Quantcast

New MUT server specs

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Even though some of you won't understand this stuff, I thought I would share with you all the new MUT webserver specs. This server will go online tomorrow at 11am Eastern time and by the end of the day, you should all be seeing it online.

Server Setup:

Dual 3.06Ghz Intel Xeon processors (previously single 3.2Ghz P4), 2GB of RAM and all SCSI disks (previously, only the web files were served off SCSI drives. Database, email, etc were on IDE drives before). With the dual processor and all-SCSI arrangement, performance should definitely be improved.

We will also now have gigabit ethernet instead of 100MB so we should all see a nice speed improvement. Mostly from broadband(cable/DSL) users

Happy Mut'ing!

Reaction score
Yay speed

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Even though some of you won't understand this stuff, I thought I would share with you all the new MUT webserver specs. This server will go online tomorrow at 11am Eastern time and by the end of the day, you should all be seeing it online.

Server Setup:

Dual 3.06Ghz Intel Xeon processors (previously single 3.2Ghz P4), 2GB of RAM and all SCSI disks (previously, only the web files were served off SCSI drives. Database, email, etc were on IDE drives before). With the dual processor and all-SCSI arrangement, performance should definitely be improved.

We will also now have gigabit ethernet instead of 100MB so we should all see a nice speed improvement. Mostly from broadband(cable/DSL) users

Happy Mut'ing!

Liz

Reaction score
i noticed that sometimes the pages take awhile to load. and sometimes i have to click the refresh button because it gets stuck or something.

looking forward to the new server

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Liz

i noticed that sometimes the pages take awhile to load. and sometimes i have to click the refresh button because it gets stuck or something.
looking forward to the new server

Hopefully that fixes it. Remember, MuT has many things going on at once

Liz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hopefully that fixes it. Remember, MuT has many things going on at once
yeah, there's a lot of things that have to load up.

Reaction score
woohoo. is that 17-year-old boy who comes into the chat every once in awhile doing it? what's his name again? rob?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Even though some of you won't understand this stuff, I thought I would share with you all the new MUT webserver specs. Server Setup:

Happy Mut'ing!

Yep, I don't understand, because I'm not a dab at computers at all
Although this server works well
if new one is faster/better, I have to say- awesome!

Thanks leader
:icon_love

Reaction score
I'm loving the Gig Ethernet

Very impressive setup ya got there, T !! Lemme guess, Dell right? lol

Latest posts