Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
When I click on "New Posts" in the little menu thing, sometimes I'll get a reply that says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Does that happen to anyone else or just me?

Or did you log out and then come right back on?? I've done that before wither on accident or to open up another window & will get that message... because they're arent' any new posts since the ones' you've already seen.
icon_wink.gif

Are you logging out? Don't log out, just check the box off "remember me" and login then when you are FINISHED wit MUT for that session, just close the window. The New posts are tracked by cookies. Also don't clear your cookies or MUT will never know what you wanna track. MUT uses cookies.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831

When I click on "New Posts" in the little menu thing, sometimes I'll get a reply that says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Yep Charms is also correct with her statement.

Originally Posted by charms23

That only happens to me when I click the link that says "Mark all forums read." Maybe you accidentally did that?

Hmm.. where's the "mark all forums read"?

I do have it set to remember me. I haven't actually logged in since I joined! lol. I'll come on here for lilttle while. Then when I come back an hour later (closing the window, etc.) and I click on the "New Posts" it will sometimes say that. So then I have to go back through the forums and go to them individually. I know I know. I'm lazy. lol
icon_redface.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Hmm strange. Do you have it set to ALLOW cookies? Are you using Internet explorer?

Hmm.. where's the "mark all forums read"?
I do have it set to remember me. I haven't actually logged in since I joined! lol. I'll come on here for lilttle while. Then when I come back an hour later (closing the window, etc.) and I click on the "New Posts" it will sometimes say that. So then I have to go back through the forums and go to them individually. I know I know. I'm lazy. lol
icon_redface.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i'm using fire fox. i don't know about the cookies thing. my bf set up my comp just right, so i can't go changing anything. It's alright. I'll stop being lazy and just go through the forums. hehe
icon_lol.gif

he might have set it so the cookies clear

i'm using fire fox. i don't know about the cookies thing. my bf set up my comp just right, so i can't go changing anything. It's alright. I'll stop being lazy and just go through the forums. hehe
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 When I click on "New Posts" in the little menu thing, sometimes I'll get a reply that says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

I had that happened to me when I first started looking at this bulletin board and what I did is that I cleared all the cookies & cache and then I signed up and checked the "remember me" check box. I haven't had that issue ever since. I also use Firefox.
Hope this helps!

YEah, maybe try that Lizzerz
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol

I had that happened to me when I first started looking at this bulletin board and what I did is that I cleared all the cookies & cache and then I signed up and checked the "remember me" check box. I haven't had that issue ever since. I also use Firefox.
Hope this helps!

lol. i used it like at 10, and it worked, then I did it again just now and it worked. I don't know why it doesn't work the other times when there's a bigger time gap, like a few hours. thanks anyways! lol

Latest posts

Back