NewBeauty Testtube March 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my tube Friday and cancelled today. This was one of my favorite subs (been getting it since September of 2011), but it's gone so far downhill since they switched from quarterly to bi-monthly. We're getting charged more often for what seems like less quality. I don't want to pay nearly $40 every other month for this anymore.

I received my tube Friday and cancelled today. This was one of my favorite subs (been getting it since September of 2011), but it's gone so far downhill since they switched from quarterly to bi-monthly. We're getting charged more often for what seems like less quality. I don't want to pay nearly $40 every other month for this anymore.
I totally know where you're coming from, Amy......... I am also at the point where my mind is screaming out that I've got to make some HUGE decisions regarding this, as well as the QVC one. I have nearly stopped all of my other monthly subs just for these two and one other one that I will be receiving my 2nd item in a day or two. I know that I will use some of the products but it's weighing heavily on my mind about how much of the cost is actually for shipping. I'm thinking that I won't renew the QVC tube but will give the Beauty Test Tube one more try. I will kind of guilty cancelling it since it reached me in lightning speed, a good 3 weeks quicker than normal!

Oh my gracious, I just noticed that you've been receiving it for so long (not sure how I overlooked that detail)! Oh wow, this must have been a very difficult decision for you. I have looked back at the older tubes on YouTube and there's a lot of them that I really liked and was a bit jealous that I missed out on due to not knowing this site or beauty subs even existed back then.

Oh my gracious, I just noticed that you've been receiving it for so long (not sure how I overlooked that detail)! Oh wow, this must have been a very difficult decision for you. I have looked back at the older tubes on YouTube and there's a lot of them that I really liked and was a bit jealous that I missed out on due to not knowing this site or beauty subs even existed back then.
Haha...yeah. I stuck around for a long time, but just decided it's too much for products that aren't worth it. I understand why you like the QVC tube better - it is usually a better value now that NBTT has made the recent change. I only cancelled that because they tend to repeat products faster than I managed to want to use them up (Mally and WEN products especially). It's a shame this sub has changed. I also wish (and I know I've said this before) that there was a "no magazine" option. I think they use it to jack-up the price, since it's an expensive magazine, but I never even looked at any past the first couple. It's like half a pound of paper advertisements.

Haha...yeah. I stuck around for a long time, but just decided it's too much for products that aren't worth it. I understand why you like the QVC tube better - it is usually a better value now that NBTT has made the recent change. I only cancelled that because they tend to repeat products faster than I managed to want to use them up (Mally and WEN products especially). It's a shame this sub has changed. I also wish (and I know I've said this before) that there was a "no magazine" option. I think they use it to jack-up the price, since it's an expensive magazine, but I never even looked at any past the first couple. It's like half a pound of paper advertisements.
Yeah, my only issue with the QVC one is that I have a HUGE overload of "Mally" eye products! I don't dislike "Mally" but it's sort of annoying to also have them in the regular test tube. I sort of agree about the magazine, especially if you get both tubes and are getting two of the same issues, it's such a waste. However, I do like the adverstisements, lol.... I'm strange like that but only because of there being so many products that I don't know about. What I do NOT like is that there a ton of pages about plastic surgery/ surgeons stuff that takes up the back of the magazines from the regular beauty tube.

This wasn't the most thrilling box, I have to admit.  And if I had paid full price I would be a lot grumpier but I have to admit that pretty much everything in the tube is something I will use.  Which is kind of unusual for me.  

But counting the Yu-Be as a sample is ridiculous.  That should be a freebie tossed in at the last second!

This wasn't the most thrilling box, I have to admit.  And if I had paid full price I would be a lot grumpier but I have to admit that pretty much everything in the tube is something I will use.  Which is kind of unusual for me.  

But counting the Yu-Be as a sample is ridiculous.  That should be a freebie tossed in at the last second!
YES!!! I had the same thought about the Yu-Be when I saw it. Then when I came across the Revision Intellishade (although it has is such a higher value), both items are SO tiny!  I thought for sure   my sample bag had busted and spilled out but nope...

The thing i dont like about the Revision is that you can't get it anywhere!  It's only sold at spas!  Its supposed to be unbelievably amazing, though.  I haven't tried it yet.  I'm waiting for date night with hubby since that tube is so small!

Latest posts

Back