Nu Me Hair Tools

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's about right for something labeled "mini", I have really curly hair and when I decided to get bangs I used a professional "mini" iron to straighten them. So that's about right size wise, but not price wise imo lol.

That is indeed narrow if the quarter is hanging off the edges.  I guess that's good for touch-ups.  How do you like it?

I came home to find mine waiting for me. I used it real quick on one side of my head to see if I could notice a difference.

I was surprised at how quickly it heated up for one and I noticed a dramatic difference. Again, this is completely new to me so I don't have a lot of experience to speak of but I'll look forward to learning how to use it.

My hair is curly and when dry, falls to just under my shoulderblades. This will probably take me some time to do my whole head but once I figure out what I am doing (and if I like the results) then I'll feel comfortable upgrading to a bigger one.

Did you get the mini?  Also, did the flat iron have floating plates or is that only for the vintage?  I am thinking about getting a petite since the mini looks a little too small for me.  I don't want to spring for a larger flat iron either because I have short hair (up to my shoulders) and would only use it as a way to smooth down my hair when I wake up in the morning.  The only problem about short shoulder length hair is that it puffs up in the back.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I came home to find mine waiting for me. I used it real quick on one side of my head to see if I could notice a difference.

I was surprised at how quickly it heated up for one and I noticed a dramatic difference. Again, this is completely new to me so I don't have a lot of experience to speak of but I'll look forward to learning how to use it.

My hair is curly and when dry, falls to just under my shoulderblades. This will probably take me some time to do my whole head but once I figure out what I am doing (and if I like the results) then I'll feel comfortable upgrading to a bigger one.
Also, did any one order the petite? If you did, let me know the dimensions.  Its supposed to be bigger than the mini but smaller than the vintage? Does that mean its plates are about 3/4ths of an inch?

I got the mini as well. I'm not sure what you mean by floating plates however, this is all new territory for me.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get the mini?  Also, did the flat iron have floating plates or is that only for the vintage?  I am thinking about getting a petite since the mini looks a little too small for me.  I don't want to spring for a larger flat iron either because I have short hair (up to my shoulders) and would only use it as a way to smooth down my hair when I wake up in the morning.  The only problem about short shoulder length hair is that it puffs up in the back.

Also, did any one order the petite? If you did, let me know the dimensions.  Its supposed to be bigger than the mini but smaller than the vintage? Does that mean its plates are about 3/4ths of an inch?

Geez... maybe I'll cash in that coupon so I can give my nephews hampster a formal updo.

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's a better picture. I used a quarter for size comparison.

I gave it a spin today. It does heat up quickly and works alright. It would probably work better if I had more patience to section my hair out a bit more. So I'd say good for travel or a gig bag for touch ups.  You might have have better luck than I did if you have shorter and thinner hair. Mine goes all the way down my back and even though I get it thinned out...it's still A LOT of hair. On the plus side, I am inspired to get a full sized flat iron. Not sure which brand yet though. I'll have to do some research.

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I gave it a spin today. It does heat up quickly and works alright. It would probably work better if I had more patience to section my hair out a bit more. So I'd say good for travel or a gig bag for touch ups.  You might have have better luck than I did if you have shorter and thinner hair. Mine goes all the way down my back and even though I get it thinned out...it's still A LOT of hair. On the plus side, I am inspired to get a full sized flat iron. Not sure which brand yet though. I'll have to do some research.
It took me about 30 mins to do my whole head though Im sure with practice, that might get a little better.

I've never had straight hair before so this has been a really interesting experiment. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

First time with straight hair. I'm not sure what to think of it but I'm going to play with it a bit and see if I can make it work. 

I forgot to get a before pic so here is one from not too long ago with my usual hair:

Nume's big thing is that their vintage (full size) flat iron has "floating" plates so that the plates move a little while you straighten your hair. It supposed to prevent the awful "creasing"
 sort of like when you see girls who have straight hair up until a certain part near their roots where you can see the line of where the flat iron made a "crease" line.  It's pretty unflattering and hard to avoid. 

So what you would want to look for to see if the plates are "floating" is to gently press on one of the plates and see if it sort of moves from side to side like it's on a gel plane. Don't pull too hard or try to strain it...it should move naturally.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the mini as well. I'm not sure what you mean by floating plates however, this is all new territory for me.

Thanks for the instruction! 

These are not floating, they are very firmly attached with no give.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nume's big thing is that their vintage (full size) flat iron has "floating" plates so that the plates move a little while you straighten your hair. It supposed to prevent the awful "creasing"
 sort of like when you see girls who have straight hair up until a certain part near their roots where you can see the line of where the flat iron made a "crease" line.  It's pretty unflattering and hard to avoid. 

So what you would want to look for to see if the plates are "floating" is to gently press on one of the plates and see if it sort of moves from side to side like it's on a gel plane. Don't pull too hard or try to strain it...it should move naturally.

@Pancua-my hair is pretty curly and I flat iron it about 3-4 times a week. I have a mini flat iron that I use for my bangs. I can't imagine trying to straighten my whole head of hair with a min flat iron, it would be a nightmare. I paid $30 for my Remington Wet 2 Dry flat iron and its awesome. IMO you would  be better off with something like that to straighten a full head of hair.

Hey did you ever get your petite flat iron?  I'm curious as to what it looks like.

Originally Posted by BehindtheLashes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just ordered the petite, I'll get you guys pics as soon as I get it.

OMG I almost forgot to show you!!!  I got it last week I think.  Here is it next to March's bag to help with size.  The plates don't seem that much bigger from the mini one (from the pic that was posted before).  I'm glad that I only spent like $25 or so on it.

Back