Office Makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am struggling to find a pretty office makeup look.

Can anyone help with some eyeshadow combo's and lipstick Colors for the office?! (preferably not too expensive products and if you have any application tips) Thanks!!!! Dallasgirl
icon_lol.gif

EYESHADOW COLORS:

Eyeliner:

Lipstick:

Lipgloss if used:

Lip Pencil:

Blush:

& Welcome to MuT DallasGirl! Glad to have you w/us & know you'll enjoy yourself here.
smile.gif

As far as office makeup goes, b/c I'm a minimalist, this is what I use:

EYESHADOW COLORS: IF I'm in the mood to wear e/s, I use soft browns, tans, light pinks w/a soft purple crease

Eyeliner: plum or dark green

Lipstick: medium pink or nudes--very natural, MLBB (my lips but better) shades

Lipgloss if used: clear or a pinkish-nude; for the most part, I stay away from l/g @ the office

Lip Pencil: n/a, but MAC Spice, Chanel Nude, WnW 666 & 712 are great

Blush: Bonne Bell Glimmer Bronze in Gold 'n Glitz (loose powder bronzer) or WnW Pearlescent Pink; I also try to keep the shimmer to a minimum, but these 2 products are natural w/out looking too out there.

HTH!
smile.gif

definitely nothing too out there. i ditto the neutrals with browns, creams, light pinks maybe. you can do a whole eye shadow wash in a light shimmery color and line your eyes with a brown shade with some mascara.

i wouldn't do a blush that's too bright or shimmery.

i only have mac products, so i don't know what else to recommend. i don't think they're too expensive though. their shadows are only $13 each. And you can get like a blush double to save $ or something.

Wow, you gals are on top of things
smile.gif
Thanks for all the tips so far!! I get kinda overwhelmed when all the colors are in front of me and so many of them look different on than in the container and in outdoor lighting etc. So could you guys give me some of the actual names/and brands of the shadow combos you use. Mac isn't too expensive.

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 definitely nothing too out there. i ditto the neutrals with browns, creams, light pinks maybe. you can do a whole eye shadow wash in a light shimmery color and line your eyes with a brown shade with some mascara.
i wouldn't do a blush that's too bright or shimmery.

i only have mac products, so i don't know what else to recommend. i don't think they're too expensive though. their shadows are only $13 each. And you can get like a blush double to save $ or something.

Originally Posted by DallasGirl I am struggling to find a pretty office makeup look.
Can anyone help with some eyeshadow combo's and lipstick Colors for the office?! (preferably not too expensive products and if you have any application tips) Thanks!!!! Dallasgirl
icon_lol.gif

EYESHADOW COLORS:

Eyeliner:

Lipstick:

Lipgloss if used:

Lip Pencil:

Blush:

What kind of office do you work in and what kind of clothes do you normally wear to work? What is your skintone- do you have pics of yourself?

SHadows- you should definitely stick to neutrals(browns, greys, beige)

Eyeliner- should stick to brown or black or grey(depending on your eyecolor)

Blush-neutral colors are best(depending on your skintone either bronze, neutral peaches or the same color you turn when your slightly blushing)

Lips- should also stay neutral with natural looking peaches, nude-pinks, or lightly shimmered beiges ( I always stayed away from gloss when I worked in an office)

For cheaper brands...Prestige Cosmetics are available at most drugstores and some beauty supply stores and I think their quality is the best for DS brands. All the prices for their eye stuff or lip stuff should be $5 or less. The waterproof eyeliners last all day and the lipsticks and liners are great colors and they last as well.

I put a pic up under my profile.......I have no idea why it is not showing under my name in posts?! Does it take a day or two for them to review it?!

I am fair complected, brown hair, blue eyes

I'm a legal assistant, but I still need a little color at work
smile.gif

Thanks for the tips.........and nice to meet you
smile.gif

Originally Posted by envymi What kind of office do you work in and what kind of clothes do you normally wear to work? What is your skintone- do you have pics of yourself? SHadows- you should definitely stick to neutrals(browns, greys, beige)

Eyeliner- should stick to brown or black or grey(depending on your eyecolor)

Blush-neutral colors are best(depending on your skintone either bronze, neutral peaches or the same color you turn when your slightly blushing)

Lips- should also stay neutral with natural looking peaches, nude-pinks, or lightly shimmered beiges ( I always stayed away from gloss when I worked in an office)

For cheaper brands...Prestige Cosmetics are available at most drugstores and some beauty supply stores and I think their quality is the best for DS brands. All the prices for their eye stuff or lip stuff should be $5 or less. The waterproof eyeliners last all day and the lipsticks and liners are great colors and they last as well.

