New Hair Dryer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by bonbon412 I'm going to Sally's today and need a new dryer. Any suggestions? I've gone through so many hair dryers - I can't even keep track! I seem to have had the worst luck with ones by Jilbere'. Actually the one I have now I got at Ulta for $25.00 and Its the best I've ever had so far. Its a Vidal Sassoon "Ionizer" - 1875 watts, seperate ion switch (that really makes ionic air - you can smell it... smells like the air that comes out of those Ionic breeze purifiers @ Sharper Image!) Also is ceramic... comes with detachable diffuser, detachable airflow concentrator nozzle , ceramic vent brush & ceramic flat iron!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Here's a pic of it....

2092886.jpg

and here is the link for product info at Ulta:

http://www.ulta.com/control/product/~product_id=2092886

It's on sale for $19.99 now. My friends are even using it in their salons, it's really a great dryer!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Wow! Maybe I'll swing by Ulta and get that one instead! That looks like a really good deal. Thanks!

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Wow! Maybe I'll swing by Ulta and get that one instead! That looks like a really good deal. Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised by this! I always heard you need the "big name' dryers to get a good result... and from my experiences, that has proved the total opposite! Everytime I bought an expensive 'salon quality' dryer, it always burned out after a few months - and I'm not scorching my hair or trying to peel paint either! LOL This one is great! I've had it about a year now with no problems at all
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Just remember that high watts is not always a good thing. Watts are how much power is used to while the dryer is in use. But the 1875 is a great watt, and that deal is also.

Wow, $19.99??!! For Ceramic Ionic is a great deal!! I had read so many rave reviews about ceramic ionic dryers, but was overwhelmed by all the choices. I guess I thought I had to buy a "big name" to get results and I kept seeing articles about the T3 Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic that sells for a whopping $200 at sephora. After a month of debating the price because I have been wanting to minimize further damage to my hair (after a not so great experience with thermal reconditioning to straighten) I decided to bite the bullet and spend the money. I have been very happy with the results, makes my hair silky and slightly cuts drying time, but I do still need to run the ceramic flat iron over top sections . . . Gosh, I really wish I would have found this forum BEFORE I purchased and I could have saved about $180?! I guess I don't know for sure that I would get the same results from the Vidal Sassoon brand, but for $19.99 on sale or even $25 not on sale, it would have been worth trying . . .
icon_neutral.gif

Ooh! I need to get to Ulta ASAP. I've been looking for a new dryer too and this is a great deal!

I have also heard the talk about the T3 dryer... Luckily they had it at the trade show I was at and also their flat Iron... so I was able to try both. Honestly the dryer is nice, but it gets VERY hot. With my damaged hair, I don't think this would be a good thing. And also, yes, it is VERY expensive. I was also looking at the RUSK Speed Freak dryer - which is 2000 watts.This one also gets very hot. Seems all the new "speed" dryers have a high wattage, and the temp. can get up there - so it might not be the best thing on dry/damaged hair. The VS dryer is 1875 watts - so it's still a decent amount, but with the temp. settings and ion switch - I love the results. I couldn't believe that I got them from such a common brand. I love it more than any high end dryer I've tried. The T3 flat iron has these little grooves on top that you're able to wrap the hair around to get a curling effect - but I like to be able to touch the ends of the iron, so with this one that is out b/c it's VERY HOT!!! lol You also have to use it differently than a regular iron... you clamp it at the root, then wrap the hair around it and then slide it down to the ends. I noticed that if you don't do it EXACTLY right, you get crimps. Although I haven't used the VS iron that came with the dryer... it seems a heck of a lot easier (and cheaper) than the T3.... plus you really don't want to use an iron to do your whole head from start to finish... you want to use it as a touch up so that you are safeguarding your hair against damage.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

ok, I ordered this dryer from Ulta. I can't wait to get it. It was on sale still $19.99. Thanks Janelle for your recommendation!!!

Mine is the same brand but 14 years old!!!! I need a new one but darn thing is still working. This one looks really cool.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I've gone through so many hair dryers - I can't even keep track! I seem to have had the worst luck with ones by Jilbere'. Actually the one I have now I got at Ulta for $25.00 and Its the best I've ever had so far. Its a Vidal Sassoon "Ionizer" - 1875 watts, seperate ion switch (that really makes ionic air - you can smell it... smells like the air that comes out of those Ionic breeze purifiers @ Sharper Image!) Also is ceramic... comes with detachable diffuser, detachable airflow concentrator nozzle , ceramic vent brush & ceramic flat iron!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Here's a pic of it....

2092886.jpg

and here is the link for product info at Ulta:

http://www.ulta.com/control/product/~product_id=2092886

It's on sale for $19.99 now. My friends are even using it in their salons, it's really a great dryer!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Reija(admin) ok, I ordered this dryer from Ulta. I can't wait to get it. It was on sale still $19.99. Thanks Janelle for your recommendation!!! Awesome! You'll have to let me know how you like it!
wink.gif
I think it's great... but hey, everyone's different! But I know a few people that I showed it to, they started using it at the salon - it's an awesome dryer! I use round ceramic brushes, but I've always got my ion switch on - and get great results everytime!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Mine is the same brand but 14 years old!!!! I need a new one but darn thing is still working. This one looks really cool.
wink.gif
It's a great dryer! If yours ever goes - I definitely reccomend this one~
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hmmmm. I wonder if it's still on sale?

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 It's a great dryer! If yours ever goes - I definitely reccomend this one~
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilla Hmmmm. I wonder if it's still on sale? Yup... think so - Reija's post yesterday said she still got it for 19.99 - and that was the price I saw for it at the store about 2 weeks ago.... might just be their new price for it.
icon_wink.gif

Great! I'll look into it
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yup... think so - Reija's post yesterday said she still got it for 19.99 - and that was the price I saw for it at the store about 2 weeks ago.... might just be their new price for it.
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) LOL, naw, not too quiet
wink.gif
Quiet isn't always better!
wink.gif
A lot of the new 'quiet' ones I've tried burnt out real fast.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by sheshells Wow, sounds like a winner. Is it quiet?
icon_question.gif

It's not QUIET quiet, but I've had much louder. It's pretty much like any normal 1875 watt dryer... You'll have to speak up to talk to someone near you... but your ears won't be ringing from it either..
wink.gif

My hairdryer shorted out yesterday and I was going to post asking for recommendations. Now, I don't have to!

I ordered the dryer and am really psyched to try it! Thanks!

Meg

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I'm going to Sally's today and need a new dryer. Any suggestions? this isn't at sally's but the t3 is THE best! i have the thickest hard to dry hair, and now it takes me 5 minutes to dry my hair....its super light and extremely quiet....i'm glad i fork over the money.

Latest posts

Back