CLINIQUE CX Rapid Recovery Cream 0.14oz

• KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 Creme de Corps 1oz

• NATURA BISSE Glyco-Peeling 25% 6ml

• MICHAEL KORS Shimmering Self Tanner 0.5oz

Here's a pic of the TOTE bag you get with this offer if anyone is interested!

main_01.jpg

That's a scary tote. The offer sounds good, but I don't need anything especially after my last haul @ Armani.

Some of the goodies are really great! Besides a sample of Touche Eclat, there's Kiehl's Creme de Corps and the Clinique CX Rapid Recovery cream. I was working as a MA at Neiman Marcus last year (Awake cosmetics) and I assisted a female doctor who loved this Clinique cream. She discovered it's potential after she fell on her face while running. Her scab and scarring healed up super fast, which made her a devoted user. This formula is different than the normal Clinique creams at the regular counters and is exclusive to Neiman Marcus. The exclusiveness doesn't mean squat to me but just warning you in case you want to check this out at Dillards.
wink.gif

I didn't know there was such an exclusive cream by Clinique being sold at NM. Thanks for the info. What's your take on Awake by the way? I've been interested in the line and I tried their skin care line but I've never tried their makeup but hear good things about it. I think Neiman's goodies are always pretty good. I remember getting this one year and one of the goodies was Sisley Hydra Flash cream which was amazing. The price just keeps me from buying it but I have to say I was amazed at the cream how well it worked with my difficult skin and made it looks so good.

Hi Reija,

Their makeup line is pretty good, with their star pieces being the Skin Renovation foundation line and their Stardom lip products. The foundations (creme-to-powder and liquid) is geared more for mature skin and offers skin care plus REAL coverage, which is harder to find in most foundation formulas. You don't need the coverage, btw!
wink.gif

They have two different types of lipstick and three different glosses in the Stardom line. My favorite in the lipstick line is the regular "Stardom Lipstick" with the flat, angled surface. This formula has the best texture and feels like a comfortable balm on the lips while giving color. The shades range from light and sheer to vibrant and bold. My favorite is Sheer Sunshine, which is a blush peach with golden shimmer. It's sheer and it's balm-like weight looks great applied straight from the tube. The most popular shade in general is Cherry Frosting, which is a rose with a subtle brown undertone. I think it's the one on the bottom left in the image.

Another product worth mentioning is the Full Motion Lipstick, which is a brush-on liquid color. It feels like a non-sticky gloss going on and wears like a lightweight lipstick. There is a color called Dust Storm that is gorgeous on! It's a nude blush shade that has a shimmer that flashes a subtle pale green. Sounds odd but it is the prettiest nude I've seen in most lines.

They also make a product called Stardom Eye Gloss, which is a gel-based shimmer product that adds sheer color and LOTS of texture with shimmer and glitter. If anyone loves a glittery, party eye and wants something completely eye-catching, this is a definite must-try!

The 'misses' in their line would be the Stardom Graphic Eye, which was too emollient and creased easily, the regular Stardom Mascara, which was too flakey and the Stardom Proportional Eye Pencils, which fades away too quickly on the eyes.

Latest posts

Back