Newest Model

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Style.com hails this young woman (girl?) as the newest face in the modeling world and says that she is not a classic beauty, but a striking one.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=tbar cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
icon.gif
</TD><TD align=right width="100%"></TD><TD width=8>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-----PAGE WELL STARTS-----><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><!-- ========== defined column 0 = 110 ========================= --><TD class=bodyedit vAlign=top width=110><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=247 bgColor=#fafaff> </TD><TD width=391 bgColor=#fafaff>
hed.gif

<!-- main text -->

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=8>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD>With her wide-set sober gaze, ivory brow, and bee-stung pout, Gemma Ward could be a Regency beauty—although she's actually a teenager from Perth, Australia. (Yes, that porcelain skin comes from a nation of devoted sun worshippers.) As the freshest—and, some would argue, oddest—face to emerge in the last few rounds of fashion shows, Ward is far removed from the prevailing runway population of exuberant Brazilian bombshells and coolly androgynous Northern Europeans, but her ethereal allure is hard to shake. She's already been shot by Steven Meisel for Miu Miu and Prada ad campaigns, walked the runway as a space alien for Alexander McQueen, and done covers of W and Vogue Italia. If this is the launch pad, imagine what the journey will look like. —Janet Ozzard

</TD><TD width=12>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

"Ethereal" is definitely the perfect word for her. The blue liner under her eyes doesn't look right, though. She looks so *young* though! She looks like a child, really. I wonder how old she is?

Ok, I did my research. I found out she is 16 years old. She is a cat walk and face model.

Here are two other pics of Gemma Ward:

gemmaward,0.jpg
gemma2.jpg

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea "Ethereal" is definitely the perfect word for her. The blue liner under her eyes doesn't look right, though.
She looks so *young* though! She looks like a child, really. I wonder how old she is?

Originally Posted by Californian Ok, I did my research. I found out she is 16 years old. She is a cat walk and face model. Okay, in the original photo you posted, she looked sweet and innocent and young (not 16). Now I can see her looking older in thse last pics. Scary, though. The one on the right has her looking dead - very creepy! I just don't know if I'd want my 16 yr old daughter modeling like that...maybe when she turned 18, but *shivers*...

LOLOLOL... I know! I saw more pics too and she is very very lithe. She looks so much older on the runway. Gee, I think you and I are the only ones on M.U.T. Know what I mean!!!! Sheesh. Is this a town???? Hello!!?

Oh well, at least we seem to enjoy each other. I think, at least, that we are pretty interesting and fun.
icon_rolleyes.gif

^5

Calif.

Originally Posted by Californian LOLOLOL... I know! I saw more pics too and she is very very lithe. She looks so much older on the runway. Gee, I think you and I are the only ones on M.U.T. Know what I mean!!!! Sheesh. Is this a town???? Hello!!?Oh well, at least we seem to enjoy each other. I think, at least, that we are pretty interesting and fun.
icon_rolleyes.gif

^5

Calif.

I enjoy you completely!
smile.gif
Hey, as long as you think I'm interesting and fun, it's all good. My hubby's online, too, but I think he's surfing elsewhere. It really is getting close to sleepytime though.
I'll need to look for more pics of her - definitely a different sort of beauty.

*BOO!* Did I scare ya?
wink.gif

She's made up like a kewpie doll...it's not even her (hence the change in later photos)...we're looking at her mirroring the alter egos of collected stylists-photographer-production crew. No wonder super models had a short but high altitude heyday...the divas still work, the riffraff look like this for a very short run(way).

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH She's made up like a kewpie doll...it's not even her (hence the change in later photos)...we're looking at her mirroring the alter egos of collected stylists-photographer-production crew. No wonder super models had a short but high altitude heyday...the divas still work, the riffraff look like this for a very short run(way). You said it exactly GR8. That first photo, she does look like a kewpie doll - she looks 12 or 13 yrs. old to me. The last one, she looks like a dead doll, or like she belongs in "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street." *shudders*

This is funny. Thanks for the imagery, Kage_s! LOL. ^5

Let's hope that she is not reading this post... eeeeeeek.

She's laughing all the way to the bank any how.

mutbanner5.gif

Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea You said it exactly GR8. That first photo, she does look like a kewpie doll - she looks 12 or 13 yrs. old to me. The last one, she looks like a dead doll, or like she belongs in "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street." *shudders*

I was thinking...my folks blessed me with good genes (almost wrote jeans...lol...)...smarts about a few things...idiocy about a number of others...a love for beauty in all its manifestations & an appreciation of pun & pundit...perhaps the best we all have is the ability to choose how we look at all & sundry & make life a gift to be unwrapped despite how it may appear...to laugh at ourselves when we're laughing at/about others & see our own flaws with the compassion we have for those less fortunate...

