New Kat Von D everlasting liquid love lipstick

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this product a week ago in Outlaw at Sephora and i have to say this product is unbelievable! Its hard to find a good red long last lip color that doesn't get all over your teeth or transfers when kissing but this solved the problem for me. I also gifted one to a friend who is a red lipstick fanatic and she too adored the shade of red and how when you apply it it feels as if you arn't wearing anything at all. It takes less then a mminute to dry but once its dry it leaves a beautiful matte velvet finish. Down sids are it tends to be a little dry after awhile but i usually dab on a little lip balm and enjoy the compliments :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm headed to Sephora Saturday. I'll need to check these out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks. I usually just wear a balm because I hate lipstick transfer. on my cup, on my bf, food, whatever. drives me nuts so I usually avoid it. this sounds like a blessing to me...

Have you tried the other long lasting lipsticks?  I've been looking for a high end long wearing lipstick and this just might be it!  So far I've been using Covergirl Outlast, Maybelline 24 hour Color and Lipfinity by L'Oreal.  Once you start wearing these types of long lasting lipsticks, you get spoiled and can't go back to the rubbing off while eating, drinking, kissing type!  If I wear a non long lasting lipstick I end up with bare lips or a lipstick ring around the edges of my lips because I forget to reapply.  The long lasting ones can be a tiny bit drying, but like you said, a bit of gloss helps, I usually only have to put it on right after applying and then forget about it all day.  Even if you have a late night and don't take it off (I know, bad!) they won't smear on your pillow and you'll have ruby red lips the next morning.  Thanks for posting about this, I've gotta try it.  You have me intrigued.  The color looks amazing too.  

Oops, not gloss, I mean balm.  I don't like glosses as much, they tend to be sticky and my hair is magically attracted to them, making sticky messes.  Not attractive.  Opposite of the look that I'm going for, ha ha.  I'd love to find a nice gloss that isn't so sticky, though.

I saw these in store, and I thought they looked great. Glad this thread got bumped. I am making a list for tomorrow's sale, and this is on it now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey Sweetgirlll,

I have tried lots of other outlast lip colors including the couple that you named, and i like them but i find when then do dry that theres either shimmer or something else i don't like about it (like drying out super fast). Plus i'm a medium skin tone so it's so hard for me to find a nice red that doesn't look orangy and way too glossed and sticky, so! I loved this product because of the finish,the lightweightness of it (if that makes sense) plus  it's not orangy. I mean right now orange is huge at sephora because of Pantone but, not in my red lipstick! either way as far as the rubbing off, use balm(if you have to, i found that it wasn't way too dry) VERY sparingly. Believe me, if you glob it on it's going to make the formula a little runny not dramaticly but you'll see when you try it. if you do fall asleep with it on without gloss, no worries it won't tranfer. same goes for kissing. Another suggestion that i really like is the Stila longwear colors, the red in fiery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried the other long lasting lipsticks?  I've been looking for a high end long wearing lipstick and this just might be it!  So far I've been using Covergirl Outlast, Maybelline 24 hour Color and Lipfinity by L'Oreal.  Once you start wearing these types of long lasting lipsticks, you get spoiled and can't go back to the rubbing off while eating, drinking, kissing type!  If I wear a non long lasting lipstick I end up with bare lips or a lipstick ring around the edges of my lips because I forget to reapply.  The long lasting ones can be a tiny bit drying, but like you said, a bit of gloss helps, I usually only have to put it on right after applying and then forget about it all day.  Even if you have a late night and don't take it off (I know, bad!) they won't smear on your pillow and you'll have ruby red lips the next morning.  Thanks for posting about this, I've gotta try it.  You have me intrigued.  The color looks amazing too.  

Originally Posted by Karmakarmen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You must check these out<br>

And there is also swatches and reviews here

http://sams-ownmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/01/24-of-365-kat-von-d-part-2-everlasting.html

Nice.  I'm definitely going to try these.  I'm with you on not wanting my reds to be orangy.  Thanks for the great review!  I like Stila products also, so I'll try that one as well.  There's nothing like the perfect red lipstick.  I'm the same skin tone and coloring as you so I think your picks will work for me as well.

I like the look of those lovely red liquid lipsticks too! The Outlaw shade looks fantastic in the tube and in the swatch. I'd have to apply lip balm over it though, since my lips are already very dry and this formula is apparently dry as well.

Latest posts

Back