Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

Notes:

To get that taste, let the sauce simmer as long as you can!

Ingredients:

1 pint of Heavy Cream

1 stick of butter

2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese

1/2 - 3/4 C. Parmesan cheese

1 tsp. Garlic powder

Preparation:

In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and Garlic powder. Simmer this for 15 - 20 minutes on low. You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper.

I have done this with half and half, but we prefer the heavy cream. But I wouldn't try it with plain milk.

adding cream cheese to cream sauces is an excellent trick to keep them emulsified. cream sauces have the annoying tendency to break if you get too busy tending to something else in the kitchen.

another thing to do for bechamel sauces with cheese (mornay) or any sauce with cheese is to add some lemon juice to prevent the cheese from getting stringy. the parmesan cheese in alfredo sauce loves to get stringy.

There is my Culanary artist!!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by haloinrverse

adding cream cheese to cream sauces is an excellent trick to keep them emulsified. cream sauses have the annoying tendency to break if you get too busy tending to something else in the kitchen.
another thing to do for bechamel sauces with cheese (mornay) or any sauce with cheese is to add some lemon juice to prevent the cheese from getting stringy. the parmesan cheese in alfredo sauce loves to get stringy.

Mmmmm... that sounds goooood! You guys are making me HUNGRY!!! I absolutley LOVE cheese, and I love Olive Garden even more!!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Thanks Tony!

tony, because you put the idea in my head, i just had to have alfreco sauce last night!

my new thing is reading food science books. the chemistry behind cooking is really interesting.

Alfredo or Alfreco
wink.gif

Originally Posted by haloinrverse

tony, because you put the idea in my head, i just had to have alfreco sauce last night!
my new thing is reading food science books. the chemistry behind cooking is really interesting.

Latest posts

Back