October 2013 -- No/Low Buy Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My insurance made the sweet raybans I picked out to only be $20. The lenses made it hurt. I guess $450 isn't horrific since without insurance that would've easily been a $900+ visit & purchase! Good thing I feel burnt out on make up shopping anyway.

I had that same thing happen to me this month too! I got some cute Juice Couture frames though. I would have preferred the $650 Jimmy Choo ones, but the ones I chose will do.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My insurance made the sweet raybans I picked out to only be $20. The lenses made it hurt. I guess $450 isn't horrific since without insurance that would've easily been a $900+ visit & purchase!

Good thing I feel burnt out on make up shopping anyway.
Oh, lucky. My insurance (health not eye insurance) only covers injuries, no lenses or anything. Now that I wear glasses though I am going to look into getting a separate eye insurance in case I break anything. (I only wear my glasses while driving and at work, but I have to run alot while working an I can just see my glasses falling off my face and being stepped on!)

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no!  And 
blink.gif
 on the advance notice for firing, that is odd!  I hope you're able to find a (much better!) job soon!

I'm sorry about that! I hope you find something soon xo

Thanks guys. To be honest I've spent most of the weekend in a state of mild depression but I'm pulling it together before I head into work tomorrow :/  I guess it could always be worse.  I'm not exactly living paycheck to paycheck  but I have a lot of student loan debt and not much savings so if I'm unemployed it's going to be rough.

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm gonna have to join the November thread once it's up.  I was told Friday I'm probably going to be fired (long story) so money matters just got depressing for little old me.
Oh no! I hope you find a new and better opportunity very soon 
heart.gif

Quote:Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's so amazing!  Great job!  Haha is your wallet finally uncurling from the fetal position? 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've done well this month, too.  For some reason, setting a $ limit is working much better than an "I can buy this many of that thing, and NONE of these!"  My brain seems to take that as a challenge.  A dollar limit lets me be so much more flexible!

You have no idea! I know that I was spending WAYYYYY too much money, but I didn't realize just how much until I spent like, uh, none and saw what my checking account looked like! It was quite the nice surprise! But I'm heavily contemplating the Benefit Advent calendar.... must.say.no.

Don't do it!!! But yeah, I like how my bank account looks when I'm not shopping. Next, my boyfriend and I gotta work on not eating out. Whenever we're out of food we end up going out to dinner until we hit the grocery store... Yup. Adds up quick! I also looove MUT because I love trading but looking back on my past trades, shipping definitely adds up! My boyfriend makes fun of be since I'm still "paying for makeup" by way of shipping. Whatever, man.

Quote:Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's so amazing!  Great job!  Haha is your wallet finally uncurling from the fetal position? 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I've done well this month, too.  For some reason, setting a $ limit is working much better than an "I can buy this many of that thing, and NONE of these!"  My brain seems to take that as a challenge.  A dollar limit lets me be so much more flexible!

You have no idea! I know that I was spending WAYYYYY too much money, but I didn't realize just how much until I spent like, uh, none and saw what my checking account looked like! It was quite the nice surprise! But I'm heavily contemplating the Benefit Advent calendar.... must.say.no.

Quote: Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha yes!  I hear you!  I can buy ALL the sales and good deals, but ultimately, I'm still spending money!

Question for everyone... how do you handle getting some unexpected $?  I asked for a refund for my Bondi subs (2 months, so $40).  I kind of want to spend it on duplicate polishes for the ones I won't get now.  Or I can put it towards the Winter Allure Box.  Or maybe the Benefit Advent Calendar?  It's possible I have this money spent in my head at least 3x over, even if it hasn't hit my account yet!

Also, I'm looking for a new sub.  Can't decide between Sample Society or something less makeup-y/skincare-y.  

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Haha yes!  I hear you!  I can buy ALL the sales and good deals, but ultimately, I'm still spending money!

Question for everyone... how do you handle getting some unexpected $?  I asked for a refund for my Bondi subs (2 months, so $40).  I kind of want to spend it on duplicate polishes for the ones I won't get now.  Or I can put it towards the Winter Allure Box.  Or maybe the Benefit Advent Calendar?  It's possible I have this money spent in my head at least 3x over, even if it hasn't hit my account yet!

Also, I'm looking for a new sub.  Can't decide between Sample Society or something less makeup-y/skincare-y.  
The good-girl answer would be "save the $40 anyway!" but if you're set on spending it I'd say the Benefit Advent Calendar looks very tempting 
beer.gif

LOL that's probably too enabling, sorry.

Don't do it!!!

But yeah, I like how my bank account looks when I'm not shopping. Next, my boyfriend and I gotta work on not eating out. Whenever we're out of food we end up going out to dinner until we hit the grocery store... Yup. Adds up quick!

This is our biggest problem - eating out or grabbing quick meals from somewhere. It makes a huge difference if we take 30 minutes on the weekend and plan the week's meals before we go grocery shopping. Turns out we have a ton of meat in our freezer that we forget about when we try to figure out what to eat an hour before dinner.

Back