Awww, I didn't mean it meanly. LOL. I guess they made her look dark in that photo for a reason, but I don't think that's an "everyday" look - you know?
wink.gif

She is very innocent and ethereal-looking, very pretty. It just seems sacriligious or something, to make her look that dark and foreboding. She sort of reminds me of that little girl, Mary, in "Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital." An adorable little girl, even in death. But this model doesn't look "cute," she looks frightening. I hope she soon finds her niche in modeling, and not extremes as these pictures show.
icon_neutral.gif

Originally Posted by Californian This is funny. Thanks for the imagery, Kage_s! LOL. ^5Let's hope that she is not reading this post... eeeeeeek.

She's laughing all the way to the bank any how.

we're all modeling something to someone...M.U.T. knows we're the mirror & the message...

I agree that she looks frightening and that she can easily be made to look better. I just see your comment as an honest one, not a condemning one. I have no problem with it. I am nice to all people that I meet regardless of their looks. I think you are the same!

Originally Posted by GR8FISCH I was thinking...my folks blessed me with good genes (almost wrote jeans...lol...)...smarts about a few things...idiocy about a number of others...a love for beauty in all its manifestations & an appreciation of pun & pundit...perhaps the best we all have is the ability to choose how we look at all & sundry & make life a gift to be unwrapped despite how it may appear...to laugh at ourselves when we're laughing at/about others & see our own flaws with the compassion we have for those less fortunate... Amen!
smile.gif

(By the way,
icon_redface.gif
I hope ya'll don't think I was laughing at this model; I wasn't. She is very pretty. I just hope think it's a shame for someone that adorable to be made up to look so dark and foreboding. My best friend works as a mortician, and she tries to make the dead to look living, not vice versa. I assume this photo shoot probably was for a reason, though - interesting, whatever it was.)
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Californian I agree that she looks frightening and that she can easily be made to look better. I just see your comment as an honest one, not a condemning one. I have no problem with it. I am nice to all people that I meet regardless of their looks. I think you are the same! Thanks Cali! You hit the nail on the head. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, it's just odd to see the extremes of makeup artistry done to her. I'm nice to everyone I meet - after all, I was once the "ugly duckling" and I don't think it's fair to judge people according to their looks, because looks are merely physical. I guess I'm old-school about makeup though. I've never used a lot of it - I believe in using it to enhance my features, not to make me look completely different. That's where modeling and me don't agree. (I know that was bad grammar.) LOL

ahh...color as camoflage...wonder what the actor is trying to say in the instant of replacing one mask with another...perhaps a unique way of hiding in plain view...

I honestly am not too crazy about this model but I am happy with the concept of beauty taking on different dimensions. We seem to be moving away from the typical look that we've become accustomed to. Beauty seems to be taking all sorts of directions and I embrace that. Beauty doesnt necessarily mean having that perfect nose or color eyes, it has become more diverse.

my 2 cents..........LOL

BTw has anyone watched the Swan??

Originally Posted by Californian Style.com hails this young woman (girl?) as the newest face in the modeling world and says that she is not a classic beauty, but a striking one.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=tbar cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
icon.gif
</TD><TD align=right width="100%"></TD><TD width=8>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-----PAGE WELL STARTS-----><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><!-- ========== defined column 0 = 110 ========================= --><TD class=bodyedit vAlign=top width=110><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=247 bgColor=#fafaff> </TD><TD width=391 bgColor=#fafaff>
hed.gif

<!-- main text -->

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=8>
spacer.gif
</TD><TD>With her wide-set sober gaze, ivory brow, and bee-stung pout, Gemma Ward could be a Regency beauty—although she's actually a teenager from Perth, Australia. (Yes, that porcelain skin comes from a nation of devoted sun worshippers.) As the freshest—and, some would argue, oddest—face to emerge in the last few rounds of fashion shows, Ward is far removed from the prevailing runway population of exuberant Brazilian bombshells and coolly androgynous Northern Europeans, but her ethereal allure is hard to shake. She's already been shot by Steven Meisel for Miu Miu and Prada ad campaigns, walked the runway as a space alien for Alexander McQueen, and done covers of W and Vogue Italia. If this is the launch pad, imagine what the journey will look like. —Janet Ozzard

</TD><TD width=12>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Latest posts

Back