No Buy 2021?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought of a plan for the month of December to prepare for a No Buy 2021! For a No Buy, I have to be in the mood for it!

Countdown to No Buy New Year

Goal for December 1-10: Go through beauty products, take inventory, organize, make project use it up and project pan goals and lists. In recent months I have been decluttering a lot, buying a lot, and have not been using products. I don't even recall what I have any longer.

Goal for December 11-20: Make list of debts, bills, budget, financial goals for No Buy. My budget is out of control.

December 21-31: Buy last minute treats or essentials to stock up before No Buy starts.

Midnight January 1 2021 - No Buy!

I completed my goal to organize my cosmetics! I decluttered quite a bit, things that were old, that I did not really like. I now only have a select amount of things that are new, that I really love, organized nicely on shelves and in an acrylic makeup organizer. No more piles of boxes on the floor. Everything is where I can see it and access it easily.

I only have three lipsticks and three mascaras now, two powders, two tinted moisturizers, two palettes with blush and eye shadow, one contour stick, one bronzer, two eye pencils, a black and a green. I have two book shelves with bath and body, perfume, nail and skin care.

My idea now is that I will enjoy having a nicely organized, uncluttered collection after years of hoarding, and I will have a Low Buy where I keep it like that, with only one tiny beauty subscription to treat myself, either Birchbox or the small Ipsy Glam Bag. I already feel this fear of things piling up again. I wanted to get some of the bigger beauty boxes, was tempted, but afraid of having too much. I think this is a good thing!

So now I am going to organize my accounts for the next ten days. I just completed holiday shopping [not for myself].

Latest posts

Back