Opinions on Rimmel makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody tried the Rimmel line? What do you think of the Rimmel makeup line? It's been featured in so many magazines that I'm thinking about taking a trip to Walmart to check it out one of these days.
icon_smile.gif

I use thier eyebrow pencil and lip liner and love it. Not sure about the rest of thier line though.

I've only tried their lip gloss in Snog. Wierd name, but the texture and color was pretty nice.

I have a rimmel star dazzlers lip gloss. It has a very nice smell, consistency, and is very pretty! I have smelled the foundation and it is the best smelling foundation I have ever found. I still haven't tried the foundation but think I will next time I go to the store!

I've heard very good things about them, and have liked what I've tried (a few eye shadows).
smile.gif
Let us know what you think when/if you try them!
smile.gif

I remember using Rimmel make up when i was at school. The most popular color was a frosted pink (can't remember the name). I always loved Rimmel. I think their mascara's are pretty good and the lip glosses are fantastic, really shiny.I still have a lip liner called black tulip. I used a foundation called Pale Biscuit along with the pressed powders. Out of all the eyeliner's i have used, their Kohl eyeliner is the darkest and best. It has been such a long time since i used their makeup (almost 20 years!),but i still remember what i used as Rimmel was the first make up brand i ever used.

I agree with all of the ladies here. Rimmel is right up there with Revlon and L'Oreal (& less expensive!) Their lip glosses are A1, and fat eye pencils are perfect for shading and lining and handy for carrying around. The tube (yes tube!) mascara is fantastic!

I dont rate it very good. Its been going in the UK for decades and it tends to make me break out in a rash. Apparently (shhh) Kate Moss even says its cheap and she is the model for Rimmel.

I just picked up a lippie from theirr Shine Temptation - Stars line and the stuff smells nice and fruity (if you're into scented lip stuff). I haven't tried other stuff, but I remember them being a long-time Brit drugstore brand (when I was there on exchange). hth!
smile.gif

i dont shop at walmart, but i just found out that ulta carries rimmel, so yay! i have tried their l/s and found it to be nothing special, but not terrible, just lipsticky......and one of their single shadows, which i didnt care for. it didnt have any pigment.
frown.gif

im interested to try thier plastic comb mascara.

Love their Kohl Liners & their Hide The Blemish concealer.. Their eyeshadows don't last on me but i've oily lids. I prefer to stick to high-end products for eyeshadows anyway!

I just bought their Mineral Enriched 16 hour foundation, and OMG!!! It is pretty much perfect. I was really skeptical but y'all should try this! It lasts forever, color match is perfect, and it doesnt even feel like I am wearing makeup!

I dunno, everything I tested from them were caca! Especially shadows and pencils, horrible.

The pencils are good and the lipglosses are great! I've never found a foundation of theres that matches my skin tone though which is annoying. And the eyeshadows aren't that great, they aren't very pigmented so the colour you see in the palette soo isn't the colour you get on your eye.

This is an old thread!

I like Rimmel for the most part... great lipliners, glosses (especially the Vinyl Gloss, I have 5), I like a couple of their mascaras, and blushes.

I dont care for their eyeshadows, foundations or bronzers (bad colors), or their eyeliners.

I have used very few Rimmel products. I used to use an all-day foundation of theirs(forget the name), but it didn't last all day. I do have two lip liners that I like.

THe mascara works great when its brand new but I found that it dries out fairly quickly.

Latest posts

Back