new Burke Decor Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very upset my box came today . When I saw the size of the box I became concerned it was very tiny for a home box or for anything larger that 6 inches by 6 inches . The home box I got today had one blue coaster ( not a set just one) and a unlabeled black piece of cardboard. Is this a cuttingboard? What do I use this for??? no info included. They said the box value would be $130 retail. The cardboard slab ... value $2 dollars... one coaster value 4 dollars ????? How upsetting I know some of you got boxes I wish someone other than me would post what they got. I don't see how they can legally get away with this after they advertised something else. Plus they need to tell you what these strange things they send you are. NOT HAPPY
Wow. I really hope they work all this out quickly for you guys & are able to move forward with a great service. I love the concept of the home box & I'm still intrigued. Aside from the huge issue of quality control though, they really should be including an info card. That's really important.

I found the blue dish I got its an appetizer dish part of a set of 4 that sold for   9.99.  So the value of it is   $2.50  ... I got  one dish not the set.  PLus the small slab of  cork like thing I got may be a coaster?   Trivit?  Have no clue but its not worth much   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the blue dish I got its an appetizer dish part of a set of 4 that sold for   9.99.  So the value of it is   $2.50  ... I got  one dish not the set.  PLus the small slab of  cork like thing I got may be a coaster?   Trivit?  Have no clue but its not worth much   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">
I hope they made a mistake and you are getting more in the mail based on the email they sent that said some boxes were sent out without being complete and more items are being sent later. I'm still trying to understand how they can be sent that incomplete though. That's strange. Hopefully they get all this sorted out ASAP.

@ I understand how you feel. That was how I felt yesterday. Did you receive the email that some of the boxes shipped incomplete and there is a second box coming?

I hate to be working at their company today. This isn't the best way to enter the sub box world. I do hope it all works out in the end. We want a great home decor box!

They are also sending the rest of the items for the spa box too.

I think it sounds like people are getting different items so I am not putting this behind a spoiler wall- mostly also because I don't know how! lol

So I got two amber tumbler, candle holder thingies. Two small square app plates that I will also use to place candles on or to place jewelry or something. And 2 gold forks that are very heavy and pretty. I hope I am getting another shipment also because although I am not disappointed..I am also not completely happy. I think the items I got are gorgeous and I will use them. But for the price paid is not worth it. 

I did expect to be more disappointed than I am though, and I will not be unsubscribing over this. I am actually very excited to see what else they have in store in the next few months. 

Snip20150430_1.png

I think it sounds like people are getting different items so I am not putting this behind a spoiler wall- mostly also because I don't know how! lol

So I got two amber tumbler, candle holder thingies. Two small square app plates that I will also use to place candles on or to place jewelry or something. And 2 gold forks that are very heavy and pretty. I hope I am getting another shipment also because although I am not disappointed..I am also not completely happy. I think the items I got are gorgeous and I will use them. But for the price paid is not worth it. 

I did expect to be more disappointed than I am though, and I will not be unsubscribing over this. I am actually very excited to see what else they have in store in the next few months. 
 I would have been happy with your box

In case anyone missed the post - Burke Decor posted a response on MSA today regarding what happened to the boxes.

I received my 2nd shipping notification today. Now I hope that it is for the 2nd half of April but I am not sure if it is for May's box. I'll post pics when I get em.

I received a tracking number too. It's my understanding that the boxes normally ship near the end of the month so this should be April Part 2. I'll post pictures regardless what I think of the box.

They don't answer my emails or facebook messages.  I also posted questions on their facebook wall that they deleted. They appear to delete negative things that people write .     I have not got any info on additional items or shipping

so I got my first box along with an email saying some boxes were packed light.

Here's what was in the first "light" box:

burkebox 1.jpg

This is two Roost small etched tumbles, two Trina Turk cloth cocktail napkins and a small Dauville porcelain bowl (same as from popsugar). These items are worth just over the box price.

The shipping notification I received is for a brand new box, I'm guessing. It weighs five pounds. This original box weighed 3lbs.

My guess is they are reshipping everything and I think that is freaking amazing. If it's true and they reship all the home boxes, then it's like I got two boxes for the price of one. Or one and a half boxes, I guess. Still, pretty awesome!

My second box will be here next Monday and I can't wait. While the first box isn't really my style, it is definitely high on the "interesting" list. Plus I adore getting the small matching Canvas Home Dauville bowl!

I do like how different all our boxes are but I don't like how they seem to be filled with old clearance stock. Also... how are cloth cocktail napkins worth $12 EACH!? And they actually are, too. I can't find them any cheaper (but I can find them more expensive). 

Plus they've been super responsive to my emails so I'm happy about that.

