new MAC foundation!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I cannot find any info or pics online... but I was at the MAC Pro Store (Los Angeles) today and learned about a brand new foundation called Select Cover-up Moistureblend. It's a cream formula blended with moisturizer and put into a sturdy compact. I tested it out on my hand and found it to be much smoother & lighter in texture than Studio Tech. I think I'm going to go back to MAC and pick some up!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Interesting Joy.. What kinda coverage is it? Post a pic if you buy it
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Interesting Joy.. What kinda coverage is it? Post a pic if you buy it
biggrin.gif
Not sure yet, honestly.
icon_redface.gif
I was in a rush at the store, so I want to go back and have them do half of my face with Studio Tech and half with Moistureblend. Then I'll let ya know!
wink.gif

thanks for sharing!

i've never tried mac foundations because i've heard lots of girls say it made them break out and i'm kinda sensitive and plus, i've found a foundation i'm happy with for now (stila illuminating liquid).

trisha, what's your HG foundation you mentioned?
confused.gif

Hi Jennifer, just wanted to say welcome to MUT!

Yea, I've heard people say MAC makes them break out. I personally haven't had any problems at all -- though my skin is pretty tough (normal/combo).

I'd love to try Stila's Illuminating Liquid -- what kind of coverage do you get?

Trish loves Chantecaille which has made me really curious to try it, as it sounds lovely. Just a bit expensive.
frown.gif
You can get it at Neiman Marcus.

thanks for the welcome! expect to see a lot of me here
wink.gif

about the mac foundations breaking people out, i heard it's because of the silicon (sp?) in it. it clogs pores. just a little FYI
smile.gif

stila's foundation is a light-medium coverage, but it has light-reflecting particles in it for flaws. when i have it on, it evens out my skin tone (i have very uneven skin tone) and makes my skin look flawless (with concealer, of course). i love it. i wore it for my senior pics and it looked GREAT.

i've heard of chantecaille, but never really looked into it. i definitely will now.

thanks so much
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Well, I cannot find any info or pics online... but I was at the MAC Pro Store (Los Angeles) today and learned about a brand new foundation called Select Cover-up Moistureblend. It's a cream formula blended with moisturizer and put into a sturdy compact. I tested it out on my hand and found it to be much smoother & lighter in texture than Studio Tech. I think I'm going to go back to MAC and pick some up!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Oooh! definitely let us know! Do you think they will carry this at the counter? Or shall I make a special stop the next time I'm in NYC?
icon_wink.gif

I've tried the MAC liquid foundations but can't use them because I am allergic to them.
icon_sad.gif
Well, except around my eyes and my lips for some reason so at least I can still use paints, liners, &lip stuff!
icon_biggrin.gif
Whenever a MAC cream or liquid touches my skin, red splotches almost immediately appear. I have to take the stuff off with a mu remover wipe (not allergic to MAC's) so that my skin will settle down. It only takes a few minutes for it to stop being irritated, thankfully. I would hate to walk around the mall with red splotches on my face!
tongue.gif

Does anyone know what this is from? I also appear to be allergic to Stila's Convertible Color (the blush ones) and Shu Uemura's oil based cleansers. There may be there is no common link though. If one of you ladies know, LMK please!

Originally Posted by Jennifer thanks for sharing!
i've never tried mac foundations because i've heard lots of girls say it made them break out and i'm kinda sensitive and plus, i've found a foundation i'm happy with for now (stila illuminating liquid).

trisha, what's your HG foundation you mentioned?
confused.gif

Originally Posted by wongy74 I've tried the MAC liquid foundations but can't use them because I am allergic to them.
icon_sad.gif
Well, except around my eyes and my lips for some reason so at least I can still use paints, liners, &lip stuff!
icon_biggrin.gif
Whenever a MAC cream or liquid touches my skin, red splotches almost immediately appear. I have to take the stuff off with a mu remover wipe (not allergic to MAC's) so that my skin will settle down. It only takes a few minutes for it to stop being irritated, thankfully. I would hate to walk around the mall with red splotches on my face!
tongue.gif

Does anyone know what this is from? I also appear to be allergic to Stila's Convertible Color (the blush ones) and Shu Uemura's oil based cleansers. There may be there is no common link though. If one of you ladies know, LMK please!

