Quantcast

New to the forum/hello all

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
hi there, im melissa. i am a crossdresser/transvestite from nyc. i would love to meet new people from this site. i love makeup and all feminine stuff and would love to learn more and more. this site i believe could really help me in learning new tips. please get back and i will respond. thank you melissa

 

Geek2

Administrator
Admin
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Welcome to the board! Glad you found us and hope you will learn more about makeup etc from the site.

 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Hi Melissa! It's a pleasure to have you here! Tell us more about yourself and your alternative lifestyle.


Really hope you enjoy MakeupTalk, and tell your friends about it!





Originally Posted by boygirltv2005

hi there,im melissa. i am a crossdresser/transvestite from nyc. i would love to meet

new people from this site. i love makeup and all feminine stuff and would love to learn more and more.

this site i believe could really help me in learning new tips.

please get back and i will respond.

thank you

melissa





 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
Welcome Melissa! I'm a serious makeup junkie, as well as a freelancer. I've learned so much about the art of makeup when I started doing other people's faces. It's a bit like "working out of the box" since every face is completely different than my own. What's you biggest makeup love? I'm unfaithful to any line and therefore collect huge amounts of liners and shadows. Gotta have them sexy eyes! Take care! KittySkyfish

 
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
10,943
Reaction score
0
Hi Melissa, welcome to MuT.. You've definetly come to right place for tips and advice on make up, hair care, skin care.. you name it, you'll find an answer for it here!!

 
Joined
Feb 12, 2004
Messages
423
Reaction score
0
Hey melissa, Glad to have another person here to help! I'm very addicted to makeup, and even though I'm only 18 I always get complimented for my makeup so I must be doing something right. I'm about to be a fashion design student as well, but if it wasn't for that I would become a makeup artist. Need any questions about clothing or makeup come to me.

 
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
hi there, thanks for getting back to me. well, i also love makeup. i really love lipsticks, but i also enjoy wearing shadows and liners. i would love to get some tips from you since i always seem to have trouble drawing a straight line. i seem to always smudge or not get a good liner. let me know how i could do this better. i love doing the whole eye. i love the look. thanks.

 
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
hi there, thanks for sending me a message. well, i do love makeup and want to get as much knowledge as i can. i would to get some tips.

 
Joined
May 28, 2004
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
0
You're not alone. Lining eyes is one of the toughest parts of makeup application. It takes a LOT of practice to become adept!

When I use a pencil, I find the application depends on the consistency of the pencil. If the pencil is very creamy and color goes on (too) easily, dotting the lash line with the pencil then blending with a liner brush makes a very clean look. With regular texture pencils, you can draw mini-lines with short, dash-like strokes. Then blend with a brush. If your pencil is too dry, then it's either a dud or needs heating up with your fingertips. Gently squeeze the point for a few seconds to soften the tip up before application.

I highly recommend MAC Kohls or Powerpoint pencils, as well as YSL Long Lasting Pencils, and kohl pencils from Prestige, Lancome and Chanel.

If you want to line with eye shadow, choose a shadow that gives lots of pigment lift and goes on smoothly when dampened. NARS, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier (her cake liners) and Trish McEvoy have shadows that are either made for this purpose or shadows that are deep in pigment to make lining easy. If you go NARS, try ones from the Night series. Night Porter is my favorite BLACK!

Dampen your brush by stroking the bristles against a moistened hand. I don't like to add water directly to the brush because it can absorb too much liquid and make for a sloppy application. You can use Visine or a sealant from Paula Dorf or Trish McEvoy to make the shadow application last all day. If you use these to dampen your brush, take care not to get this all over your shadow cake. Just keep a "wet corner" since this will affect your shadow's ability to be used dry.

Brushes that work well are MAC 266, Japonesque eye liner (sold in Trade Secret), Bobbi Brown Fine Liner brush (not the ultra fine one). I think L'Oreal also makes one. You can also eye up these brushes and find a near identical version at the local art supply store. I recommend a taklon bristle since it blends liquid/oil/cream better than an animal fur bristle and holds it's shape longer.

I think I'll stop now...lol! My dissertation on liners is getting a bit much!


I'll be happy to go into further detail on any point I made, just ask away!

Originally Posted by boygirltv2005 hi there,thanks for getting back to me.

well, i also love makeup. i really love lipsticks, but i also enjoy wearing shadows and

liners. i would love to get some tips from you since i always seem to have trouble drawing

a straight line. i seem to always smudge or not get a good liner. let me know how i could do this better. i love doing the whole eye. i love the look.

thanks.

 
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
22,667
Reaction score
441
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Now, this is what I am talkin about! WORDUP!

This is TRUE Makeup Talk!

Thx Kitty!!





Originally Posted by KittySkyfish

You're not alone. Lining eyes is one of the toughest parts of makeup application. It takes a LOT of practice to become adept!
When I use a pencil, I find the application depends on the consistency of the pencil. If the pencil is very creamy and color goes on (too) easily, dotting the lash line with the pencil then blending with a liner brush makes a very clean look. With regular texture pencils, you can draw mini-lines with short, dash-like strokes. Then blend with a brush. If your pencil is too dry, then it's either a dud or needs heating up with your fingertips. Gently squeeze the point for a few seconds to soften the tip up before application.

I highly recommend MAC Kohls or Powerpoint pencils, as well as YSL Long Lasting Pencils, and kohl pencils from Prestige, Lancome and Chanel.

If you want to line with eye shadow, choose a shadow that gives lots of pigment lift and goes on smoothly when dampened. NARS, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier (her cake liners) and Trish McEvoy have shadows that are either made for this purpose or shadows that are deep in pigment to make lining easy. If you go NARS, try ones from the Night series. Night Porter is my favorite BLACK!

Dampen your brush by stroking the bristles against a moistened hand. I don't like to add water directly to the brush because it can absorb too much liquid and make for a sloppy application. You can use Visine or a sealant from Paula Dorf or Trish McEvoy to make the shadow application last all day. If you use these to dampen your brush, take care not to get this all over your shadow cake. Just keep a "wet corner" since this will affect your shadow's ability to be used dry.

Brushes that work well are MAC 266, Japonesque eye liner (sold in Trade Secret), Bobbi Brown Fine Liner brush (not the ultra fine one). I think L'Oreal also makes one. You can also eye up these brushes and find a near identical version at the local art supply store. I recommend a taklon bristle since it blends liquid/oil/cream better than an animal fur bristle and holds it's shape longer.

I think I'll stop now...lol! My dissertation on liners is getting a bit much!


I'll be happy to go into further detail on any point I made, just ask away!





 

Latest posts

Top