Originally Posted by DallasGirl I put a pic up under my profile.......I have no idea why it is not showing under my name in posts?! Does it take a day or two for them to review it?!
I am fair complected, brown hair, blue eyes

I'm a legal assistant, but I still need a little color at work
smile.gif

Thanks for the tips.........and nice to meet you
smile.gif

Oh, ok, didn't see the pic before. If you want it to show when you post, you have to put it as your avatar
With your color, you could even go with a more bronze colored eye and rosy lips could work on you too. What kind of makeup do you wear now? What kind of price range are you looking for?

some of us have some pics of mac eye shadows in our notepads. trisha has a bunch of pics of mac shadows, and i have some also if you want to check our notepads out.

as far as neutral mac shadows, here's a list i suggest:

creams:

-naked lunch

-shroom

-vanilla

-beaded

browns:

-wedge

-era

-cork

darker browns:

-mulch

-bronze

-woodwinked

-embark (i use this as a liner most of the time when I do brown shadows or do a wash with shroom)

light pinks:

-grain

-hush

-jest

-gleam

i also like this little stila set that looks like it would be good for office mu:

http://www.stilacosmetics.com/templa...CT_ID=PROD7847

i don't much about blushes though, so i can't really give you any names of any that would work.

Thanks for everyones great suggestions, it's great to meet all of you!!! I will definitely be doing some mu shopping soon!! I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by lizzyb831 oh, and welcome dallasgirl!

If you want to get a great deal on quality products, check this out. I've tried different variations of this kit a few years back & have to say that it's great. The value is amazing & you can experiment to find a suitable daytime/office look & still pump it up for evenings.

Welcome Dallasgirl!! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to have you here! BTW, you are so pretty! I'm sure whatever makeup you wear will look great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
For basic day makeup at work, I can wear pretty much anything... but for a muted, casual look - I'm all about the browns!

I like MAC:

Retrospeck

Llama

Arena

Mulch

Espresso

Brun

Cork

I love MAC Powerpoint liners... I have Engraved (Black) & Stubborn Brown

I usually always wear light pink lipsticks, and right now I am using (and loving!) MAC Viva Glam V & Flutterby :icon_love

Hi Dallasgirl-

Welcome to MUT. The girls here have given you tons of suggestions. Just wanted to say hi and enjoy the forums. I look forward to getting to know you!

Hey Janelle, pleasure to meet you!! I have been reading your reviews for about a month and you taught me how to apply my eyeshadow in your notebook
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks for the tips, I noticed you had 2 Ulta shadows in your day wear makeup on your notebook......what colors are those they look really pretty.

Oh and thanks for the very sweet compliment!!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Welcome Dallasgirl!! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to have you here! BTW, you are so pretty! I'm sure whatever makeup you wear will look great!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
For basic day makeup at work, I can wear pretty much anything... but for a muted, casual look - I'm all about the browns!
I like MAC:

Retrospeck

Llama

Arena

Mulch

Espresso

Brun

Cork

I love MAC Powerpoint liners... I have Engraved (Black) & Stubborn Brown

I usually always wear light pink lipsticks, and right now I am using (and loving!) MAC Viva Glam V & Flutterby :icon_love

Originally Posted by DallasGirl

I am struggling to find a pretty office makeup look.
icon_lol.gif

EYESHADOW COLORS:

Eyeliner:

Lipstick:

Lipgloss if used:

Lip Pencil:

Blush:

Welcome to MUT!

Originally Posted by DallasGirl Hey Janelle, pleasure to meet you!! I have been reading your reviews for about a month and you taught me how to apply my eyeshadow in your notebook
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Thanks for the tips, I noticed you had 2 Ulta shadows in your day wear makeup on your notebook......what colors are those they look really pretty.

Oh and thanks for the very sweet compliment!!

Hey Girl,You're welcome! You're very pretty!!
smile.gif
Those are "Lustre" and "Mink" (I just replied to your email) those shadows are great for everyday.... you can vary how dark/bold they come out by how you apply it... it can be light for daytime, then a little more of the Mink, and wa-la... night look!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And I'm glad I've been able to help you out! I'm flattered! I didn't think anyone read them!!! :icon_love Awww... I'm blushing! LOL
icon_redface.gif
thanks!

NyAngel, while I have your attention....do you use a primer or just foundation under your shadow....or anyone else out there?!? If you do use a primer what kind do u think is best?!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Hey Girl,You're welcome! You're very pretty!!
smile.gif
Those are "Lustre" and "Mink" (I just replied to your email) those shadows are great for everyday.... you can vary how dark/bold they come out by how you apply it... it can be light for daytime, then a little more of the Mink, and wa-la... night look!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And I'm glad I've been able to help you out! I'm flattered! I didn't think anyone read them!!! :icon_love Awww... I'm blushing! LOL
icon_redface.gif
thanks!

A lot of us here use Urban Decay Primer Potion. Trisha and Tracey swear by it and I love it too. Janelle hasn't had the best of luck with it (its more to do with the product packaging). I think she uses one from Ultima II.

Latest posts

Back