nude lipliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i'm looking for a nude liner. the closest one i've come across is dior's nude liner (i wrote a review on it), but i just noticed that it has a little gold in it, which i don't want.

any suggestions?

i did some research online and i checked out chanel's, but that doesn't look nude. i've looked at bobbi brown's, but her nude isn't nude, either. i'm looking for something that matches my skin (LLL).

thanks!

I am a total MAC junkie (like that is news to you all) but how about Whirl? I like that color and looking at your pic, it might be a good color for you. Or maybe Dervish?

Originally Posted by Marisol I am a total MAC junkie (like that is news to you all) but how about Whirl? I like that color and looking at your pic, it might be a good color for you. Or maybe Dervish? i hated whirl, for some reason! i heard raves about, but was disappointed when i got it. i swapped it away. i THINK i also had dervish, but i'm not sure. the only liner from MAC i really like is subculture. thanks for the suggestion, though!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bonbon412 I like Clinique's Neutralizer lip liner. It matches my lips perfectly! ah, sorry if i wasn't clear! i want something that makes my lips look like i have... no lips LOL thanks for the suggestion, though!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer i'm looking for a nude liner. the closest one i've come across is dior's nude liner (i wrote a review on it), but i just noticed that it has a little gold in it, which i don't want.
any suggestions?

i did some research online and i checked out chanel's, but that doesn't look nude. i've looked at bobbi brown's, but her nude isn't nude, either. i'm looking for something that matches my skin (LLL).

thanks!

i dont really use a liner.the only thing i have used really was stila contour #1

Originally Posted by Jennifer i hated whirl, for some reason! i heard raves about, but was disappointed when i got it. i swapped it away. i THINK i also had dervish, but i'm not sure. the only liner from MAC i really like is subculture. thanks for the suggestion, though!
smile.gif

ah, sorry if i wasn't clear! i want something that makes my lips look like i have... no lips LOL thanks for the suggestion, though!
smile.gif

Woops! OK I didn't read too carefully, but now I see where you said the color of your skin
smile.gif
Not sure on that one...I can't pull of that look!

Originally Posted by bonbon412 Woops! OK I didn't read too carefully, but now I see where you said the color of your skin
smile.gif
Not sure on that one...I can't pull of that look! MAC's fleshpot gives me that look and it looks decent, but it's so freakin' drying!
anyway, the reason why i'm looking for it is because i have very pigmented rosy lips and i wanna tone it down so i can actually pull off the color of a lipstick i like (MAC's plink!)!

Originally Posted by Anya1976 the only thing i have used really was stila contour #1 what color is that? i've never heard of the contour.

Hmmm, since everyone's natural lip color are so different-lip colors are all gonna look different. Maybe check out Nars liners in Sardinia, Jilted Love or Fantasia. They might have a little too much color than your looking for, but you could check them out. Or maybe Il Makiage's nude liner, I think it's a little lighter than most nude liners. I'll go through my stash and see if I find anything else you might be able to use.

1951019.jpg

This is "flesh" by Ulta - this a pretty nude... I usually don't do nude liners - but this is pretty close to skin color. (With a very slight hint of pink)

thanks for replying, girls!

i'm actually looking for a liner that would make my lips look like this...

selects_390.jpg

i already have a lipstick like that, but i want a liner.

THANKS AGAIN!
smile.gif

Ah yes, I was going to suggest Subculture. Hmm.... Trisha has a favorite nude liner from Stila...

Originally Posted by Jennifer anyway, the reason why i'm looking for it is because i have very pigmented rosy lips and i wanna tone it down so i can actually pull off the color of a lipstick i like (MAC's plink!)! If you want to tone down your rosy lips, maybe you could get a lip primer like the one Benefit has. Here is the description. I use it because my lips are very pigmented and I use it to sort of give them a a bare canveas to work with(I don't know if that makes sense).Lip Plump

Get a full sexy pout with this flesh-colored lip primer. It fills in lines and builds up the contour of the lips, giving them a fuller, smoother look. That's how your kisser will look and feel, smooth and luscious.

P1285_hero.jpg

I also found a lip liner from Smashbox. Here is the color. It is called Smashing Pro (Light Nude Pink).
812909_sw.jpg

Hmmmm, NYX or Prestige has a pencil that would be perfect...I just can't seem to find it right now. I know it was one of those lines though.

I do that NUDE lip look all the time Jennifer & i found the best lipliner for me was Rimmel Get Up & Go Lipliner. Let us know what you end up getting
biggrin.gif

Victoria Secret has a lip primer that is similar to the Benefit one - except it's in a stick - I actually thought it was concealer
icon_redface.gif
- but it totally covers lips . Its called

"Pleasingly Plump" Lip Enchancer.

This is very helpful to me. I use various shades of nude lipliners all the time because I hate the "obvious liner" look on my lips.

I use Chanel "nude" - a darker nude (good for darker lipstick shades)

Clinique "Blush" - pinkish nude

I'm going to try your other suggestions here though.

i swear you girls are THE BEST!

marisol, i actually tried that at sephora and it had the consistency of a concealer! i didn't like it. thank you, though!

envy, i've never seen an NYX product - ever. they don't sell them here. we do have prestige, though, and i've heard good things about their eyeliners, so i'll look into this lipliner. thanks
smile.gif

trisha, the swatch looks a little dark. is it lighter than that?

laura, the closest store that sells rimmel is 50 mins. away and i never go there. thanks, though
frown.gif

janelle, i'm gonna look into that VS one! thanks!

amethyst, chanel's "nude" is far from nude! it came out brown on me. i used that back in the day and didn't like it. thanks!

THANKS AGAIN, EVERYONE!!!

Originally Posted by Trisha Yep the swatch shows it as quite dark but it isnt, much lighter! x thanks so much!

Originally Posted by Jennifer i swear you girls are THE BEST!
marisol, i actually tried that at sephora and it had the consistency of a concealer! i didn't like it. thank you, though!

envy, i've never seen an NYX product - ever. they don't sell them here. we do have prestige, though, and i've heard good things about their eyeliners, so i'll look into this lipliner. thanks
smile.gif

trisha, the swatch looks a little dark. is it lighter than that?

laura, the closest store that sells rimmel is 50 mins. away and i never go there. thanks, though
frown.gif

janelle, i'm gonna look into that VS one! thanks!

amethyst, chanel's "nude" is far from nude! it came out brown on me. i used that back in the day and didn't like it. thanks!

THANKS AGAIN, EVERYONE!!!

you might not like the VS - its kinda like concealer too... maybe a tad creamier... but worth a shot if you can test it first..
tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back