new here...need foundation help please!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been lurking for some time now...I am definitely in the right place with you fellow cosmetics "junkies". I have been on a neverending search for my HG foundation. I have tried everything! I love full coverage makeup but I hate when it cakes or blotches during the day. Maybe I'm just using the wrong powder- too heavy or something? Please tell me your favorite foundations! I have combo skin. So far Estee Lauder Double Wear is working the best..but still not perfect!

welcome vanity
smile.gif

i don't know much about full coverage foundations, but i know the other girls like the estee lauder one you're using. i know mac cosmetics has some full coverage foundations. have you checked those out?

Thanks Liz. I know they have some at their main MAC stores...wherever they are. But they usually don't carry the full coverage foundations in most of their counters in the department stores. I guess I could try the Internet...just so hard to match color and I like to try the product first....

when i use mac foundations, i'm usually the same color through out the whole line. do you know what color you are in the studio fix or studio tech foundations? if you know those, you can try to get the full coverage foundation in the same shade online...?

Welcome to MUT Vanity. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

If you are looking for a full coverage foundation, I would suggest MAC or Bare Minerals. I am currently use Bare Minerals and it gives me the full coverage that I need.

HTH!

Just wanna pop in and say WELCOME to Vanity & Marquetta! I'm Laura from Ireland. Looking forward to chatting with both of ye..

About the foundation, i'm using EL Double Wear but don't have the same problem as you vanity. I find by applying EL Lucidity Loose Powder in the mornings & by blotting & using MAC Blow Powder during the day, the foundation stays put with no cakiness or patches at all. Hope you get your problem sorted

A big hello & welcome to Vanity & Marquetta! I'm Janelle from NY... nice to meet you!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My current foundation I really like, which is MAC Moistureblend foundation. It is available at the counter, it is creamy and you can vary the amount of coverage from sheer to full depending on how you apply. I also hate when my makeup cakes up on my dry areas, but this seems to stay fresh all day! You should try some next time you visit the counter
smile.gif

Originally Posted by vanity

I've been lurking for some time now...I am definitely in the right place with you fellow cosmetics "junkies". I have been on a neverending search for my HG foundation. I have tried everything! I love full coverage makeup but I hate when it cakes or blotches during the day. Maybe I'm just using the wrong powder- too heavy or something? Please tell me your favorite foundations! I have combo skin. So far Estee Lauder Double Wear is working the best..but still not perfect!

Welcome to MakeupTalk Vanity!! Glad to have you around. Make sure you check out the review center and the swap center
wink.gif

Have a great day!

Originally Posted by Laura Just wanna pop in and say WELCOME to Vanity & Marquetta! I'm Laura from Ireland. Looking forward to chatting with both of ye..
About the foundation, i'm using EL Double Wear but don't have the same problem as you vanity. I find by applying EL Lucidity Loose Powder in the mornings & by blotting & using MAC Blow Powder during the day, the foundation stays put with no cakiness or patches at all. Hope you get your problem sorted

Hello Vanity & Marquetta - Im Karen from New York - I totally agree here with Laura, I also use EL Double Wear and have had no problems with it...
However, I just purchased something new to try last week, and was delivered today - its by Dr. Pierre Ricaud, it comes in jar, it has a thick & creamy texture - its called illuminez-moi, lifting foundation - I got it from their website ricaud.com along with a couple of other goodies...The coverage is (full) it smoothes your skin so it can reflect light perfectly, its light diffusing pigments makes for attaining a visible younger looking complexion.

I just wanted to say Welcome to MuT I don't use full coverage so I am no help, sorry
icon_sad.gif
But you will get great replies here for your questions
wink.gif

Hi Vanity! Welcome to MakeupTalk! I like Laura Mercier Oil-free foundation. It's full coverage and can be mixed with the tinted moisturizer to be a lighter coverage.

Latest posts

Back