I used to get hives all over from certain makeup... I still have no idea what was in them that caused it - but it was wierd, because it would only be certain makeup (not brands in general- but specific products in the line) and I would itch like crazy!!!!
cool.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Well, I cannot find any info or pics online... but I was at the MAC Pro Store (Los Angeles) today and learned about a brand new foundation called Select Cover-up Moistureblend. It's a cream formula blended with moisturizer and put into a sturdy compact. I tested it out on my hand and found it to be much smoother & lighter in texture than Studio Tech. I think I'm going to go back to MAC and pick some up!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Got some of this tonight at my trip to Macy's... its really nice! I'm a newbie when it comes to MAC foundations... and I didn't know what my color would be or what to get - so she did half my face in the Moistureblend & the other half in the Hyper Real... the hyper real felt very drying (and this time of year, my skin is dry enough) But the moistureblend - didn't even feel it! My skin feels smooth, and not made-up at all... yet even 40 min. later, the hyper real liquid still has half my face feeling like it would crack if I smiled! Very tight & dry feeling - definitely not liking that one... shows every pore.
frown.gif
But this moistureblend seems to be great! Covers nice & blends easily... you can put on more for more coverage, or blend it out sheer... I like the versatility! So far so good!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Hopefully I wont get the breakouts that seem to happen to a lot of you guys who use their foundation.
rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I tested it out on my hand and found it to be much smoother & lighter in texture than Studio Tech. I think I'm going to go back to MAC and pick some up!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Ps... it is a lot creamier than the Studio Tech... that stuff was like putty - this is a lot smoother. You don't have to spackle it on
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha MAC Selects range, now online!! x I looooove this stuff! I actually like the way it looks better when applied with a sponge than the brush though - seems to go on better. It comes with a sponge, but I just use the large wedges... I saw the concealer wand when I was buying this... and that seems really nice too! I dont use concealer, i usually just apply an extra dab of the foundation where needed & blend... but my skin isn't dry & flaky looking anymore, and its very smooth! I also like how if you touch a tissue to your face, the tissue won't stick (like some other foundations would b/c of all the oils) and if you pat it, nothing comes off on the tissue... so it stays put & won't get on clothes. Plus you actually don't need a lot for a nice even finish. I haven't experienced any breakouts with it... and I'm really acne prone with certain makeup... A+++++
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I just can't believe how dark a shade I am! (NC42) I haven't tanned THAT much! (only like 2x and I dont really tan my face - I usually put the towel over it for most of the time or shut off the face bulbs)
redface.gif
... And yes, I do like the Studio Moisture Fix+ that they also recommend with it!...

Thanks for reviewing Janelle! (Hope I spelled your name right. lol)

I saw it in the store this past weekend, but I got the tint stuff instead cause I wanted a lighter coverage foundation. But this stuff is on my next haul list!

I'm trying to get all kinds of stuff. lol.

You guys are bad for my checking acct. hehe

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 Thanks for reviewing Janelle! (Hope I spelled your name right. lol)
I saw it in the store this past weekend, but I got the tint stuff instead cause I wanted a lighter coverage foundation. But this stuff is on my next haul list!

I'm trying to get all kinds of stuff. lol.

You guys are bad for my checking acct. hehe

No problem!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
and yep... you spelled it right! lol
I actually saw this the trip I made to MAC before I got it... and honestly when I saw it , it looked heavy to me - and I thought it would be cakey & maksy looking - so I never even tried it. But my mom saw it and wanted me to pick up some for her, so while I was there I figured I'd try and get some foundation for me. (Something that finally matched for once instead of drugstore guesses) but the MA did 1/2 my face in this, and 1/2 in the Hyper Real... and to be honest... this didn't even feel like I had anything on! It was really light. The hyper real felt really dry & tight. (and showed pores) this stuff looked nice, smooth and natural. And despite my first judgement, it wasn't heavy at all. The MA told me that it depends on how you apply it... you can pack it on - or you can blend it sheer. Actually, you get a sheer look everytime b/c you really only need a very small amount to cover up anything. So it's acually a light foundation that really gets rid of the stuff you dont want to see! Very cool!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I tried the MAC select moisturecover concealer today and it was not very good IMO.

Pros: Creamy and very easy to apply. It's supposed to be medium coverage but you can build it up the coverage easily, so it covers quite well.

Cons: Settles into lines I didn't even know I had!

I was really hoping to like this. Final Verdict: I'm sticking to my MUFE Lift Concealer.

Originally Posted by wongy74 I tried the MAC select moisturecover concealer today and it was not very good IMO.
Pros: Creamy and very easy to apply. It's supposed to be medium coverage but you can build it up the coverage easily, so it covers quite well.

Cons: Settles into lines I didn't even know I had!

I was really hoping to like this. Final Verdict: I'm sticking to my MUFE Lift Concealer.

Aww, sorry Jess! I don't use the concealer, I just use the foundation - and I haven't noticed that result from it... I don't know if I'm 'Line-less' (doubt it) but I think this was the best out of their foundations for my skin... the others felt kind of 'masky'... But since it's a buildable consistency - I use a dab more of the foundation where I would want a concealer, and it seems to take care of it - I never really was a concealer person - it would never totally blend into my skin that well.
icon_wink.gif

I just got the MB, and I do like it. I kind of put a lot on at first, and it was too dewy/creamy on my skin, so i put some studio fix on to of it. But it feels nice. I'll have to wear it during the day since I only wore it to play with my makeup.

I tried the new Moistureblend last night. I love it. And I hate foundation. But like lizzyb831, I have to put studio fix on top. I don't know if I would buy it because I'm just not sure if I would use it all the time. I might have her find me another one to get.

Originally Posted by wongy74 Cons: Settles into lines I didn't even know I had! *spits coffee all over keyboard* OMG, i'm PMSL Jess! I won't be trying that concealer anyway. Looks like the MoistureBlend foundation is getting good reviews. What skin type do you all have? I've combo, would it suit me?

Latest posts

Back