I'm wondering if they will continue to send just partial sets of items or if that was a mistake too. For the dining items, I don't know what I would do with just two forks or two napkins. Plus, if you don't particularly like something it would be strange to gift something opened & just a partial set. I just don't know about this sub. I really want to love it, but without detailed item info, complete sets or a way to buy more items that I like, I don't think I can commit.

Ignore the stickers on the table. This is why I need a home decor box. :) I'm going to post more pictures behind a spoiler tag in a separate post. Here is the first look at the box.

IMG_0387.JPG

1. Chilewich Black 72″ table runner.  It will be useful in my house because I have boys. $50? Guessing because I think I found the correct one on the website. The runner is the black runner in the picture.

2. Ted Baker London Tweet, Tweet, Tweet Brogues lined notebook. This is really pretty. The first inside page has pictures of birds. The pages feel heavier than other notebooks. There is a ribbon to mark your spot. Apx. $20

3. A full set of Thomas Paul Metamorphosis coasters. Yes, I did receive all 4. Very pretty with a butterfly on it. I’ve been wanting coasters I can use. They are sturdy and should not break. This is always a concern in my house. $18

4. John Robshaw Textile Home Embroidered Card Set. These are amazing. The card has an embroidery design on it and feels like cotton. It's a set of 6. I placed one of each design up against the boxes.  $45

5. Kobo Sakura Blossom Sakura Blossom cherry blossom, ylang-ylang, lilac pure soy candle. I think it is the same one as the link. It did not arrive in the box. This is a heavy candle in a glass container with a lid. I love the smell and have no other scent like this. $37

6. Bonus??? – 3 greeting cards by Halle Cisco. Each card is wrapped separately. They are the cards that you see on the right hand side. Apx $7.50

Edited because I can't spell big words correctly LOL.

Ignore the stickers on the table. This is why I need a home decor box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm going to post more pictures behind a spoiler tag in a separate post. Here is the first look at the box.

IMG_0387.JPG

1. Chilewich Black 72″ table runner. I’m guessing it might be this one. It will be useful in my house because I have boys. $50? Guessing because I think I found the correct one on the website. The runner is the black runner in the picture.

2. Ted Baker London Tweet, Tweet, Tweet Brogues lined notebook. This is really pretty. The first inside page has pictures of birds. The pages feel heavier than other notebooks. There is a ribbon to mark your spot. Apx. $20

3. A full set of Thomas Paul Metamophosis coasters. Yes, I did receive all 4. Very pretty with a butterfly on it. I’ve been wanting coasters I can use. They are sturdy and should not break. This is always a concern in my house. $18

4. John Robshaw Textile Home Embroidered Card Set. These are amazing. The card has an embroidery design on it and feels like cotton. It's a set of 6. I placed one of each design up against the boxes.  $45

5. Kobo Sakura Blossom Sakura Blossom cherry blossom, ylang-ylang, lilac pure soy candle. I think it is the same one as the link. It did not arrive in the box. This is a heavy candle in a glass container with a lid. I love the smell and have no other scent like this. $37

6. Bonus??? – 3 greeting cards by Halle Cisco. Each card is wrapped separately. They are the cards that you see on the right hand side. Apx $7.50
 OMG I love these things. I want those coasters.  I wish they would send me shipping on mine

Ignore the stickers on the table. This is why I need a home decor box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm going to post more pictures behind a spoiler tag in a separate post. Here is the first look at the box.

IMG_0387.JPG

1. Chilewich Black 72″ table runner. I’m guessing it might be this one. It will be useful in my house because I have boys. $50? Guessing because I think I found the correct one on the website. The runner is the black runner in the picture.

3. A full set of Thomas Paul Metamophosis coasters. Yes, I did receive all 4. Very pretty with a butterfly on it. I’ve been wanting coasters I can use. They are sturdy and should not break. This is always a concern in my house. $18

What an incredible group of items!  I hope I get that lucky.  Mostly, though, I hope they continue to send boxes of that caliber.

Lots of pictures because this is a new box with a rough start. It's also why I put the pictures behind the spoiler tags.

Note that the black runner is in all the pictures.

Thomas Paul Metamorphosis coasters. Very happy.

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

John Robshaw Textile Home Embroidered Card Set. There are 2 of each design. They feel amazing and are embroidered. I love the matching envelopes.

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

Ted Baker Notebook. It's beautiful. It feels different than other notebooks that I received in sub boxes.

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

Kobo Sakura Blossom Sakura Blossom cherry blossom, ylang-ylang, lilac pure soy candle. Love the scent.

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

Halle Cisco Greeting Cards. Blank inside.

IMG_0402.JPG

A picture of the Engraved Roost Glasses from my first box along with the cocktail napkins. I received 2 of each, but I don't know where I placed the 2nd napkin.

IMG_0403.JPG

A picture of the 2 Vagabond appetizer dishes from the first box.

IMG_0405.JPG

Latest posts

Back