Oily skinned girls????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
have any of you tried MAC's oil control lotion? i've seen mixed reviews on it but it has no reviews here. i was thinkin about getting it but it's kinda pricey and if it sucks i don't wanna have wasted the cash.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i'm pretty sure you can return it if you don't like/want it. yea i'm sure i can but it's the hassle of getting the car and driving back i hate that.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 have any of you tried MAC's oil control lotion? i've seen mixed reviews on it but it has no reviews here. i was thinkin about getting it but it's kinda pricey and if it sucks i don't wanna have wasted the cash. you can always return it though right?
i want to super cleansing oil or whatever it's called, but that $$ could be going towards something else. lol

I tried it in the store... but it was kinda pricey. It seems like the Clinique Mattifying lotion I already have, (which is cheaper I believe) so I didn't get it... got another palette instead! LOL
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Liz you can always return it though right?
i want to super cleansing oil or whatever it's called, but that $$ could be going towards something else. lol

my fave face wash is neutrogena's foaming face wash that stuff gets make up off wonderfully and it's cheap.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I tried it in the store... but it was kinda pricey. It seems like the Clinique Mattifying lotion I already have, (which is cheaper I believe) so I didn't get it... got another palette instead! LOL
wink.gif
nothing keeps me matte (at least that i've tried so far) i have hopes for a miracle.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 have any of you tried MAC's oil control lotion? i've seen mixed reviews on it but it has no reviews here. i was thinkin about getting it but it's kinda pricey and if it sucks i don't wanna have wasted the cash. Ask 'em for a little sample!
But see if you can get a hold of some MAC matte texture. My co-workers have been raving about it!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux Ask 'em for a little sample!
But see if you can get a hold of some MAC matte texture. My co-workers have been raving about it!

is that new Joy?i had some mac matte and it didn't do anything for me at all just made me oilier.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 is that new Joy?i had some mac matte and it didn't do anything for me at all just made me oilier.

No, it's the old silicone primer -- but relatively hard to find now, since MAC is phasing it out. Was that the one you tried?

Originally Posted by Joyeuux No, it's the old silicone primer -- but relatively hard to find now, since MAC is phasing it out. Was that the one you tried? yea, i swapped it away. it didnt do anything for me an hour later i was a oil slick again.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 yea, i swapped it away. it didnt do anything for me an hour later i was a oil slick again. I'm in love with the blot powder!! No 'extra makeup' feel...but no shine either. It's bliss!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm in love with the blot powder!! No 'extra makeup' feel...but no shine either. It's bliss!
smile.gif
i have it, but i still get shinies i have to reapply a few times.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I'm in love with the blot powder!! No 'extra makeup' feel...but no shine either. It's bliss!
smile.gif
questionf or ya you use the dark i have medium/dark how much darker is the dark? cus i am thinkin of getting dark

i should get the blot powder, but does it give you a kind of powdery look? cause i use a tinted moisturizer.

Originally Posted by Liz i should get the blot powder, but does it give you a kind of powdery look? cause i use a tinted moisturizer. i never get a powdery look.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 nothing keeps me matte (at least that i've tried so far) i have hopes for a miracle. Did you see my post a few weeks ago for Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder? My face always gets oily after 2-3 hours regardless of my makeup, and I even use an oil-control gel recommended by my dermatologist (Clinac OC -- it's non prescription but most pharmacies don't keep it in stock, but you can ask them to order it). Even when I don't wear makeup, after 3 hours I can see and feel a gross layer of oil on my face.
But when I tried the CG loose powder, my face is completely matte after 3 hours and is barely shiny at the end of the day, with no touch-ups! Usually my face is like a mud slide at the end of the day! It really is my miracle product! So it's definitely something to check out, it's only $5!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by girl_geek Did you see my post a few weeks ago for Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder? My face always gets oily after 2-3 hours regardless of my makeup, and I even use an oil-control gel recommended by my dermatologist (Clinac OC -- it's non prescription but most pharmacies don't keep it in stock, but you can ask them to order it). Even when I don't wear makeup, after 3 hours I can see and feel a gross layer of oil on my face.
But when I tried the CG loose powder, my face is completely matte after 3 hours and is barely shiny at the end of the day, with no touch-ups! Usually my face is like a mud slide at the end of the day! It really is my miracle product! So it's definitely something to check out, it's only $5!
smile.gif

hhm i might have to check it out. thanks for the tip
smile.gif

Me either - that's what I like about it. I hate to powder and then look like I powdered. LOL! I just want it to look like my skin, but not shiny, and MAC Blot fits the bill.
smile.gif

BTW, Angela... have you tried using milk of magnesia to keep oilies at bay? I've tried it, but for my normal skin, it dried me out. However, if you're truly oily, I can imagine this might work well for you.

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme Me either - that's what I like about it. I hate to powder and then look like I powdered. LOL! I just want it to look like my skin, but not shiny, and MAC Blot fits the bill.
smile.gif

BTW, Angela... have you tried using milk of magnesia to keep oilies at bay? I've tried it, but for my normal skin, it dried me out. However, if you're truly oily, I can imagine this might work well for you.

no i hadnt tried it yet.... but if it really does work i can try it and its cheap lol

Latest posts

Back