new here... a little confused

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! I just signed up and I'm still trying to find my way around this site. It seems like there is so much going on and it seems a little tricky to navigate. Everyone seems so nice. I work from home, so I'm always looking for friends and fun online. I hope I'm in the right place!
biggrin.gif

Hi Suzukigrrl - I'm Karen from NY ~ Welcome to MuT, everyone starts out a little confused, believe me I did, and I'm still learning....the people are great, if you have any questions you can PM any of the Mods or Admin to help you .... Have fun
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Hi all! I just signed up and I'm still trying to find my way around this site. It seems like there is so much going on and it seems a little tricky to navigate. Everyone seems so nice. I work from home, so I'm always looking for friends and fun online. I hope I'm in the right place!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Hi all! I just signed up and I'm still trying to find my way around this site. It seems like there is so much going on and it seems a little tricky to navigate. Everyone seems so nice. I work from home, so I'm always looking for friends and fun online. I hope I'm in the right place!
biggrin.gif
Welcome to mut suzukigrrl!Gwendolyn from NY, Dont worry ,you will have a blast once you know your way around.If you need help pm a mod they are all awesome,enjoy and welcome again.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl

Hi all! I just signed up and I'm still trying to find my way around this site. It seems like there is so much going on and it seems a little tricky to navigate. Everyone seems so nice. I work from home, so I'm always looking for friends and fun online. I hope I'm in the right place!
biggrin.gif

Yep, MakeupTalk is a little different than alot of other beauty boards/sites, but we do offer just as much if not more than others. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask around! The moderators here are wonderful and they will see you messages
Again, Welcome to MakeupTalk

Welcome! It's a little confusing at first because there are so many different things on the site, but everyone is really nice and helpful so I'm sure you'll figure out everything soon
smile.gif

hi! welcome to mut. it can be difficult adjusting to a new forum, but you'll get the hang of it. There's a lot to do on this site, so i hope you have a good time here
smile.gif

& Welcome to MuT! Glad to have you here & know you'll enjoy yourself. Format's a bit different from other boards, but once you get the hang of it, it's completely easy to navigate.
biggrin.gif
Looking forward to your posts!

HELLO Welcome to MUT...am Mina from Florida...yup you found rite place...all admins are so nice..so do us...check out some great Reviews and Swaps that we have....trust me when you will know the ways here you won't want to go away from here...LOL....talk to ya later...
icon_smile.gif

Welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or any other mod.

Thanks all for the welcome.

There are just so many buttons and things to click on! and now I'm going to try to figure out the notepad and profile settings.

Originally Posted by charms23

I know it takes some getting used to in the beginning, but those buttons and things are what makes MUT awesome! Tony (one of our admins) put in a lot of awesome features for us to use-we are quite spoiled here
smile.gif

BLUSHING! we love spoiling the girls here!

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Thanks all for the welcome.
There are just so many buttons and things to click on! and now I'm going to try to figure out the notepad and profile settings.

I know that it seems like its a lot but I will give you a tip. When I first started coming to the boards, I would click on the forum page and click on the forum that interested me (whether it be make-up, hair, sex
icon_evil.gif
. health, etc). Since I realized that I was interested in all the topics that are talked about on MUT, I click on the New Posts button. This will take you to all the new threads and posts that have been made since your last visit. Anything that has a blue check mark next to it, it means that you posted on that thread.
Also, at the top of every forum, there is a button marked abbreviations. I used this a lot when I first started coming here and even now. Click on that and you will find a lot of commonly used terms.

HTH (Hope this helps). If you have any more questions, please feel free to send me a private message (PM) and I will help you out as much as I can. Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Welcome to MakeupTalk! Please let us know if you have any questions on anything regards to the site. We will be glad to help!!!

Originally Posted by Marisol

I know that it seems like its a lot but I will give you a tip. When I first started coming to the boards, I would click on the forum page and click on the forum that interested me (whether it be make-up, hair, sex
icon_evil.gif
. health, etc). Since I realized that I was interested in all the topics that are talked about on MUT, I click on the New Posts button. This will take you to all the new threads and posts that have been made since your last visit. Anything that has a blue check mark next to it, it means that you posted on that thread.
Also, at the top of every forum, there is a button marked abbreviations. I used this a lot when I first started coming here and even now. Click on that and you will find a lot of commonly used terms.

HTH (Hope this helps). If you have any more questions, please feel free to send me a private message (PM) and I will help you out as much as I can. Look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Excellent Marisol! The new posts button has to be the most popular click around as long as you don't clear cookies

Welcome to MuT It looks confusing at first but you'll get the hang of after browsing for a while. Then! you'll be hooked
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oo I like the new posts button! Thanks for pointing it out!

Originally Posted by Marisol I know that it seems like its a lot but I will give you a tip. When I first started coming to the boards, I would click on the forum page and click on the forum that interested me (whether it be make-up, hair, sex
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl Oo I like the new posts button! Thanks for pointing it out! Anytime and if you have any more questions, ask away!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back