New Limited Edition Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Vanity Affair Box today and love it. I thought I would let you know the sizes of the non-full size products in case you were curious.

Sunday Riley 10ml (full size s 30ml)

Baume de Rose 3g (full size is 10g)

Tocca 15 ml (full size is 50ml)

Shu Uemura 30ml (full size is 150ml)

Serge Normant 1.8 fl oz. (full size is 4.5 fl oz)

Maison Caulieres 30ml (full size is 100 ml)

I got the Chantecaille in Lychee and the Tata Harper in Very Charming.

I got my Vanity Affair Box today and love it. I thought I would let you know the sizes of the non-full size products in case you were curious.

Sunday Riley 10ml (full size s 30ml)

Baume de Rose 3g (full size is 10g)

Tocca 15 ml (full size is 50ml)

Shu Uemura 30ml (full size is 150ml)

Serge Normant 1.8 fl oz. (full size is 4.5 fl oz)

Maison Caulieres 30ml (full size is 100 ml)

I got the Chantecaille in Lychee and the Tata Harper in Very Charming.
Thanks! I'm thinking about getting this box.. so tempting..

Hmmmm. That's nice, but the style of it is not really anything I'd ever be interested in or use. Kind of reminds me of the "Toms Shoes" aesthetic or whatever.
I agree and I'm hugely not a fan of Tom's.

OTOH... Olivia Wilde. There are about two celebrities in the world who can do something and I'd fall for it knowing it was dumb anyway, and she's one of them. <_> (The other being Daniel Craig. LOL Kohl's sent out a Bond cologne sample and I'm like, damnit, it's probably awful, but Daniel Craig is so handsome, he wouldn't lie to me!...)

Definitely a swell water bottle in one if them. There's an instagram shot and you can barely see the box open, but I could make out the neck of Swell.

Obvious if I clicked the link! I hope the other has ilia...

Last edited by a moderator:
My Home Sweet Homespun box arrived and I love it!  The hand cream is super nice, it's not greasy AT ALL and it smells amazing. The cowshed lip butter is really nice. I am super excited to try the sipping chocolate, as I had hoped it's not hot cocoa powder, but actually chunks of chocolate for melting in milk.  I am a chocolate lover, so I don't tend to like cocoa powder because it seems like watery chocolate. The cookies smell like they'll be wonderful, I will have to figure out how to adapt the recipe for high elevation and I plan to use the little garden treat kit to give them as gifts to co-workers. The maker's kit hanging photo kit even comes with super glue AND thumb tacks, I plan on using it to hang some decorative tea towels I have.  The candle tin is pretty, but the scent is strange it's a woody/sawdust/sweet smell. Finally I am slightly disappointed in the socks, they have ugly writing that is on the bottom of them, but other than that they're nice!  I will try to post pictures later.  Oh I forgot that it came with a cute little accordion fold with fun cold day ideas that uses items from the box. 

I searched Conscious Commerce in the Birchbox shop and all those items came up.  It's certainly not a box I am into, but I can see how others would be. Also thanks@@celiajuno,  for letting us know the sizes in the Vanity Affair, it helps me make my decision about whether the box is worth it. I am interested in what the 4th box will see to make my decision before deciding on another box. They said they'd be launching "tons" of boxes, I am wondering if 4 is considered "a ton".  Also, what do you think are the chances that they will release more boxes closer to Christmas?

Stumbled upon this article today.. Looks like there will be another limited edition box coming up soon!

http://thisisstory.com/birchbox-and-conscious-commerce-co-curate-a-good-gift/

It looks like mainly lifestyle products. I'll be interested to find out more whenever they announce it!
Yesssss a s'well water bottle. I've been dying to buy/try one for ages!

Edit: Though I might just buy it separately depending on the cost of this upcoming box... and apparently the cost is $68... so I probably will skip and just buy it on its own). XD

The swell Water bottles go on sale at Memorial Day and for July 4t. they are worth every penny!!!! Maybe they'll go on sale for T GIVING or Christmas??? Might be worth waiting for?

The swell Water bottles go on sale at Memorial Day and for July 4t. they are worth every penny!!!! Maybe they'll go on sale for T GIVING or Christmas??? Might be worth waiting for?
Ohhh, thanks for the heads up! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Birchbox just posted two new LE boxes Vanity Affair and Home Sweet Homespun. I entered the contest hoping to win the Vanity Affair box. Both boxes are appealing to me,I don't know if I want to wait for the others to be revealed before placing any orders. I currently have 700 points to spend.
I really want the vanity affair, I have 700 points as well but hoping for a good code.

Are they releasing new LE boxes every week?  I kinda really want the Vanity Affair one but I'm also afraid that a better box will come later and then I'll wish I saved my points for that BUT BUT what if I wait and nothing that I like better comes out and the Vanity Affair one gets sold out.  Oi, decisions decisions....

So, I did the maker's kit photo hanging kit from the box...while wearing the new socks and burning the strange smelling candle tonight, lol. I found that my kit came with 10 mini clothes pins, so instead of cutting the cardboard pieces into thirds twice like the tutorial video suggests, I cut mine in half twice at the 1.5" mark on my rotary cutter. It made for bigger pieces of paper and you have just 2 left over. She also mentions being careful with the super glue and boy is she right, mine burst all over the place, so make sure you put down some newspaper if you care about your work surface getting ruined. I wanted to try the sipping chocolate, but my husband drank all the milk and I didn't feel like going to get more. 

I really want the vanity affair, I have 700 points as well but hoping for a good code.
I found a 20% off code on Retailmenot: TAKEOFF20 .  I placed my order tonight and used $20 in points, bringing it down to $58 for the Vanity Affair box and a Mystery Sample pack.  I'm really excited about this box, beautiful products and I'll use every one.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   

For those talking about the Swell water bottle  . . I found one on clearance at Nordstrom Rack a few months ago and I've been using the heck out of it ever since.  It is amazing!! It's lightweight and keeps my water cold, plus I found a knit Sasquatch bottle cover for it at REI.  Oh, and the cap seals so tight that I have no problem throwing it in my work bag or purse. . it's not even leaked one drop of water and is perfect for any kind of travel.  

I would loooooove to know how many LE they are going to be released. I really like that I can see what's in the box, and decide if that's what I want to spend my money on. So, the big debate in my head is do I keep putting the cash out for "surprise" boxes (ie quarterly, PS, etc), or spend it on the things that are a treat, but I can make a decision if I want it or not. That's why I want to know how many boxes they have coming. Decisions, Decisions,

This box is so dang huge!!

IMG_5683.JPG

Back