Open toes in cold weather?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just wondering how can ya wear open toes in cold weather? 

I bought some ankle boots and they are so nice but have open toes 

would it look stupid to wear socks? Or if I paired them with a skirt is it possible to get away with tights :/ 

I got new boots and a new skirt and I haven't got to wear them for weeks

Without a picture, it'd be hard to say.  If your only exposure to cold is walking from your car, across a parking lot into a heated building and back, you should be fine with open toes.  

I would wear tights with them at the very least and if you need to wear outside boots and then change into the other ones once you are inside then do that for sure! I wouldn't wear them outside in very cold weather, you don't want to risk getting frostbite for fashion. I don't think that would be a very wise idea personally.

I dont know where you live, but here in Canada it would be unappropriate and very cold to try to wear a skirt and open toe shoes!

If its for work or something, I would wear tights and maybe change into the open toe shoes once inside.

I would not wear socks unless they were the ankle height nylon (tight- like) socks.

@katana, I can just see it, open toes and wading through knee height snow... that would be horrible! Even when there is no snow and its crazy cold outside like now, you'd end up with frostbite for sure! I only did that once when I was going to a wedding reception and I regretted it, there was ice and snow and bitter wind... I was in a car but still it was insanity! Never again LOL!

Depends on where you wear them to. If you're inside all day and know that you don't have to walk too far for transport/home, you'll be fine. Unless it's snow. Why ruin a good pair of booties if you're going to be waddling around in snow.

Also, I'm jealous.

I want a pair of open toe booties! Sadly, I can't find one that fit my size 11 1/2 feet.

Not all parts of Canada is cold.  Here in Vancouver, its been a mild winter and I've been wearing shorts. Its a balmy 6deg C at 7:42pm.  

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont know where you live, but here in Canada it would be unappropriate and very cold to try to wear a skirt and open toe shoes!

If its for work or something, I would wear tights and maybe change into the open toe shoes once inside.

I would not wear socks unless they were the ankle height nylon (tight- like) socks.

Latest posts

Back