oceanique???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going to be buying a few shadows next week is this enough of a cool color to get? or is it not as unique as it sounds?

i think i am also getting prose and fancy

Originally Posted by Anya1976 I am going to be buying a few shadows next week is this enough of a cool color to get? or is it not as unique as it sounds?i think i am also getting prose and fancy

The Prose and Fancy is pretty cool - it looks green in pics (almost like Meadowland) but IRL - it's more of a muted blue-green... (see pic... little better of an idea) I thought the Oceanique was a little too similar to stuff I have already, so I didn't get it... but if you see it in person, and you like it, then go for it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 The Prose and Fancy is pretty cool - it looks green in pics (almost like Meadowland) but IRL - it's more of a muted blue-green... (see pic... little better of an idea) I thought the Oceanique was a little too similar to stuff I have already, so I didn't get it... but if you see it in person, and you like it, then go for it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
yer not helpin janelle lolwhat do you have that is similar to oceanique so i get kind of an idea.

(i am also gonna ask if they have any tres teal mineralizes left i know some places still have them)

Originally Posted by Anya1976 yer not helpin janelle lolwhat do you have that is similar to oceanique so i get kind of an idea.

(i am also gonna ask if they have any tres teal mineralizes left i know some places still have them)

It's kind of like a muted down Brill. A little less of a bright green - but I think I could get a similar look if I put on Brill with a light touch. I dunno I might pick it up eventually, just to pair with something else when I want a little more muted look. (And just because I like buying shadows!) lol
icon_redface.gif

Oceanique is a pretty light taupe with some frost. I don't have anything like it, but if you're gonna buy from the D'Bohemia collection, I like D'Bohemia & Bagatelle the best, as eyeshadows go. And I LOVE Flash of Flesh lipglass.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Anya1976 yer not helpin janelle lolwhat do you have that is similar to oceanique so i get kind of an idea.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Oceanique is a pretty light taupe with some frost. I don't have anything like it, but if you're gonna buy from the D'Bohemia collection, I like D'Bohemia & Bagatelle the best, as eyeshadows go. And I LOVE Flash of Flesh lipglass.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i'll have to check those out but d'bohemia looks more orangy than i would EVER wear lol

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i'll have to check those out but d'bohemia looks more orangy than i would EVER wear lol It's like Paradisco, but with more pigment.
But oh, just wait until C-Squeeze comes out! Orange shadows galore!

i like oceanique. it's not so glittery with big glitter particles, but it's shimmery. it looks silver in the pot, but it looks kind of gold/taupe color when you put it on. it's like it adapts to your skin color.

Hmmm... I might have to take another look at that.
icon_wink.gif
The lights in there might have made it seem a little different..
wink.gif

oh, i also like bagatelle. it's kind of similar to the tan color that's in the brown diana eyes palette though, maybe a tad lighter.

Bagatelle is cool because it comes off as a muted gold on the skin. I've recommended it to people who want a gold shadow but are scared by something like Goldmine or Amber Lights.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Liz oh, i also like bagatelle. it's kind of similar to the tan color that's in the brown diana eyes palette though, maybe a tad lighter.

Originally Posted by Liz oh, i also like bagatelle. it's kind of similar to the tan color that's in the brown diana eyes palette though, maybe a tad lighter. It's similar to woodwinked, just a little lighter... similar finish though... (see pic)

Originally Posted by Joyeuux It's like Paradisco, but with more pigment.
But oh, just wait until C-Squeeze comes out! Orange shadows galore!

paradisco isn't a shade i'd ever own, so i don't think i'll be getting d'bohemia

Originally Posted by Liz i like oceanique. it's not so glittery with big glitter particles, but it's shimmery. it looks silver in the pot, but it looks kind of gold/taupe color when you put it on. it's like it adapts to your skin color. hhm that sounds like something i'd buy then

definitely swipe the oceanique on your hand so you can see how it kind of changes on your skin tone.

Originally Posted by Liz definitely swipe the oceanique on your hand so you can see how it kind of changes on your skin tone. i will do that
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back