Not Impressed with Hautelook NYX Sale

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was really looking forward to this sale and I must say that I was really dissapointed. Not anything that interested me or that I thought was a good deal. Did anyone buy anything?

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hautelook sales have been less than impressive lately. And their shipping blows.

The shipping is such a pain. I know its because they have to wait for the other company to ship to them, then they ship to us, but omg it is so inconvenient.

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hautelook sales have been less than impressive lately. And their shipping blows.

Their shipping is freaking TERRIBLE!!! Alas, I have no self-control, so I bought about fifty bucks worth of stuff that is all very similar to products I already own. Might need to look into that whole "No Buy" thing ladies talk about on here...

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their shipping is freaking TERRIBLE!!! Alas, I have no self-control, so I bought about fifty bucks worth of stuff that is all very similar to products I already own. Might need to look into that whole "No Buy" thing ladies talk about on here...
Ain't no shame in your game :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have a love/hate relationship with no-buy's. They are good while they last, but I feel like I splurge hardcore once I'm off of them lol.

I always use the Amway site because their shipping is free for customers.  Plus their options are awesome.  Check it out!

Let me know if anyone needs the IBO# and IBO Key to sign up as a customer.

Cassie Walsh

*links removed by mod*

they didn't have the two products I want. The eyeshadows pencils in milk and hot pink. I really really want those colors, and the NYX website doesn't have the hot pink one on there anymore. =( 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The shipping is such a pain. I know its because they have to wait for the other company to ship to them, then they ship to us, but omg it is so inconvenient.
I placed an order with them on 2/22.  Still no shipping notice.  I have called them a couple of times over the last 4 days and their response was always "We are waiting from shipment from the company".  The second to last call I made they offered to refund my shipping.  Never saw it on my bank account.  Called today and finally asked for a supervisor.  She said that she would check with the warehouse and let me know what is going on.  I asked her why the first couple of times I called no one offered to do that.  She said that what they do is just normally push out and update their delivery date on your Hautelook account.  So apparently it is the customer's responsibility to keep checking their account for a shipping date and just wait.  I just today got an email confirming my shipping refund which makes me think it wasn't done until today when I spoke with the supervisor to let her know that I haven't seen it show up on my bank account.  I got an email back from the supervisor saying the warehouse said that the merch was supposed to be shipped from the company today.  Their CS sucks and the wait time for shipping is ridiculous.  NEVER using them again.

I was tempted, but talked myself out of it.  I've been wanting to try Nyx products, but figured I'd enjoy choosing my products in person more than "settling" for what was on sale.  I'm dabbling in a low buy and trying to be more mindful of my beauty spending, so I deleted the email after I lusted after a few of the items.

I was excited because I love NYX products but really didn't see anything that I wanted.  There's always one or two things in their kits that I don't like.  NYX is so reasonably priced I may as well just buy thing separately and only get products I know I'm going to love. That I just used my $30 code from TotalBeauty and I should get my big box of NYX goodies tomorrow!

Been wanting to try more NYX products- right now I just have a couple of their blushes and a lipstick. But I am avoiding Hautelook unless they come up with some killer deals. I ordered a couple pairs of gloves from them in January. They sent part of my order, but I just TODAY got an email saying the rest of my order shipped. It's not even cold anymore. What am I going to do with gloves in late March? Oh well. Cherryculture.com is having a 20% off sale on most stuff right now, and they have a great selection of NYX, so I might check that out, even though I've never used that site before. Trying to avoid the temptation but we all know how that goes.

Ugh I ordered way too much this time around. Blushes, lip gloss set, bronzer. Not to mention I ordered an Eve Pearl Concealer.

Latest posts

Back