Neutrogena acne mark fade peel

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried Neutrogena acne mark fade peel. I have quite a few scars from some bad acne last summer. I was super stressed last summer. I was really sick last summer due to mold that was in my basement in my old house. I got really freaked out by how sick I was and my nice clear skin suddenly had acne. Well I managed to get rid of the acne but now I have scars and its so embarrassing .
icon_redface.gif
Right now I'm using an ex foliating facial cloth but I need something more. Any input would be appreciated
icon_smile.gif

Lisa

i hate to say this but this product just makes your face exfoliate quicker you can get the same effect using exfoliating scrubs (the one by st ives is cheap) and stuff made for acne prone skin. anything with salicylic acid in it (however you spell it) will exfoliate your skin quickly.

actually, I read that Neutrogena's peel has something other in it than SA to help fade the marks. I think it works wonderfull, but you need to use it religously. about 3x a week for a month, and you should see great improvements. I also like the way it makes my skin feel. :icon_love

Originally Posted by Naturally Also ...glycolic acid products are good ...and a microdermabrasion product ..those are good for helping that layer of dead skin go away ..along with minimizing pores and scars. oh yea any microdermabrasion should work too. i use a thing by philosophy that works i have the greatest love and the greatest mystery that i use together when i want that facial feeling. i just don't use it much since i tan i don't want my face fading that fast.

Thanks everyone.
icon_smile.gif

I think I will try this and I'll let you all know how its goes. I also want to try microdermabrasion too.

Lisa

Originally Posted by leelee04 I was wondering if anyone has tried Neutrogena acne mark fade peel. I have quite a few scars from some bad acne last summer. I was super stressed last summer. I was really sick last summer due to mold that was in my basement in my old house. I got really freaked out by how sick I was and my nice clear skin suddenly had acne. Well I managed to get rid of the acne but now I have scars and its so embarrassing .
icon_redface.gif
Right now I'm using an ex foliating facial cloth but I need something more. Any input would be appreciated
icon_smile.gif

Lisa

I bought it a couple of weeks ago based on reviews that I read on other boards, but I am too lazy(read chicken) to try it. The reviews always reference a horrible smell and I'm not looking forward to that. But I will start on it this week and give an update!

Originally Posted by hkLola On drugstore.com this product got 4 out of 5 so I'd recommend trying it. HEY WELCOME TO MUT I THINK I MISSED YOU THE FIRST TIME AROUND,LOL

GWENDOLYN FROM NY
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by divadee62 I bought it a couple of weeks ago based on reviews that I read on other boards, but I am too lazy(read chicken) to try it. The reviews always reference a horrible smell and I'm not looking forward to that. But I will start on it this week and give an update!

Welcome to mut diva,gwendolyn from ny,lets us know how it turns out for you,adn maybe you can do a review in the review center.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Welcome to mut diva,gwendolyn from ny,lets us know how it turns out for you,adn maybe you can do a review in the review center.
wink.gif
thanks for the welcome! I've lurked long enough as a PJ now it is time to share my obsession with y'all! :)

Originally Posted by divadee62 thanks for the welcome! I've lurked long enough as a PJ now it is time to share my obsession with y'all! :) Terrific,join right in,our casa is your casa,lol
icon_cheesygrin.gif

What type of scars are you trying to fade? I am trying desperatly to get rid of my scars, but mine are white scars where I don't have any coloring at all. It's very hard to cover with make up. I have tried scrubs, peels, and micro derm. Nothing has helped as of yet. I hate it, it very embarrassing and depressing. I am tanning to help even out my skin tone, but in reurn is making the scars stand out more. Do they ever turn so they can tan again or fade some so they are not so white and stand out so much? HELP!

Originally Posted by tylda1969 What type of scars are you trying to fade? I am trying desperatly to get rid of my scars, but mine are white scars where I don't have any coloring at all. It's very hard to cover with make up. I have tried scrubs, peels, and micro derm. Nothing has helped as of yet. I hate it, it very embarrassing and depressing. I am tanning to help even out my skin tone, but in reurn is making the scars stand out more. Do they ever turn so they can tan again or fade some so they are not so white and stand out so much? HELP! I'm African-American, so my acne scars/hyperpigmentation are a dark brown. Mine are fairly easy to cover up with concealer but I'd like to get to the point where I don't need concealer or foundation. I've gotten slow results from my glycolic peels and super copper serum, but hoping that the neutrogena will fade them quickly.

Originally Posted by Liz hi! welcome to mut divadee! Thanks Liz! I'm giddy with all the threads that I want to post in! LOL Some of these threads are months old, but I just have to post! :)

Originally Posted by divadee62 I bought it a couple of weeks ago based on reviews that I read on other boards, but I am too lazy(read chicken) to try it. The reviews always reference a horrible smell and I'm not looking forward to that. But I will start on it this week and give an update! Hi Thanks for replying, I cant wait to see how it works for you. I went to the store to buy it and it was all sold out.
icon_sad.gif
. The scars I have are red. I hate it so much! Its so humiliating. When I go to the store with no makeup on I try to get what I need and leave. And when I'm standing in line I turn the other way so nobody will look at me. lol I know I'm vain
redface.gif

Lisa

Originally Posted by leelee04 Hi Thanks for replying, I cant wait to see how it works for you. I went to the store to buy it and it was all sold out.
icon_sad.gif
. The scars I have are red. I hate it so much! Its so humiliating. When I go to the store with no makeup on I try to get what I need and leave. And when I'm standing in line I turn the other way so nobody will look at me. lol I know I'm vain
redface.gif

Lisa

I feel your pain! I was in Disney last week and my friend kept asking me why are you putting on makeup for the theme parks? I was like, wellllll I'm taking pics and I want my skin to look flawless! I don't want to be all spotted!
I will definitely take pics tonite for the before and start tonite. I will just do that and not do anything else to get a true sense of how well this product works.

Latest posts

Back